Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 00:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata rolls out 100,000th Altroz from Pune plant

Almost every post of the thread is begging TATA to provide a proper automatic on the Altroz. The potential customers are also providing the options they can try and crack the combination. Even I’m begging Tata to launch Altroz with a proper automatic gearbox the car deserves it so badly. With strong momentum the figures are bound to go up and with the frequent updates and a proper automatic gearbox(if Tata decides to give it) Altroz can easily dominate the segment. Big thumbs up to Tata for the turnaround in the recent years, they deserve every bit of praise.
Oomph11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 09:15   #17
BHPian

Absolutely well deserved. Kudos Tata.

Nowadays, when almost all cars look similar (especially the SUVs), The Altroz is a breath of fresh air. An absolute looker.

Tata needs to get the creative heads and designers responsible for the Altroz (and even Xenon to some extent) and ask them to come up with their next big one. These guys seem to come up with the right balance of smooth flowing lines and sexy curves.
Old 29th September 2021, 09:42   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

If Tata can plonk in a Torque converter with the 1.5 diesel then it will be the perfect Hatchback money can buy in India!
sagarpadaki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 09:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
If Tata can plonk in a Torque converter with the 1.5 diesel then it will be the perfect Hatchback money can buy in India!
+1

In fact, that is the best thing to do even in the Nexon and Tigor. Tata does not seem to have a TC in any of the affordable range.

After reading the AMT woes in general across all brands, I don't have the courage to buy an AMT.
Old 29th September 2021, 10:06   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
+1

In fact, that is the best thing to do even in the Nexon and Tigor. Tata does not seem to have a TC in any of the affordable range.

After reading the AMT woes in general across all brands, I don't have the courage to buy an AMT.
The Torque converter does not make sense with the underpowered 1.2L on the Tigor. With the 1.2L Turbo petrol the TC will give poor FE. However, with the 1.5D on Nexon and Altroz the TC will be perfect match!
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 19:07   #21
BHPian

Proud owner and really happy to see this mile-stone. Well done Tata Motors.

The wish-list from all of us is here and I hope TaMo is reading it.

The beauty is a beast with 1.5L diesel(Turbo) engine and absolute pleasure to drive on highways.
Chose it over Nexon for easy ingress-egress for elders and features loaded in the package.

Even while I'm driving mine, I find it really difficult to take my eyes off from other Altroz on road, to admire the design language!
rd18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:07   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One of the best looking cars in India, hatchback or otherwise. Whenever I spot an Altroz, I cannot help but tuck behind it and admire the design lines from different angles.
Last 2 weeks with all the test drives and car shopping and every time my family saw this car (includes parents, wife and kids), they would default to the position of buying this over what we were currently considering. Such is the magnetic attraction it commands and this was the viewpoint across 3 generations.

Hilarious that while taking TD of Merc GLA and we go past an Altroz in Black and the same story repeats. Even the SA had a smile on his face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wish list = same engine tune as the Nexon, as there really was no need to give it lesser power. And yes, proper ATs please.
This is the reasoning i gave to the family that if the above 2 are fulfilled I am ready to get this as the third car.
Old 30th September 2021, 06:33   #23
BHPian

100000 copies sold in 20 months for a car which was launched just before the pandemic and lost at least 4-5 months of good publicity and sales due to lockdowns! Phenomenal indeed!
This, along with resurrecting Harrier, that too during a pandemic! Full marks to the entire Tata team!
Geta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks