Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 11:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti S-Assist virtual car assistant for Nexa customers

Maruti Suzuki has launched an AI-based 24x7 virtual car assistant app called 'S-Assist' for its Nexa customers. It has been developed by Xane, under the Mobility and Automobile Innovation Lab (MAIL) initiative.

Name:  image003.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  61.3 KB

The app provides multimedia content like DIY videos, digital literature and workshop assistance. It has a digital copy of the owner's manual and details of over 4,120 Maruti Suzuki workshops across India.

The S-Assist app also has a search function that enables the owner to get information about any part of the vehicle by just clicking a picture and uploading it on the app.

The S-Assist app is available free of cost to Nexa customers. It can be accessed through the “Maruti Suzuki Rewards” mobile app, available on both iOS and Android devices.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 1st October 2021 at 11:52.
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 14:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Assist virtual car assistant for Nexa customers

When someone mentioned about Maruti filing a trademark for S-Assist, I optimistically thought this is something to do with Safety. Now they have shown their usual colours. This doesnt even need a new thread IMO. Guess there is too much loss of talent happening within MSIL and the current guys have no clue how to take the company forward. When was the last time they launched a new product in the market? With the semiconductor shortage impacting their production, I feel that will be a point from where recovery is difficult. Gone are the days when the products were actually competent enough to demand a long wait period. Now the biggest beneficiaries are Hyundai and Kia, and they have all the chances of taking over a good volume from MSIL, followed by Tata.

And I realised this is only for the 'Premium NEXA Customers'
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 15:50   #3
BHPian

Haven't used this S-Assitt but MS Rewards app is very pathetic. I tried to book service through it once in June 2021 but every time I confirmed, the app crashed. Hope MS has rectified that issue too.
Old 1st October 2021, 16:02   #4
BHPian

All these apps need back-end integration of Dealer portals and centralized data. This is a big task. It'll take a lot of time. Unless these are done properly, the end user experience will suck.

If this is the long term vision of Maruti then good. If not then this is just a marketing gimmick.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:27   #5
BHPian

google assistant would do all of that, and better, without needing to add another app on the phone. I am a 'premium' Nexa owner and I will not be using this. thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks