Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2004, 20:06   #1

Hi Folks

I am planning to buy Baleno LXI or VXI in chennai

Anybody knows the maximum discount one can expect from the dealer ( i heard Maruti dealers are giving big discounts for Baleno )

regards

Bharath
Old 1st April 2004, 21:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yeah buddy ure right Maruti has a lots of offers on the Baleno though dont know bout Chennai. However Revvmaster test drove it yesterday, he should have more details..

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2004, 02:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey pal

Officially the Baleno gets a Rs.10,000 discount. However try to push with ur dealer for another 20-30,000. Right now, Maruti might jack up the prices as i write the post. And with new year beginning, expect Maruti to do away with discounts. Whatever u wanna do, be quick at it.

Till then keep revvin
Revvmaster
Old 2nd April 2004, 04:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

10k discount? thats it.....?!... thats really not even a discount...

How was your test drive Revv?

and Bharat, i guess you should also wait for GTOs input as im sure he will have some good advice on a matter like this.

Cheers
Rehaan

ps - also i hope you plan to upgrade your tires (im not saying you should do anything fancy like alloys etc if you dont want to...) but a slightly wider set of tires will definitely improve the baleno's handling and braking, as at the moment it comes with tires just a little too narrow for a car with that kind of potential. Do get back to us if you want further advice on this! cya
Old 2nd April 2004, 11:06   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Bharath,

Shoot away to Sai Service at Worli (if you are from Bombay), and pick up the Baleno Lxi for less than the price of a Maruti Esteem Vxi!! Its true...There is only a 30000 difference between the Esteem Vxi and the Baleno Lxi - butttttttttt thats before the discounts.

The last I went to Sai service, they straight away offered me a 30,000 discount on the Baleno Lxi plus free teflon/dinitrol. Net value comes to just a very little over 6 lacs. An absolute steal if you ask me.

Bargain hard with the showroom guys, tell them that you ARE getting a better deal from another DSA or another dealer. Squeeze them and you may be able to get a better discount that I did.

Hope that helps

GTO
Old 2nd April 2004, 12:48   #6

Guys

Thanks for all your inputs

I am from Chennai and here the dealer is giving me Baleno VXI for 6.48 lacs ( On road price is 6.98 lacs)

Can i get more discounts than this.

Forgot to mention - the car is 2003 december model - so that is why they are giving 50K off

Is it ok to buy or are there any dangers in doing this deal

if it is ok - how much more discount can i get since this is 2003 model

thanks in advance

Bharath
Old 2nd April 2004, 12:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

I guess you could try to get them down some more and like GTO said get the teflon etc done at no extra cost

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2004, 13:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey Bharath

Since the model is that old, you are getting a pretty decent discount. Try your luck at pushing the price down probably by another 10-15k.

Frankly what GTO and me feel is that its better to spend on the Lxi since the VXi just offers you alloys, stereo, silver dash and better seat fabric. Which frankly isn't worth the extra 70-80k one spends on it. Cuz in say around 80 k u can get a new set of alloys + wider tyres for 30k, a stereo with 6cd changer for 20k (atleast), leather interiors for 20k, the silver shroud costs only 2-3k (did anyone know, the faux-wood or silver dash costs car cos. just 300 bucks!!!!) and some other interior embellishments.

As for the test drive Rehaan, the thing i really liked about the Baleno is its torque. Even at 80kmph in 4th gear, the car was doing a lazy 2750rpm. The problem with the engine is its too buzzy at speeds above 70kmph. I don't know how Maruti claims to have used 13 noise reduction technologies, cuz i see atleast 1 missing. Overall the car is really a steal for less than 7 lakhs. The interiors cud do with some more sparkle besides the silver dash, the tyres cause the car to understeer even at medium speeds and that rear butt needs a change. With these three changes, i don't see why Maruti shudn't be able to sell 1000+ units of the car against the current 200 odd.

Keep revvin
Revvmaster

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks