Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 20:02   #136
sri

Honda has woken up?

Its good to hear that nhc will be available with abs and airbags !

Every body is in the business of making max profit with least investment. Basically looking for max RoI.

Honda has done this very well.....till date. Now with the emergence of diesel-fiesta and sx4, it looks like the future doesn't look rosy to nhc.

options that honda has
1. bring on a diesel power plant (long term solution to stay as the market leader)
2. bring on the abs/airbags (i m sure they will do this)
3. reduce the price (this would be interesting i think they will cut by atleast 20k, if not it wont have any impact)
4. they will offer excellent loan schemes (looks least likely have a great impact)

does any one know if honda has a good diesel engine which they could use in nhc?
Old 24th May 2007, 20:49   #137
Team-BHP Support

autocar predicts they will raise the price by 20k because of the airbags and abs.
Old 24th May 2007, 21:54   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
autocar predicts they will raise the price by 20k because of the airbags and abs.
20k should be bearable.considering and thinking from Safety aspect. but i think its going to be more.. Airbags are expensive..

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 21:59   #139
Team-BHP Support

I have a feeling we wont get the airbags just the ABS. the cost involved to incorporate the airbags will be too high. they will have to change the dash board design. the second glovebox will go and the steering also needs to change to the thailand spec. ABS is easier to fit the kit.

I see more features, hopefully better rubber with ABS, climacon and other small touches.

And if they dont put airbags they can actually bring this out at no extra cost.

This is just a hunch not actual info.
Old 24th May 2007, 22:06   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
II see more features, hopefully better rubber with ABS, climacon and other small touches.
Kya re.. climate control and ABS alone will shoot up the prices..

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 22:18   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Kya re.. climate control and ABS alone will shoot up the prices..

Godfather
It will shoot up but I have a feeling they will absorb it cause then it will cost 10L for the Vtec and a city for 10L is really of no use. that's thin ice for honda. If the SX4 can provide all that then honda should.

Also I think they will launch it only when the SX4 intoductory offer is over.

Again all hunches. calculated guesses.
Old 24th May 2007, 22:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will shoot up but I have a feeling they will absorb it
Hahahahahaha.. which Indian car manufacturer has absorbed the prices in the first place.. No one does that.. its a take it or leave it market.

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 23:05   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

...calculated guesses.

Your calculator is malfunctioning.
Old 24th May 2007, 23:10   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Your calculator is malfunctioning.

I think its Broken.

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 23:53   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahahahahaha.. which Indian car manufacturer has absorbed the prices in the first place.. No one does that.. its a take it or leave it market.

Godfather
Hahahaha....Well you are assuming that they dont have enough margins right now... which is of course not true... I think they have enough lee way (profit) to add these features and still not increase the price by say 30 k max... Of course this would dent into their profits per car, but they would still make quite a lot on it!!!

GrandPA
Old 25th May 2007, 00:06   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Hahahaha....Well you are assuming that they dont have enough margins right now... which is of course not true... I think they have enough lee way (profit) to add these features and still not increase the price by say 30 k max... Of course this would dent into their profits per car, but they would still make quite a lot on it!!!

GrandPA
If you are talking from Company..Yes they have a profit.. But from dealer point of view they dont..
I know the owner of Dakshin Honda.. Very close friend of my dad.. He has told me this.. No dealer makes a considerable profit in selling cars.. they make a living from A.S.S...

and who u calling GrandPA??

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 07:36   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are talking from Company..Yes they have a profit.. But from dealer point of view they dont..
I know the owner of Dakshin Honda.. Very close friend of my dad.. He has told me this.. No dealer makes a considerable profit in selling cars.. they make a living from A.S.S...

and who u calling GrandPA??

Godfather
Well I am talking about Honda and not the dealers... I or my dad personally dont know any Honda dealers or Mr.Nobunari Matsusheta so cant comment on how much they are milking the customer for... but considering the price City sells for worldwide, I am sure they have plenty of money to spare.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2007 at 02:00. Reason: removing inflamatory comments
Old 25th May 2007, 15:10   #148

A businessman will never disclose the real picture, not even to 'close' friends.
Old 25th May 2007, 15:19   #149

Regarding Suzuki's 'transformation' and impression that the company's image is improving, I haven't seen suzuki's image change in 2 decades... I don't see it happening anytime soon. They still price their cars for the budget buyer.

IMHO, the Swift was ugly at the trade fair even before it came into production, and it's the same today. Okay, the NHC is odd--by any standards--but look, we have the Civic, which is a head turner, and some more that are making their way to India. Suzuki's Estilo range just underlines the company's target market: those who only look at the price and 'performance' and don't care about the plastic interiors or comfort. Can one really compare the comfort levels afforded by Honda to that of Suzuki?

As I mentioned earlier, the SX4 is sure to stir up the market. Honda has never been able to match Suzuki in pricing, so I doubt it's going to happen now, whether their newer models will have added features or not.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unigen
Regarding Suzuki's 'transformation' and impression that the company's image is improving, I haven't seen suzuki's image change in 2 decades. They still price their cars for the budget buyer.
You make it sound as if they are doing a great disservice by pricing their cars low. Or do you wish that they also do a Honda by charging a premium for their products ?

Quote:
Suzuki's Estilo range just underlines the company's target market: those who only look at the price and 'performance' and don't care about the plastic interiors or comfort. Can one really compare the comfort levels afforded by Honda to that of Suzuki?
Boss, please compare apples with apples. Honda does not have anything in the compact segment here, so why talk about Estilos/WagonRs. Compare the SX4 and the NHC and then let us know how Suzuki is lagging when it comes to the creature comforts you mentioned.

Quote:
Honda has never been able to match Suzuki in pricing, so I doubt it's going to happen now, whether their newer models will have added features or not.
Its not that they could not match. Its just that they did not want to or did not need to match the low prices, due to the brand image that a Honda commands here.

When people are falling all over themselves to buy a 1.5l, 76bhp, ugly looking car for a price that is higher than what the competition charges for more powerful and equally appointed cars, do you think they would even think of lowering prices? I for one would not blame them. After all this is business and not charity - if the demand is there, nothing wrong in charging a premium. Though looks like this situation will soon have to change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks