Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
NHC ..
SX4 will have a end similiar to baleno.
Actually, it is the other way round. The baleno had a decent ending with people wanting to buy it. It just did not kick off then like the SX4 is now.
Old 22nd May 2007, 17:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Actually, it is the other way round. The baleno had a decent ending with people wanting to buy it. It just did not kick off then like the SX4 is now.
Did I say baleno had a bad ending
"The truth is out there".. you know what I mean
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think that the sx4 will become history because of these measures,like goldie pointed out its going to be difficult to give all the goodies for just 20k,even if that happens there is still around 70,000-75,000 rupee difference between the sx4 zxi and the nhc gxi.

Both products may very well coexist because both are actually targeting different sections of the market,maruti will continue to play the vfm tag.Its not going to be an easy road ahead for both companies,as a consumer I think what more can you ask for but competition,lack of it can actually spoil companies.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 22nd May 2007 at 18:40.
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:35   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did I say baleno had a bad ending
Are you saying that SX4 will come down further still in price and then will just send everyone else to the cleaners?
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

No way sx4 is going down or having bad sales which baleno had earlier (before price cut). NHC with airbags and stuff will cost a bomb like 8.5+. but it sure can effect sx4 sales a bit coz of HONDA Badge..
Old 22nd May 2007, 18:51   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Please substantiate.

Quote:
Some of us are incapable of discovering the truth. May you should let us in on it.
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:35   #22
Senior - BHPian

I expect the SX4 price to increase. After all, Maruti has officially termed it as an "introductory" price.

That said, there is nothing "New" about NHC anymore.. So if Honda thinks pple are gonna buy a relatively older car at a higher price, just becoz they have added bits and pieces.. all the best to them !!
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Whatever Honda does, am sure Maruti would win hands down on the price aspect. However, for those people who cherish and worship the Honda brand (read that as me !) this is good news. But, I personally opine that Honda can do better than just adding safety features because a competitor did. Last but not least, if whatever that is proposed of the NHC turns true then we know for a fact that Honda cannot brag of its invincibility any longer.
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:38   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Honda is facing the heat with the launch of the SX4, the Zxi trim of the SX4 makes the NHC look spartan.

So Honda have decided to give the NHC some safety features which it diserved since quite long, since a New City is almost a year ahead.

Also Vtec will now be available in the GXi trim at a increase in price by Rs. 20000/-

I think ABS/Airbags will be available at no additional cost.

Source - ACI
this is the assumption/news when the thread started. 20k thing !

Baleno is a good car. But maruti has publically accepted it was a damp squib from start to end. So you have competent SX4 now. If city stands neck to neck with SX4 in price and features. City is going to march ahead. Honda is more respected brand than maruti in this segment. Honda for class consious gentry. Indian janta will choose city. Sx4 is a good product but may fall in sales if honda adopts the strategy mentioned in the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
I don't think that the sx4 will become history because of these measures,like goldie pointed out its going to be difficult to give all the goodies for just 20k,even if that happens there is still around 70,000-75,000 rupee difference between the sx4 zxi and the nhc gxi.

Both products may very well coexist because both are actually targeting different sections of the market,maruti will continue to play the vfm tag.Its not going to be an easy road ahead for both companies,as a consumer I think what more can you ask for but competition,lack of it can actually spoil companies.
Yes I agree here for intial start of SX4. If SX4 proves itself and people accept SX4. There is future for SX4. City is accepted product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Are you saying that SX4 will come down further still in price and then will just send everyone else to the cleaners?
No I don't mean that

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
it sure can effect sx4 sales a bit coz of HONDA Badge..
Yes it will. SX4 will lose some numbers to Honda. How much that the time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Some of us are incapable of discovering the truth. May you should let us in on it.
Incapability is just the state of mind, when it refuses to accept . It takes time.
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

gee, i wonder why this sx4 bashing goes on and on in every thread. wake up folks this is about a new honda!! and there are other threads to start those old topics over and over again. enjoy there!

honda will come with abs/airbags and the car will still sell no matter what. and if they plonk in the vtec onto gxi, nothing like it.
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:17   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep
But maruti has publically accepted it was a damp squib from start to end.
Can you back this up with proof or state why it was a squib? Because last I had a word with the GM (M&S) there weren't that happy that the baleno was being phased out. Because its sales were really fabulous. And I have personally seen the numbers that were being sold on his computer, and those that were in the list to be delivered. That said there is no baleno in stock in any of the showrooms in bangalore I am told. Maybe that ought to tell something. Stocks emptying that soon. Only goes to show the popularity of the car. Here and amongst general public too.

Quote:
Incapability is just the state of mind, when it refuses to accept . It takes time.
As much as these slogans sound good to ears and make an interesting reading I suggest you back your claims with necessary proofs. I have accepted the Pro's & Con's of baleno. So I would be the last person to argue with this point. One last question, have you driven the baleno extensively before shooting off such comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksrik
gee, i wonder why this sx4 bashing goes on and on in every thread.
With honda making such ugly looking cars (NHC, new CRV) where else do you think honda fan club will show their frustration on ?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 22nd May 2007 at 21:19.
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
gee, i wonder why this sx4 bashing goes on and on in every thread...
I thought it was NHC bashing on every thread.
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

its nice to see both cars get 24 votes!! now this is called real competition even within team bhp!! it also means there are two good cars no doubts!

and maybe in 2008, we ll have a fiat linea thread where both honda and sx4 will be bashed. human nature aint it ? the fact is that the sx4 is a new and good car (now how many times has maruti launched stuff this big?) and its an effort by maruti. honda being a huge stakeholder in this segment wont keep quiet though.
Old 22nd May 2007, 22:35   #29

in the test between the sx4 and the city gxi in this months autocar,they have mentioned the build quality of the sx4 to be not good enough.and i'll quote from the article"the sx4 also inherits the swifts flimsy build quality with some rattles already creeping nto our test car that barly had 3000km on the clock".
the efficiency as measured by the autocar staff was 9.3kmpl in the city which isnt too good considering the fact that its direct rival is the nhc which easily returns 14kmpl in the city.
was at an accessory shop where a sx4 owner had come to upgrade his music system.removing the integrated console was such a pain and the fit and finish after installing the new hu wasnt too good,not to forget the classy looks of the interiors was completely ruined.the ice guys coud face a lot of problems.not to forget the audio control buttons on the steering wheel,then become useless.dont like the steering wheel though.atleast maruti could have given an upmarket steering wheel and not the swift one.
no doubt sx4 is a great car and have outdone themselves with the sx4.i have a feeling mul should be targeting the fiesta,verna etc and not the honda.
i just hope history isnt repeated where the baleno was targeted against the ohc and the lancer and lost miserably.
whichever car wins,the outcome is only going to be beneficial for the customers.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

The i-DSi engine returned a superb 10.9 and 16.6kpl in manual guise, and the CVT returned a very respectable 8.9kpl (city) and 14.5kpl (highway).

The VTEC returns 10.5kpl in the city and an impressive 16.3kpl on the highway.

Source:
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Most Viewed