Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:51   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Sir..With due respect, I think u r skating on thin ice there.. talking about soulfull Honda touch and all.. .. I actually wince every time I see an NHC and wonder "Is this how cars of the future are gonna look like?".

I can tell you from the bottom of my soul that I will never wear bell bottom pants or buy an NHC like car.. no matter how popular they are.. now or in the future..
Yes the design is radical and new...dont worry mate you will get used to it, I agree some people take time to get out of their cocoons! The CoD figures of the car speaks volumes of the purpose of design ...you might wana get abreast of things like that!
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

After 127 votes, there is only 5 votes difference inbetween the cars in fav of sx4...guess this speaks a lot coz we are comparing a so called ugly designed, old, grandmother type, small tyred, bad vfm Honda with no safety features with a brand new, crisp, father of vfm, big tyred, fully loaded top of the line Maruti invention!!!
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:16   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
we are comparing a so called ugly designed, old, grandmother type, small tyred, bad vfm Honda with no safety features with a brand new, crisp, father of vfm, big tyred, fully loaded top of the line Maruti invention!!!
Not exactly. If it were the case the numbers would have been different.
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After 127 votes, there is only 5 votes difference inbetween the cars in fav of sx4...guess this speaks a lot coz we are comparing a so called ugly designed, old, grandmother type, small tyred, bad vfm Honda with no safety features with a brand new, crisp, father of vfm, big tyred, fully loaded top of the line Maruti invention!!!
Its amazing you missed out on what exactly you were voting for.
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:39   #95
Senior - BHPian

TypO, Rahul: My bad, penning err...yes, with prospective safety features!

Last edited by The Wolf : 23rd May 2007 at 20:42.
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:05   #96
BHPian

I'm a n00bie around, and I could say that I registered here today for voting for SX4. :-P

I just booked one 3 days back.

Have a slightly different perspective here. In addition to the potential 'poaching' abilities of SX4, I think Maruti has come up with a winner that would broaden the market per se. I was never really looking for a car for anything more than 6/6.5 Lac, and wouldn't have gone for SX4 even with exactly the saame features had it been from some other company. With Maruti, I know its VFM, great A.S.S and also, more importantly, that the car will be around and can be serviced even if the market does what it did for Baleno. In short: It can't be a blooper.

Having been a Maruti loyalist for about 13 years, I didn't bother a whisker to loosen an additional lakh from my purse - something I wouldn't have done for Honda or any other brand.

So, yet another one bites the dust.
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:28   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Nope not possible. Raising the VTEC's price by 2L will take it dangerously closer to the Civic's price & even Honda's not that stupid to mess up between its own products in different segments.

I would expect a price rise of aroud 20-30k depending on model & spec.
Ishaan, I meant 1-2L dearer compared to the SX4 not the current NHC rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
After 127 votes, there is only 5 votes difference inbetween the cars in fav of sx4..
Ritesh, I am not quite sure if most who have voted for the NHC have considered that it might not be priced same as the SX4. If priced similarly(difference being less than 20-30k) the scene will be different.
Old 23rd May 2007, 21:49   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Ishaan, I meant 1-2L dearer compared to the SX4 not the current NHC rates.

Ritesh, I am not quite sure if most who have voted for the NHC have considered that it might not be priced same as the SX4. If priced similarly(difference being less than 20-30k) the scene will be different.
2 lakh dearer than SX4 would mean that Honda City Vtec comes to 8.8 Lakhs ex-showroom, which is 20k more than what it sells for now.... which is what everyone thinks would happen.
If SX4 was priced same as honda city, I think MUL would have few takers... Its the VFM that makes SX4 a good deal.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:22   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Speaks a lot about the fixation the janta have with the H logo. And I would like to know how many of the voters have driven both cars, extensively or otherwise.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
The NHC Vtec beats the SX4 hands down in performance. And let me tell you, its much more fun to redline the Vtec than the SX4 or the baleno. At least you dont get all that whining and vibrations from the engine.
I beg to differ on this.. I will not agree. I have driven both the NHC Vtec and the SX4. in a 0-100 the SX4 will run circles around the NHC

Quote:
Try out the rear seats or even the front seats of the NHC, and see how comfortable they are. Check out the rear comfort. Check out the fit and finish of the interiors.
yes..I agree that the NHC is more comfortable

Quote:
Where does SX4 beat the Vtec -
Performance - heck no.
Interiors/space/comfort/luxury - heck no.
Safety - Yes, for the time-being till the NHC get its own stuff
FE - not a chance.
VFM - Yes, thats about the only advantage that SX4 has and might have for quite some time. Note that the current prices are only introductory offers, and there will be a 20-30k increase for sure in another couple of months.
Lets have a Showdown then.. Stock SX4 vwesus the NHC Vtec.. Heck even the Old Vtec will do..
ON all the above points.. I am sure this is the only way to clear a lot of misunderstanding and porve much needed points.

Quote:
PS - the Vtec is 100 BHP.
Please check again.. its 92 or 94.
Quote:

PPPS - he has booked the SX4.
I rest my case.

Godfather

Last edited by aah78 : 24th May 2007 at 00:51. Reason: editing quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:34   #101
BHPian

Suzuki wants to take on Honda with better features and price here. Clearly the NHC Gxi (and not the VTec) is the target of the SX4, despite less power (more power of Fiesta, Verna did not dent NHC Gxi sales - FE rules!) . As someone observed, a lot of C segment buyers are also brand conscious. My guess is Honda will introduce ABS, airbags at nominal (about 10K) price increase - and wait for the initial SX4 surge to stabilise.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Speaks a lot about the fixation the janta have with the H logo.
Why not?? Face value comes with track record. Needless to say Toyotas and Hondas have carved a niche in reliability with performance globally year after year!!! I mean I havent seen any company challenge them in this aspect, atleast not in last half a decade or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And I would like to know how many of the voters have driven both cars, extensively or otherwise.
Me too...

Wow, the SX4 numbers are climbing now....that speaks volumes of our aam janata's mindset!!!

Last edited by The Wolf : 23rd May 2007 at 22:46.
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:35   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Godfather
It's 100bhp goddy.

Honda City: About City : Hightlights : Specifications
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:43   #104
Senior - BHPian

NHC VTEC is 98.63 BHP to be precise
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:49   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Godfather
Hain???!!!! Where did you get that from??? Baleno???

Quote:
I rest my case
You should too, but after you research on whats the NHC's real power.

Most Viewed