Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 20:31   #196
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
This months ACI has a letter from Honda saying that the news in last months ACI isint true and they dont intend to come with any new model with ABS/Airbags for Rs.20000

I guess all this is to prevent people for waiting for the New City with ABS and hence their current City's wont sell

If your second sentense is true, come diwali should such a car with ABS be launched I bet there will be a lot of existing customers going boo-boo over honda. I would be pretty mad if I was conned into buying an inferior model based on a promise that there will not be a revamp soon. Maybe honda should hire the marketing representatives from Maruti. Atleast they seem to put out a feel good factor message with the production thing.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th June 2007 at 20:33.
Old 25th June 2007, 21:20   #197
Senior - BHPian

I totaly agree mclaren1885, Maruti is only one auto company in India which has wonderfull marketing strategy. I apprecaite its placing the models in right segment and coming up with VFM variants in it.

Example-> Adjustable mirror available from inside even in middle variants like VXI but few middle variants of luxury cars (like Logan/Innova etc) don't have that facility. This is just one example there are lots more like this. Thats why I really like MUL strategy.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 26th June 2007, 09:45   #198
BHPian

Actually Honda keeps giving ads for NHC in Times Auto in TOI bangalore - I didn't see even single ad for SX4, only articles were there. MUL is so confident that SX4's VFM would reach customers without many ad campaign.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:20   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I would be pretty mad if I was conned into buying an inferior model based on a promise that there will not be a revamp soon. Maybe honda should hire the marketing representatives from Maruti.
I beg to differ.
When I was in the process of buying Alto 2005 (New Shape), the Maruti guys never told me that there is a face lifted model being launched. Imagine this happened just a few days before I saw a full truck load of the face lifted model parked right in front of their stock yard. It was by pure luck that I happened to see the face lifted version their yard on my way to the showroom with all documents to book the car (old model). When asked, they said that the cosmetic change is only to the lights and grill. I was not convinced and demanded to see the vehicle and the changes were not skin deep. (...hard luck that I was not among you those days. It would have been really helpful).
The same thing happened last year when my uncle wanted to buy a Wagon R. Just because of me he put off this purchase by almost 4 months! I kept telling him that Wagon R either will be phased off or face lifted soon. Even 2 months before the face lifted version was launched, Maruti guys denied any face lifted version. Now although personally I dont like the face lifted version of Wagon R, he is happy that he has the latest version.
Well maruti show rooms sold Zen without even telling the buyers that it was already phased out.
Maruti showrooms were 'wise' enough to divert the interest generated by Swift (at the launch) to actual sales of Wagon R and Baleno!!!!!!
So Maruti or Honda, be it any manufacturer, they would try to protect their interests. Its us, the customers who need to be cautious, well informative and decide what we want.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:47   #200
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Dhar's what I meant is. ACI claims Honda is coming out with the ABS version by diwali? Then Honda comes out with a letter saying No we aren't coming out publically. Now if they do come out? Won't you find it disgusting?

Its a different issue that you have gone through. Yes, the dealers have lied to you. But all you had to do is read ACI/other automotive mags which most often than had news of upgrades. Atleast Maruti (I mean the parent company not dealers) didn't lie that they aren't coming with a revamp and then successfully gone and launched a vehicle. Should Honda not come out with a revamp I would respect them. Not otherwise.

Also kindly read the marking in bold from my sentence
Quote:
I would be pretty mad if I was conned into buying an inferior model based on a promise that there will not be a revamp soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's
When I was in the process of buying Alto 2005 (New Shape), the Maruti guys never told me that there is a face lifted model being launched.
Its a cruel business my friend. A lot depend on your rapport with your dealer. Just in case my dealer keeps me informed of all updates.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 26th June 2007 at 11:56.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:12   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Dhar's what I meant is. ACI claims Honda is coming out with the ABS version by diwali? Then Honda comes out with a letter saying No we aren't coming out publically. Now if they do come out? Won't you find it disgusting?
I agree to that. If the company confirms that there is no upgrade and then comes up with an upgrade, its more than disgusting. It should be called nothing but cheating.

Unfortunately, I havent read about ACI's claim and the source of information to them. So I can't comment on that.

Manufacturer's marketing strategies are also implemented through dealers. During those days I mentioned earlier, I had at least visited four dealers and I found the same 'strategy' (of diverting inquiries to sales of other models etc). Hence, I thought its Maruti's hidden sales tactics.
Old 20th July 2007, 17:05   #202
BHPian

[FONT=Arial]I bought the NHC vtec 3 months back, soon after that SX4 came in market. After looking at the specs and the price of SX4, initially I felt bad ending up with NHC vtec. Still went to test drive the SX4. At the first look I didn't like the front look of the car. The tyre size and the ground clearance was impressive. But so big tyres sometimes looks odd. Comfort in getting in/out is definitely good. Somehow the feel after sitting at the driver seat is not good. Rear seating is not much comfortable. Seat cusions are very hard. Overall, inside finish and design is not good as compared to NHC. Honda is far better in all that. After a closer look at SX4, I was happy to have NHC vtec. Coverd 5000km now, due for 2nd free service. But still I'm getting [/FONT][FONT=Arial]with full time AC [/FONT][FONT=Arial]14 to 15 on highway and 12 in City.[/FONT]
Old 21st July 2007, 09:37   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunksaral View Post
But so big tyres sometimes looks odd.
On a lighter note;

Big tyres means more expense when you want to replace old tyres
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:29   #204
BHPian

My Uncle -73yrs age, in Jaipur wants to buy a new C seg. petrol car. Running is 1200 - 1300 km/month -- mainly City with 1 trip to delhi every 2 months or so (means avg. highway drive about 250 km / month. He wants a comfortable car with decent resale after 5 yrs or so. Driver drives most of the time. Should be less on maintenance.
City -- dealer is putting in music system and colouring the handles / orvms. Sx4 -- no freebie, but already with ABS, Airbags, Music System etc.
Which will be a better buy for him.
He feels City is more comfortable to sit in. Sx4 has better GC and higher ingress.
Please advice URGENTLY. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd August 2007, 11:29   #205
Senior - BHPian

Go for the SX4, its totally VFM.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:17   #206
BHPian

If he buys SX4, only additional ones to put later are sun film and seat covers if not buying optional leather cover (these 2 anyway needs to be bought almost for all cars), otherwise nothing to spend.

Just calculate what such additions you will need for City, even basic fog lamp is not available in City.
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:20   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post
He feels City is more comfortable to sit in. Sx4 has better GC and higher ingress.
Let your uncle sit in both cars and have a drive in city. Choose the one which is more comfortable.
Though for the same price SX4 packs more stuff than NHC, those stuff may or may not result in better comfort. Let your uncle decide that. Its too early to compare resale value of these 2 cars (I doubt anybody would have sold their SX4 - it was launched just 3 months ago).
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:22   #208
Team-BHP Support

Is he ready to wait for the SX4 ? ZXI comes with a longish waiting period in most cities
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:33   #209
Senior - BHPian

Arre guys,

Diwali time it is !! NHC with airbags and ABS and a minor facelift. I have been shouting this out for quite some time now. Trust me - after all I told you guys that the FACELIFTED CIVIC was coming in June (I specified the changes too) , didn't I ?
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:36   #210
Senior - BHPian

Diwali ... hmmm !! ( Der sahi darust sahi - Better late than Never )

At last they are bringing in the upgraded model !! Honda is a late learner !! Now just hoping they price it right !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks