Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: NHC with ABS/Airbags are similar prices which would you choose
SX4 146 49.66%
NHC 148 50.34%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 13:23   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
SB, sadly its not just 20k what you have to shell out, more like 70-80k, depending on car to car. Since once airbag deploys, you need to change dashboard, steering wheel, new airbags, seat belts and what not and all this costs around 1.4L, Insurance covers just 50%
Oh, oh. I did not know that it was that costly an affair. For the swiftZxi, 1.4L is like 1/3rd the car cost. Are you sure ? BTW, why change the seatbelts?
Old 7th September 2007, 13:55   #257
VMG
BHPian

Came to know from the Honda dealer today, Vtech+ will be in show room middle of next week and the price will be 50k extra. Vtech+ will come with ABS, Airbags and leather seats.
Old 7th September 2007, 14:00   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Came to know from the Honda dealer today, Vtech+ will be in show room middle of next week and the price will be 50k extra. Vtech+ will come with ABS, Airbags and leather seats.

as such i wonder why is anyone buying the NHC VTEC ?? if its performance u want - there are better cars ( and cheaper also ) ...if its comfort and mileage - u have the normal NHC and many other choices .....

if its a mix of both - still there are manyother choices at lower prices....

this additional features at 50k extra is not going to do any good at all.....

it would be very close to base corolla and even magnum diesel territory
Old 7th September 2007, 16:49   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Oh, oh. I did not know that it was that costly an affair. For the swiftZxi, 1.4L is like 1/3rd the car cost. Are you sure ? BTW, why change the seatbelts?
Well thats the price for D segment cars, expect around 1L for the Zxi or so since dashboard needs to be changed. Seat Belts have to be changed as during a impact in which airbags get deployed usally seatbelts also get torn due to the force, not sure but i read somewhere. Somebody please enlighten what all has to be changed.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:56   #260
Team-BHP Support

Seatbelts do not get torn busa. Only cars where the seatbelts have pre-tensioners need to have the belts replaced. I don't think the swift has pre-tensioners, so a bit of money is saved there.

Edit: We could continue the discussion on airbags in general on This thread. (ABS & Airbag requirement in indian conditions) Lets not get off topic here.

Last edited by Rtech : 7th September 2007 at 17:06.
Old 7th September 2007, 19:12   #261
BHPian

Final date of the New City VTEC launch is 11th Sept. The cars are already reaching the dealerships. Called the 10th Anniversary model. Price to be declared on 10th or 11th only.

Main Changes are:

1. ABS
2. SRS (Airbags)
3. New Alpine audio system (NOT INTEGRATED)
4. Leather seats.
5. New Steering Wheel (Due to SRS airbags).

Might be some other minor cosmetic modifications. I have been invited to inspect the car at Jaipur and also test drive it (though RTO approval yet to come--is it needed again?). The car was recieved there at 4 pm today and I had this talk at

Expected increase in price?? (If HONDA prices it aggresively, I'd say 20,000 or less, otherwise upto 55000 or so).

No ABS and airbags in the Idsi models. How will they compete with SX4, lets see? I think they are trying to compete only with the SX4 Zxi Leather version.

If they increase the price of this VTEC then the H1 of the Corolla becomes an exceptional buy for the price.

WHAT DISCOUNTS CAN I EXPECT ON THE COROLLA H1? I want to buy 1 immediately (delivery latest by 25th Sept or so). Which colour of the Corolla H1 is good? (No black, plain white or dark colours please)
Old 7th September 2007, 19:42   #262
Senior - BHPian

Honda has lost it, with 60k increment in prices i doubt Honda is going to sell much of the City Anniversary. Instead a 20k hike seems more sensible & when the hell is the City Vtec going to get the much deserrved 15inchers with wider rubber.

Quote:
WHAT DISCOUNTS CAN I EXPECT ON THE COROLLA H1? I want to buy 1 immediately (delivery latest by 25th Sept or so). Which colour of the Corolla H1 is good? (No black, plain white or dark colours please)
Silver
Old 7th September 2007, 20:10   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Honda has lost it, with 60k increment in prices i doubt Honda is going to sell much of the City Anniversary. Instead a 20k hike seems more sensible & when the hell is the City Vtec going to get the much deserrved 15inchers with wider rubber.
They are going to make a lot of recent VTEC buyers very unhappy.
Old 7th September 2007, 20:46   #264
BHPian

The OTR price in Bombay will be 10+. That's what Arya Honda told me today. Since I have booked an NHC I wanted to check out the new anniv NHC with ABS.

As far as airbag replacement cost is concerned, I was told by the Ford dealer in Calcutta that it would be around 90k-1L. Of course that was when I was comparing the Fiesta, which doesn't have airbags with SX4. .
Old 8th September 2007, 00:40   #265
Senior - BHPian

no revamp on the DSI models!! I am not getting it. 95% of NHC sales is on the EXi/GXi variants and the VTEC variant which hardly sells is the one HONDA choose for safety features... Its a big let down to many of the prospective buyers who are waiting for a revamped NHC (Exi/Gxi) .. I can see more NHC sales losing down to other C-segment cars.. I conisder myself lucky for not waiting for the much hyped NHC variants with safety features..
Old 8th September 2007, 11:37   #266
Senior - BHPian

What is Honda trying to do ? If as discussed above, Honda does go ahead and price the Vtec + 50k more than the older model, it is useless, people will buy H1 & Magnum in that case.

We will know in a few days !!
Old 9th September 2007, 08:46   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
no revamp on the DSI models!! I am not getting it. 95% of NHC sales is on the EXi/GXi variants and the VTEC variant which hardly sells is the one HONDA choose for safety features... Its a big let down to many of the prospective buyers who are waiting for a revamped NHC (Exi/Gxi) .. I can see more NHC sales losing down to other C-segment cars.. I conisder myself lucky for not waiting for the much hyped NHC variants with safety features..
I think what they are trying to do is give a technology demonstration .
This is absolutely stupid on Honda's part. They will only increase the sale of the SX4 Zxi non leather version. What are they trying to show?? I think Maruti wins the 1st round as far as the VFM is concerned. I feel Honda just wants to position 1 model with ABS etc. at the highest end so that they can mark their presence. They are due to replace the City by 2008 anyway, so just killing time.
Old 9th September 2007, 19:09   #268
BHPian

I am also waiting for the NHC new avtar, but i already have doubts whether it will be worth it, for all that they say honda is only buying time till the next city, Ithink they will be better off offering substantial discounts on the present idsi or they should price the new arrival very very competitively.
I personally will go for a cedia if honda is going to price NHC anniversary edition some where near a D segment car
Old 9th September 2007, 19:13   #269
BHPian

VTEC in Gxi

Thats what i hear from the local dealer and an increase less than 20 k...hmmm that may be just about ok for many
Old 10th September 2007, 10:47   #270
Senior - BHPian

Ok.

NC doesnt have access to a computer at the moment but hes asked me to post this.

The NHC is being launched today with ABS and airbags. Havent got pricing details yet but NC should do the needful soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks