Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 09:43   #16

Re: Hyundai Creta waiting period increases to 8 months!

We have a booking for Kia Sonet GTX plus and the wait has been similar. They promised delivery initially in 6-8 weeks. It's been 5 months now and no updates from Kia.
Old 18th October 2021, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
I can list few reasons why s-cross isn't considered as alternative by most of the people shopping in 12-20 lakhs price bracket -
1) Lack of aspirational features - sunroof, electrically operated and ventilated seats, good quality ICE, connectivity options, air purifier (We bhpians may bash Hyundai Kia for giving features over safety but the market doesn't care )
4) No diesel engine and no proper automatic transmission - decades old 4 speed auto transmission will not attract millennial buyers.
Even at 11 - 12 lakhs on the road price budget, there are many cars way better than S-Cross.
Agreed about the lack of diesel engine, proper AT and rear A/C vents. But, there is a whopping 50-70% price difference just for the features alone. And also, neither the base-mid variants of Creta are heavily over-kitted for Rs.12L-13L.

What about the waiting periods for base variants of Creta/Seltos?
Old 18th October 2021, 12:36   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Any reasons on why S-cross is not considered an alternative to Creta/Seltos by many? IMHO, S-Cross Zeta is worth spending Rs.11-12L.
Jitin, I can share my thought process when I was looking for a new car. All these are my opinion or that of my wife (S-Cross was her favourite!).

1. When moving from a WagonR, the S-Cross seats felt lower. The ingress/egress wasn't as good as our WagonR. I felt seating lower down and didn't like the view from the driver's seat.

2. Due to that sea of black and grey, the interiors looked very dull/unattractive. Exterior design looks like a big hatchback but not a pseudo-SUV. To give you an idea, during my visit to Nexa again in 2019 I had checked out out the XL-6 too and test drove the Ciaz. Clearly they had much better interiors.

3. Absence of rear AC vents have been felt on many of my trips and I wanted those on my next car. And it can't be fitted aftermarket.

4. Back then, S-Cross came with the 1.3L diesel which wasn't adequate for me. I test drove the Ciaz 1.5 petrol but even that felt like a compromise (but better than S-Cross 1.3) for my next upgrade.

5. After having multiple Marutis in friends and family circle, the interior build quality was questionable but I was expecting S-Cross would be premium (just as I expected from Ciaz).
First I experienced rattles in a 1.4 Ciaz which has been a true garage queen at my friend's place. Then I was closely following the resident Kung-fu Panda and its tantrums.

First the posts like these told me Maruti is cutting corners behind the scene which will manifest sooner or later. That's fine in our old Alto or my WagonR but I wouldn't pay 2-3x to get a similar build once again.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4481325

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4534394

And the best one so far, those fake dentures was the last I could digest! Even my wife agreed that Kung-fu Panda doesn't look good without its dentures.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4483573 (S-Cross' suspicious build: Towing rips out the tow hook & front members)

We can talk about crash ratings but those were not known back when I was in market. What was known was visible to the naked eye or shared by fellow owners.

Regarding the price difference, my reason was that if I spend 12L on S-Cross, I might feel like upgrading from it in 'X' years but if I spend more then, I could hold on for 'X+Y' years before I upgrade.

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th October 2021 at 12:44.
ashis89 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 13:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Any reasons on why S-cross is not considered an alternative to Creta/Seltos by many? IMHO, S-Cross Zeta is worth spending Rs.11-12L.
When purchasing a new car, I did evaluate the S-Cross.
Both Me & My wife did not like it at all.

Some reasons:
1. Black Plain-Jane Interiors look uninspiring, and borderline dull.
2. Petrol Only Option.
3. Petrol Engine has no punch in Mid range.
4. The MID along with it's adjustment 'stick' is an eye-sore and a pain to use.
5. 5-Speed Gearbox is a serious handicap on the Highways.
6. Absolutely Zero under body protection.
7. Un-necessary hassles of Hybrid engine issues (ISG recalls, Long term reliability of the Li-Ion battery)
8. Thin body panels. Door panels flex easily in the finger tip test.
9. Seating position, and over all appearance is like a Hatchback

It has his strengths though, like good ride quality, and value-for-money features.
However, for me, the negatives far out-weighed the small positives.
For me, it simply did not feel desirable enough, and I just could not connect with vehicle.

P.S. Absolutely no offence to anyone. The views above are my own, and it is not intended to offend anyone.
abhishek46 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 20:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post

I found Kicks to be overall better package than Duster. Better safety equipment, better NVH, better steering, better looks and better interiors
Kicks is a good car. I really hope it sells more. This is what a Kicks owner has to say in a car enthusiasts' group in Nepal. For those interested and willing to contribute, you may please join this group.

https://*******************/J3sdJMD2DmS3dWCWlyHe1r
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Creta waiting period increases to 8 months!-20211018_210115.jpg  

amitjha086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 17:14   #21
BHPian

Yesterday went to Hyundai showroom to inquire on Creta AT waiting period and SA gave a shock saying Hyundai has stopped production of ALL AT cars due to ongoing chip shortage. The expected waiting period is 6 months and by that time new Creta would be released.
Old 1st April 2022, 23:16   #22
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Yesterday went to Hyundai showroom to inquire on Creta AT waiting period and SA gave a shock saying Hyundai has stopped production of ALL AT cars due to ongoing chip shortage. The expected waiting period is 6 months and by that time new Creta would be released.
There seems to be another way to get a faster allocation. I have confirmed this through multiple dealers that if one makes full payment upfront, they are promising to deliver the Creta within a month or even less time. Obviously, they won't make any written commitments, you have to take the bank loan through them, and start making EMI payments even before laying hands on your new ride
Old 2nd April 2022, 06:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
There seems to be another way to get a faster allocation. I have confirmed this through multiple dealers that if one makes full payment upfront, they are promising to deliver the Creta within a month or even less time. Obviously, they won't make any written commitments, you have to take the bank loan through them, and start making EMI payments even before laying hands on your new ride
I have made this statement earlier based on my own experience, when the Creta was in even greater demand- Those who can shell out the money upfront will get the car earlier.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 22:41   #24
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I have made this statement earlier based on my own experience, when the Creta was in even greater demand- Those who can shell out the money upfront will get the car earlier.
If I were in this situation, I would have paid the money upfront but not before getting a month of anxiety and sleeping pills from a doc
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
If I were in this situation, I would have paid the money upfront but not before getting a month of anxiety and sleeping pills from a doc
Agree, but I also believe no car is worth waiting for over 2-3 months except under peculiar individual circumstances. The average ownership age of the car is now about 4-5 years in most categories, and with non-ICE technology set to dominate in the next few years, one could make do with what they have at hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks