Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2021, 15:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta waiting period increases to 8 months!

If you're planning to book a Hyundai Creta this festive season, you might have to wait for up to 8 months for the delivery.

Hyundai Creta waiting period increases to 8 months!-0.jpg

According to an e-mail communication between a Hyundai dealership and a customer, the waiting period for the Creta SX (O) Diesel AT variant is expected to increase by 5-6 months due to supply chain issues caused by the ongoing chip shortage. The revised waiting period for this variant is now 7-8 months.

According to Hyundai, the SX and SX (O) are among the highest-selling variants of the Creta, while diesel variants constitute over 60% of the total Creta sales.

The second-generation Creta comes with three engine options. These include a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 113 BHP and 144 Nm, a 1.4-litre, turbo petrol that makes 138 BHP and 242 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm.

The petrol engines are available with 6-speed manual, 7-speed DCT and a CVT, while the diesel engine comes with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th October 2021 at 15:10.
TusharK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 15:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta waiting period increases to 8 months!

I was told by a local dealer in Hyderabad that Hyundai has stopped taking bookings for Creta due to supply constraints it seems.

We are also looking for the Creta SX(O) D AT but the insane waiting period is making me consider other options now.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 15:25   #3
BHPian

Looking at the current scenario, I don't think there is any vehicle available with out the wait period. I really wonder how is it possible to wait for such a long time once you have decided to purchase the vehicle. Do we have an option?
chethan.ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 16:29   #4
BHPian

The problem is there is simply no alternative at this segment. Duster production is stopped. I have booked Kicks but have absolutely no idea about its availability even though the dealership mentioned 2 weeks for turbo AT variant. Seltos and Creta have waiting periods running into months.
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 16:39   #5
BHPian

This is happening all over the boards among most brands. Even the big luxury brands aren't taking any orders for CBU's. The existing CKD kits are all they have and once they run out, and when asked they don't know when the new lots will come in.
Old 17th October 2021, 13:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any reasons on why S-cross is not considered an alternative to Creta/Seltos by many? IMHO, S-Cross Zeta is worth spending Rs.11-12L.
Old 17th October 2021, 14:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
The problem is there is simply no alternative at this segment. Duster production is stopped. I have booked Kicks but have absolutely no idea about its availability even though the dealership mentioned 2 weeks for turbo AT variant. Seltos and Creta have waiting periods running into months.
My SA had been very transparent and helpful when I had booked my SX. I can text you his number if your interested in the same.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 14:49   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Any reasons on why S-cross is not considered an alternative to Creta/Seltos by many? IMHO, S-Cross Zeta is worth spending Rs.11-12L.
I can list few reasons why s-cross isn't considered as alternative by most of the people shopping in 12-20 lakhs price bracket -
1) Lack of aspirational features - sunroof, electrically operated and ventilated seats, good quality ICE, connectivity options, air purifier (We bhpians may bash Hyundai Kia for giving features over safety but the market doesn't care )
2) Cheap quality interiors - compare any Maruti Suzuki interior with any Hyundai and you would understand what I am saying. Cabin ambience matters a lot at this price point.
3) No SUV look - S cross looks like a overgrown hatchback while mass market wants SUV look.
4) No diesel engine and no proper automatic transmission - decades old 4 speed auto transmission will not attract millennial buyers.
Even at 11 - 12 lakhs on the road price budget, there are many cars way better than S-Cross.
Akshay6988 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 17:47   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
If you're planning to book a Hyundai Creta this festive season, you might have to wait for up to 8 months for the delivery.

Attachment 2219840

According to an e-mail communication between a Hyundai dealership and a customer, the waiting period for the Creta SX (O) Diesel AT variant is expected to increase by 5-6 months due to supply chain issues caused by the ongoing chip shortage. The revised waiting period for this variant is now 7-8 months.

According to Hyundai, the SX and SX (O) are among the highest-selling variants of the Creta, while diesel variants constitute over 60% of the total Creta sales.

The second-generation Creta comes with three engine options. These include a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 113 BHP and 144 Nm, a 1.4-litre, turbo petrol that makes 138 BHP and 242 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel engine that puts out 113 BHP and 250 Nm.

The petrol engines are available with 6-speed manual, 7-speed DCT and a CVT, while the diesel engine comes with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News
I have not been able to understand this business. I was looking to buy new car few months back. Visited the Hyundai showroom. Creta was on 6 months waiting. Dealer kept pushing me to book Alcazar instead with promise of instant delivery. It turns out Alcazar is a slow seller. The basement of my office building is used by Hyundai dealer as a stockyard has loads of Alcazar Parked for extended period.
When the waiting is supposed to be due to chip shortage and both Creta and Alcazar share the same mechanicals how come Creta has 8 months waiting and Alcazar is available on the tap.
4by4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 17:56   #10
BHPian

I'm lucky, I got a Alcazar Diesel MT (mid model with the bench) off the shelf as the dealer had it lying in his yard, but the wait periods advertised for most Hyundai models are all upwards of 8 to 12 weeks with the Creta coming in at 24 weeks+ for most variants.
driven646 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 21:53   #11
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree. There is no real challenge here to the Korean duo. The only car capable to match the street presence and exceed the performace capabilities of the Creta/Seltos was the Duster but it's sad to see it's demise. I wonder what stopped Renault from updating the Duster when they already launched the Captur. By the way, why didn't you choose Duster over Kicks? Was is due to the fact that Duster production stops in Oct and Kicks will continue or is it the interiors and features. I am in the same boat here finding difficult to zero in on one car.
Old 17th October 2021, 22:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
IMHO Maruti never backed the Scross facelift/Brezza twins the way they should have. The Scross ddis actually used to do around 4K cars with the humble 90 BHP MJD. Imagine how much better would 1.5 D would have done along with the 1.5 Petrol today.

As a result, Creta/seltos has become the swift of yesteryear. It's the default safe choice for the average Joe. Now this Joe has no clue about safety concerns and is not really concerned about the lack of vfm, dct issues, braking issues etc.

I predict that this will continue until Tata or Mahindra targets the 4+ metre segment or Maruti brings the 1.5 d back.
vishnurp99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 07:26   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
By the way, why didn't you choose Duster over Kicks? Was is due to the fact that Duster production stops in Oct and Kicks will continue or is it the interiors and features. I am in the same boat here finding difficult to zero in on one car.
I found Kicks to be overall better package than Duster. Better safety equipment, better NVH, better steering, better looks and better interiors
arunramaswamy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 07:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:

I found Kicks to be overall better package than Duster. Better safety equipment, better NVH, better steering, better looks and better interiors
+1 to that. I'll be settling for a Turbo Manual XV Premium (O) Monotone variant. What is the ON-Road pricing of the Kicks, there at Chennai? Did they offer any discounts and your choice of variant, please.

My experience with the Duster and the Kicks in comparison to a Kushaq,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Sure, would love to hear again. Yesterday, I drove the Renault Duster in the morning and the Nissan Kicks in the late night. Both were turbo petrol versions. The AC performance of both the cars were good, almost on par with the Civic but it's also a rainy day. What sets them apart from the Kushaq is the cabin width.

While, the cabin of the Kushaq felt longer, the cabin of the Kicks is wider! It definitely eliminated the sense of crampedness, I felt in the Kushaq. I witnessed all the windows of the Kicks fogging up when the AC was set to Low, within few minutes after starting the car. I fell in love with the Kicks, it reflected minimalism. Handled well, the steering just speaks like the Civic, was able to hold 120 KMH in the sweeping corners of highways, masked the pathetic broken tarmac very well, NVH levels were good, offered a broad sense of space albeit the dull interiors and some ergonomic flaws like cramped foot well, fouling armrest and the tall seating position!

The Duster may seem more VFM yet it's terrible inside. Steel flats for fastening the seat base and door sheet metals were all exposed! The doors too felt skinny! Ruled out.

Would insist you to TD the Kicks as well. It may not surpass the Kushaq in the electronic features, cosmetics, creature comforts and European finesse, but, it satiates your need.

Last edited by eccentric : 18th October 2021 at 07:47.
eccentric is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 07:53   #15
BHPian

Anyone looking at a creta SX variant should look towards getting a lower model compass instead. Unless you really need that sunroof, that is.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks