Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2004, 19:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (manticore @ Mar. 25 2004,16:38)]HM's carrying out the same job they did for the last 50 years......changing the grilles. now they have totally ruined the amby......and they are doing the same thing with the lancer too. hope mitsu inc, japan doesnt have to close down 'coz of HM......hehe.
Mtsu would have sold each lancer kit to HM and got the money in the bank. volumes hardly anything to bankrupt it
Old 26th March 2004, 18:24   #17
BHPian

ajmat, i was just kidding. just meant to say that HM is so bad with its strategies and policies.
Old 27th March 2004, 01:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

I was just thinking about the Conti.... all the mods that you guys suggested (thanks V12) and a V8... 5.7L General Motors - who wouldn't wanna see such a car spinning its wheels and powersliding!
Indian muscle car. Now if only I could arrange the finance.....
Old 30th March 2004, 18:17   #19

the scorpiuo needs a rear suspension change to make it a perfect package and the stepney must be mounted on the tailgate,as for safari headlights needs to be changed,indica,santroand accent need smart looking grilles,ikon nxt sxi looks good but needs better alloys and leather upholstery,new zen looks shit,esteem needs to be discountinued and replaced by some good car,all of the maruti cars need better gearing,palio diesel needs turbo or crdi,indica dls needs a heater,............................
Old 30th March 2004, 23:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

On the cars mentioned for a design change:

The Qualis does need a look . The quality of the car may be good but it certainly needs new looks for its other virtues. I saw the Kijang in Kula Lumpur and its a great looker. I feel Toyota should get it in soon to compete with the Chevy Tavera.

About the Contessa, I just love it. The amount of fun we've had in Adityas Conti is something else. Infact we had gone to buy it together. The looks should remain the same with some fine touches which phead mentioned and better rubber with delicious alloys to match. I'd love to see the Conti with a V8.

Safari is a goner right now and like GTO said a petrol engine and goods ads wont save it. They need a better engine atleast a 2.5 turbo to stay in the picture but I fell it should be replaced with something better and TATA please iron out the niggling problems..

The new Zen is horrible and I'm glad I own the earlier model . It still looks pretty modern inspite of competition. The 800 cannot be replaced cause its not possible to build a car at so low production costs anywhere in the world.

Hyundai no comments

Cheers
Old 30th March 2004, 23:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

you know what else needs a design change? the 'refreshingly new' Indica V2. i guess they tried to copy the Focus big time. but they failed miserably. the grill is all wrong. the tacky flared fenders was sad and the gap in the arch is glaring because they obviously haven't given it bigger tyres. the rear lights look too out of place and very economised. looks straight out of those toy indica cars. ahh well. i really respect Dr. Sumantran, he is an absolute car buff, but i just dont see any reason to whats happening.
Old 31st March 2004, 18:56   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] i guess they tried to copy the Focus big time
LOL, thats done me for the day

GTO
Old 31st March 2004, 19:02   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ya even the Indica needs a major facelift. i'm fed up of the smiling grille. now how abt a "frowning"/"angry" grille
Old 31st March 2004, 19:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

The most hidious thing bout the new Indica is those wheel arches. The tyres look hidden inside and look even more skinny. Such wheel arches look only good if your tyres come out a bit with a good set of alloys

Cheers
Old 31st March 2004, 19:42   #25
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ur right dippy. the wheels shud be inline with the wheelarches. Even the Lancer has the same problem.
Old 31st March 2004, 21:43   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

And to further the Lancers problem, Metro Motors (Mitsubishis company owned and flagship Bombay dealer) has modded this Lancer for an additional 3.5 lacs. The wheel archs protrude atleast 4 inches out of the alloy wheels. Plain ugly.

Maybe they should just hire car guys in such departments

GTO
Old 31st March 2004, 22:35   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well put GTO, the Baleno could do with a facelift. And dippy and p-head, spot-on. The new Indica needs wider tyres now to fill those arches. How about 205/15s in the front and 225s at the rear just to fill em....

Revv
Old 1st April 2004, 00:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Yeah and the frowning grille

Cheers
Old 1st April 2004, 09:14   #29
BHPian

Most often when i see a Qualis i remember my old days when i used to make car out of Cig packs and coke bottle caps !!!
Old 1st April 2004, 09:18   #30
BHPian

Amby they should have made the engine powerful and should have updated the interiors . All these days they have been doing the same car and with same Quality . With 200% local parts they would have given a better car like M800 in the small car segment . Anyway that is the way Birla Group handles their business . Just few years back they sold out their Heavy Erath Moving Business to its partner CATERPILLAR.

Contessa , as said in the earlier messages would have been upgraded with a powerful engine abd could have become a Cult car.

Lancer is selling on its own but if it fails it will be due to HM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks