Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 14:58   #46
BHPian

In my opinion they need to re-design the Swift. Reason: Its a very popular car. By upgrading/ face lifting the exteriors a bit, it will do even better in the market. Look at the Honda City. That's a good example who made the better the best!
Old 5th February 2010, 15:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
In my opinion they need to re-design the Swift.
If swift is re-designed then i am sure it will be a major flop for MSIL!!!. Initially swift doesn't have a good growth with its desgin (it was called the frog model), but after a quite time, people saw it a successful model because of the engine!!! and swift was successful because of the rally type G13 engine, for its swift response, let see how successful with its newly kid K12 motor. HONDA is always HONDA, they dont compromise with its quality of engine so they changed the outter, but for swift Engine is the KEY that too the new Engine K12 motor is a key. Once if K12 is really a successful Boy then they might change the outter i believe
Old 5th February 2010, 15:38   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
Well.. i think the following cars need totally new design than putting some chrome grille and crystal clear headlights and relaunching them..
1:Tata Safari- Still continues with minimal changes
2:Ford Ikon- Still continues with minimal changes
3:Maruti 800- Still continues with minimal changes
4:Tata Sumo- Still continues with minimal changes
5:Maruti Esteem (Liana might replace it) - DISCONTINUED and replaced.
6:Mahindra Bolero (new Bolero expected by 2005..as told by my DAD)- Still continues with minimal changes
7:Hindustan Contessa- DISCONTINUED.

Wat are u r views guyz
Stratos posted this on 24th March 2004, the first post on this old thread!

After almost 6 years, we have 5/7 products in almost the same way, and only 2/7 have been replaced! And these products were considered old then also!
Old 5th February 2010, 15:55   #49
BHPian

Safari still is a looker. Ikon is not bad. If we compare with Indigo,Dzire, Accent,Logan etc,. in the same range, Ikon is better in looks.
Old 5th February 2010, 18:16   #50
Senior - BHPian

Aveo UVA desperately needs a makeover.
Old 5th February 2010, 19:26   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Manza needs better exteriors - at least the rear

The Logan needs a desperate m/o

The Aveo needs 15" wheels;14" look too small

The Gypsy needs some more style
Old 5th February 2010, 23:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

for me Dzire, Manza and U-VA.
MSIL can also get some better shape for Wagon-R as well!
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:28   #53
BHPian

Re: Cars that need Design Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

There is this chap in Pune, Dilip Desai, who was the only person to give nightmares to the Gypsys on the Indian rallying scene. Overdrive had done a feature on him and his muscled Contessa. If any of you are really interested, I have that magazine in my collection, and you can have it for a read.

GTO
Hi GTO,

Came across your post while browsing through the forum. I would love to have a read of this article (if you still have the issue on you). Is it possible to scan it across or upload it to the TBhp page??

Would appreciate it a lot as I have always been curious about this gentleman's conti and the mods which were carried out .
Old 11th July 2012, 16:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cars that need Design Change

In the present days-

Ritz: This one will atleast sell 50% if its back ache is cured. Marutis may call it a boomerang design but really ask many of our people, they absolutely hate it. (but please dont change that front mature look even though it is this side that may get the scissors)

A Star: Know this is not for the family types, hence that non existant back space and even smaller rear door windows, but if some thing can be done about it would sell much more

Vista: Please give this one a unique character, it deserves one. The front is a Manza pick and the back is just a smoothened out Indica (V2).

Santro: This sprightly all rounder of a city car has lived its life in the Zing avataar. With some large scale mod jobs in front and rear, it can get another lease of life. Afterall its great in other respects (space and power)

Spark: Though a very close copy to its older sibling Matiz, this one is not moving copies even with a good entry level package. With some design infusion, it can turn the table

Fiesta: Talking about the classic. With the new one a declared dud, this can be remodelled to give a good car some more ammo to pull along, till they find another winner

Grande: This sumo though different in character from its namesake has not found many homes. Even after many versions (read Mark 2 etc), there can be some significant changes in looks which might revive it finally

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks