Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2023, 18:26   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Showroom salesmen not aware of car's features!

Have you checked this thread

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-advisors.html (Recent Trend = Increasing ignorance & limited knowledge of Sales Advisors)
Old 22nd April 2023, 19:30   #77
BHPian

Re: Showroom salesmen not aware of car's features!

I had not come across this thread. Apologies. I will post the same on the original thread. Mods, request you to please delete this thread. Apologies for the mistake.
Old 22nd April 2023, 19:31   #78
BHPian

Re: Recent Trend = Increasing ignorance & limited knowledge of Sales Advisors

Recently, my friend and (yet to be approved) BHpian hondasamarth were calling few company showrooms to enquire about cars in the 7 seater segment. I have listed below about how each company were updated about their car.

1) Tata Safari - The salesman was very updated, and answered with sureity to every question asked. Extremely polite and was quite well informed. He was proud and excited when my friend praised the sumo used by his parents.

2) Maruti Suzuki Ertiga - The salesman spoke politely but did not know about the basic features of the Ertiga! My friend asked him if it had LED headlamps, and he was unsure about it. He promised a callback within 5 min, but inspite of waiting, no one called.After us calling once more, the same person did not even know who we were . Feel that maruti suzuki needs to keep their employees informed.

3) Mahindra XUV700 : They took a while to respond, promising a callback but again, it never came. After repeatedly calling, they finally assigned an official who was well informed and knew all facts. Appreciate his patience and willingness to sell the car. Very polite and informed but could have connected little earlier.

4) Kia Carens - Very quick and informed sales officials. Answered all queries pertaining to the carens.

5) Hyundai Alcazar - Very friendly sales staff, was informed well but made a mistake when he said that the alcazar has a 4.9 Gncap rating . Overall, happy with the way he spoke.

Overall of all the brands we called, we both were particularly impressed with the way Tata Motors sales team handled the call.
Old 22nd April 2023, 19:39   #79
BHPian

Re: Recent Trend = Increasing ignorance & limited knowledge of Sales Advisors

Have seen this indifference/"incompetence" amongst real estate market too.

Sales executives having NO clue about the products used in construction of the flats, elevation of the area where the apartments are built, loftily claiming availability of only certain units etc.

All this happens because sales is deliberately delegated to a person who holds nothing to lose financially, by making false commitments off the cuff. Easier for the dealer/company to wash off their hands.

Its actually maliciously designed that they act incompetent. These same people will be extremely articulate to elucidate how they want us to give them good reviews for the post sale/ post service performance review, or that we've decided to settle for their rubbish "resolution" of their serious dereliction of duty in servicing the car.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 22nd April 2023 at 19:41.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed