Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If in the market for a hatch, would you buy the Palio Stile 1.1?
Yes 12 23.53%
No 39 76.47%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 23:01   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
So the Stile 1.1 passes on the benefits of this excise cut onto such customers. Pray tell me, whats wrong with that ?
but other than the excise cut what? all thats being discussed ? And why is it not selling ?

Quote:
Fact of the matter is that it is the 1.6 which always was the real Palio.
So which is the real ikon , 1.6 or 1.3 ? The real Aveo ? 1.4 or 1.6 ? the real fiesta ? 1.4 or 1.6 ? the real NHC 1.5 or the 1.5 VTEc ?

Old 24th May 2007, 23:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quoting Roms from another thread : -

Quote:
I too believe that driveability wise Santro and Xeta are better than Palio 1.2 NV.I owned one so I know.Infact the Palio 1.2 does feel irritating to drive at times in traffic with a/c on.
No this is not a Palio thread, its a Swift thread i think and Fiat owners do have to get their cars in other cars threads (joking now dont pounce on me)

So which is the real ikon , 1.6 or 1.3 ? The real Aveo ? 1.4 or 1.6 ? the real fiesta ? 1.4 or 1.6 ? None its the 1.4 TDCI the real NHC 1.5 or the 1.5 VTEc ?
Old 24th May 2007, 23:08   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
So which is the real ikon , 1.6 or 1.3 ? The real Aveo ? 1.4 or 1.6 ? the real fiesta ? 1.4 or 1.6 ? the real NHC 1.5 or the 1.5 VTEc ?
The real safari -- 1.9TCIC or the 3.0L Dicor. or the furure 2.2

Godfather
Old 24th May 2007, 23:12   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fact of the matter is that it is the 1.6 which always was the real Palio
. just realised we are talking about the UNREAL palio here. Should I rename the thread - The "NAKLI" Palio Stile 1.1 - Why ?
Old 24th May 2007, 23:13   #185
Senior - BHPian

Just One thing to say.
"If you are standing too close to wall you will never be able to see the whole writing" and you will never understand things properly.

I will never say that Stile1.1 is the best thing at that price (though the 1.6 is) but you cant just pull out some sheet from some report and say "this is the fact". Just one suggestion to whoever started this thread(sorry i forgot the name after going through all these pages). Compare the Stile with all cars that you can get below the 4L price mark. And when you do this compare a Palio with Power steering and power windows with another car which gives you the same features. I'm sure you'll have a clear idea of WHY YOU SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT BUY ANY CAR!!!

As i am busy with work for few weeks i am unable to do this for you. In the first place some of your FACTS are Wrong. And remember that you cant compare a higher version of the Stile 1.1 with a lower version of the Xeta and say that Palio is the Costliest. I suggest you do your homework well. You could refer Used Cars, New Cars, Buy Car, Sell Car, New Car Pricing, Used Car Values, Automobiles, Car loan, Used cars for sale, used car - CarWale.com India where you can have suh a comparison in a much easy way (Hope its ok to put this link. No intention to promote another site)

IN the meanwhile there are people who like MUL products and there are people who like FIAT products and there are people who like any other brand/company. If it was not so there would not be space for any of these companies. There is no point trying to critisise another persons liking. If someone likes a FIAT he has all the right to say that FIAT is good and if someone likes some other Tom, Di or Harry he also has all the right to say that!!

Would be out of town for few week and might not be able to come online. You guys take care and Enjoy the Drives.

Last edited by gemithomas : 24th May 2007 at 23:14.
Old 24th May 2007, 23:31   #186
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Gemi, these days with so many cars coming with so many variants its difficult to compare them just on a few parameters like power steering and power windows. However, instead of using some 3rd party website to compare the features I have made it easier for you. If you notice ALL the companies have come up with some sort of cost cutting including the stile.

Zen - Estilo
Indica V2 Xeta - Features
Fiat India : Showroom - Palio Stile
Welcome to Hyundai Motor :: Hyundai Santro
Chevrolet Spark

Quote:
In the first place some of your FACTS are Wrong.
Would you care to elaborate which ones?
Old 25th May 2007, 00:11   #187
Senior - BHPian

WOW! We all sure have time to kill - 14 pages in a day on a car that doesnt warrant a single post !!!! I'm gonna set a filter for the word 'FIAT' and ignore any thread that comes with that four-letter word.

But wait - that way I'll probably not see the forum at all !!!!

Maybe thats the solution, and perhaps I'll get more work done.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:12   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Isnt a Palio a Petra without a boot or is it the other way round?
So you want to say Petra is a better car than the Optra.

Quote:
Why not set the trend, like Hyundai did, FYI Hyundai had the Accent/Elantra that time, Skoda had the Octavia 1.9TDi. And if you cant get the technology its fine, why ridicule manufacturers like Mercedes by saying it faces problems?
Before swift diesel there was not even a single company which set your so called "trend". Infact when FIAT palio was launched it was one of the better engine car combo around in its class.

Quote:
Just check the UK Site, it has ABS/Airbags, has new interiors MKIV, if we get this in India, this thread would not exsist in the first place.
Almost all cars that are sold abroad when sold here are downgraded. Atleast Palio has the same 1.6 dohc engine as sold elsewhere. Why dont you start a thread criticizing swift too while you are at it.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:24   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you want to say Petra is a better car than the Optra.
Certainly, not better then a Optra but even better then a Mercedes S Class, faster then a Ferrari, better handling then a Lotus Elise, giving more FE then a Bluetec Mercedes E320 et all, happy now your car company is better then mine.

Quote:
Before swift diesel there was not even a single company which set your so called "trend". Infact when FIAT palio was launched it was one of the better engine car combo around in its class.
Hyundai set the trend with the Accent CRDi for sure. Check your facts. MUL has set the trend with the Swift D.

Quote:
Almost all cars that are sold abroad when sold here are downgraded. Atleast Palio has the same 1.6 dohc engine as sold elsewhere. Why dont you start a thread criticizing swift too while you are at it.
Swift only doesnot have the engine butttt has ABS/Airbags, climate control, same interiors as abroad. Yes, i have criticized MUL for not giving the VVT, but they are getting the M15A after all, and the Indian Swift comes with 75bhp wheras abroad it comes with 69bhp.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:31   #190
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Before swift diesel there was not even a single company which set your so called "trend".
You are wrong my friend. Remember accents came out with the Crdi? Then the elantra? It was hyundai who paved the way to get Crdi to the common man in India.
Old 25th May 2007, 00:38   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You are wrong my friend. Remember accents came out with the Crdi? Then the elantra? It was hyundai who paved the way to get Crdi to the common man in India.

mahindra was the first with the Scorpio CRDi..

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 00:39   #192
Senior - BHPian

mahindra too...crde,developed inhouse with bosch

Damn.

Last edited by binz : 25th May 2007 at 00:41. Reason: Truck Driver posted before me
Old 25th May 2007, 01:24   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last edited by binz : 25th May 2007 at 00:41. Reason: Truck Driver posted before me
Maybe the truck driver was contemplating buying one before deciding to buy the killer.
Old 25th May 2007, 02:44   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting Roms from another thread : -

No this is not a Palio thread, its a Swift thread i think and Fiat owners do have to get their cars in other cars threads (joking now dont pounce on me)
Thats a good one.Arre yaar, atleast I was'nt promoting the car on that thread .And about people getting their cars in others threads, people randomly get in their respective San Storms, Chinkaras and Revas in almost every other thread.(Check on a few posts right above this one ).

Frankly this whole thread was a major waste of energies.Facts are facts,Palio 1.1 Stile does not deserve to sell and it wont.Its the wrong engine in a wrong car.And the figures prove that.It does'nt even look half as good as the Mark II.They have also done away with the anti-roll stabilizer bar in the 1.1 Stile,as a cost cutting measure of course.That will definitely affect its high speed stability and handling.The 1.6 version continues to have it.If the FE reports of the mags are to be believed, I dont see the point in the 1.1 engined car at all.The FIRE engine by itself might be good,but its certainly makes the Palio 1.1 a wimp.

FIAT should have done away with both- 1.2 and 1.6 petrol engines.Instead,they should have plonked in the FIRE 1.4 16 valve 80 HP engine and later should have followed up with the Multijet..They could have reserved the 1.6 for the high end offerings which are due next year.Would have certainly made more business sense that way,would'nt it?

Anyways,FIAT,if you are listening,please go back to Italy.That should lead to some more sanity on team-bhp.But before that, please pass on the technology to TATA or Suzuki or GM or whoever,and give us the GP,Linea and if I'm not getting greedy,the Bravo as well.And some fantastic T-Jets and M-Jets as well.I think that should suffice for the next decade or so.

Last edited by roms : 25th May 2007 at 02:46.
Old 25th May 2007, 02:47   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Maybe the truck driver was contemplating buying one before deciding to buy the killer.
Never.. I hate that vehicle..did a TD though.. some of the worst moments of my life.. I think i cried that day.. what a waste of Metal and Turbos.

PS-- @ roms.. I like your avtaar.. Hilarious and suicidal at a thread like this

Godfather

Last edited by Godfather : 25th May 2007 at 02:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks