Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If in the market for a hatch, would you buy the Palio Stile 1.1?
Yes 12 23.53%
No 39 76.47%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 14:03   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme torque
Well I dunno why owners of "japanese" cars start a thread like this, why do we have to single out Palio for god sake.
By the looks of it seems you are equally biased. Saying "owners of japanese cars". Do you mean to say "owners of italian cars" dont have the right to post their views about jap cars? Or non-fiat owners should not mention the word FIAT? Or post any criticism?

Quote:
People say that FIAT should discontinue the A178 platform, but have hyundai done it with the santro, has maruti done it with the wagon r and the alto which are even older platforms... why do we have to criticize just for the sake of it.
If you notice the other cars seem to be selling quite well. Infact very well, while the palio is not. No one would want to stop manufacturing something that is selling well. Not even you if you were heading such a company. I am surprised that MUL infact did phase out the good old zen & baleno.

Quote:
The fact is all the manufacturers are the same, singling out one smacks of pure bias.
Why dont you "italian car owners" start a thread bashing (so you think of this thread too) the santro & wagonr. We will be glad to post our views and unbiased at that. Maybe even take things with a pinch of salt unlike...

Quote:
The day the 1.3 MJD makes an entry into the Palio engine bay, i would see the same poeple praising the car like no other.
Yes, given that it would be VFM if FIAT gets the pricing right, good performance, diesel backed up by Tata service. Just like we love the 1.6GTX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell rider
But then so is the Palio 1.6, which will just beat the living s**t out of the Swift. So why is that conveniently ignored.
Yes, the GTX is capable of all that. And we all agree thats its a wonderful package. No one is ignoring it. Maybe you ought to do a research on a few older threads and see its popularity.

Quote:
So now when this point is made, the rejoinder is that the Swift is still powerful.
Do lurk around other threads too where we are cursing maruti for this injustice. Infact, almost every thread mentioning the SX4 comes with why didnt they launch it with VVT? Maybe you just haven't had the time to read other threads. Or maybe you guys read threads which only have a mention of FIAT in them.

Though I owned a zen and a baleno, my all time favourite cars are the OHC Vtec and the Elantra Crdi. And I respect them dearly for what these products are. And praise or critisize the above mentioned cars or take reviews with a pinch of salt. A few of the ardent FIAT fans make it sound like FIAT is the beginning and FIAT is the end. And you guys have never driven anything but a FIAT all your lives. Nor can take any review with a pinch of salt even if its backed by logic or facts. Or according to you everything Anti-Fiat is all but blabber.

Most of you are beginning to sound like "I would surely pray a premium for the Honda Logo alone" even if it means I dont get features on par with the competitive cars. "Fiat deserves a premium even if they dont get their act together". Yes, you see me talking against a Jap maker. And that too a honda and a suzi. Its not hard to give credit where its due and accept the cons with a pinch of salt. Rather than beating about the bush saying what other manufacturers are doing. If yes, why doesn't Fiat change the trend just like MUL is beginning to with the launch of the SX4?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 24th May 2007 at 14:11.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
And here comes another thread cursing Palioooooo.... See how much famous this car has become....

Well, I have seen enough posts on this very thread cribbing about Palio 1.1's performance as compared with few other cars.. ALL DEPENDING ON THE ACI report..

Now first thing first.. ACI has compared cars like Santro, Palio and Spark and blah blah blah... The thread starter started all flaring job all yet again.... Now my question is, does this make sense to compare Spark, Santro and Palio?? then why did this very talented ACI not included Getz as well??

If we compare performance of Getz 1.1 and Palio 1.1, both these cars are equally bad in that... just because your pulling a ton tank with such a under powered engine... FIAT anf Hyundai both did it just for the sake of "Excise cut"... but then nobody cribbed about Getz 1.1 prime here... Is it that whtever Hyudai, Maruti does is always right?? What it should all about FIAT always?? Personally even I did not like Stile 1.1 performance but then if you look for similar efforts by Hyundai then you will feel it must be a need of the market...

Thread starter could you please drive both Getz prime and Palio stile once and then compare performace... then we are talking business...
Even though I am not a moderator, I would like to warn you that your post is rational and unbiased, and as such, has no place on this thread. Your technically sound engine comparisions are equally out of place.

You therefore, now, are officially being labelled as a YAFZ (Yet another FIAT zealot - pronounced YafZee)
Old 24th May 2007, 14:04   #78
BANNED

Quote:
The answer to "WHY" is just to get the "Excise cut" nothing elseeeeeeeeeee
The WHY means: WHY BUY?
Old 24th May 2007, 14:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hell rider yaar ye national pride kahan se aa gaya?

See the difference between you (the Fiat car owners) and "japanese" car owners (as ET put it) is that the latter are complaining about the Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 L, but you are for some reason taking as an insult to all Palio/Fiat owners.

Now someone said if it was Maruti Palio Stile 1.1 L, it would have sold like hot cakes and no one would have criticised it. Well thats completely wrong. Did you see the fate of Maruti Versa? Almost everyone was unanimous in criticising it.And it showed in sales figures. And then criticism of SX4 for not putting the VVT engine. Its not as if any car comes from your favourite car manufacturer's stable you blindly appreciate it. No. Atleast i am not like that. Dont know about others.
And Swift succeeded inspite of being a downgraded engine was because @ 5 lacs it offered something which was never offered in a small car, ultra modern looks, auto climate a/c, abs, airbags coupled with nice performance and FE and what not!

Last edited by DCEite : 24th May 2007 at 14:10.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:10   #80
Senior - BHPian

Lol... ok about "why" buy...... hmmmm could because of the following:

1. Space
2. Build quality
3. new design and looks
4. Better fuel economy
5. Value for Money

Should not buy because of:

1. Performance
2. Poor resale

Last edited by neoonwheels : 24th May 2007 at 14:13.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:14   #81
BHPian

Hi,

Maruit 800 is damn sweet car. The eninge is too good and goes to 110 kmph w/o any hassles.. best VFM with good mileage.

Senthil
Old 24th May 2007, 14:16   #82
Senior - BHPian

Someone mentioned about comparing a Palio Stile 1.1 and a Getz Prime 1.1. Good lets see which sells more. Any one bother to put up sales report, 0-100 report, braking distances, in gear timings, LWB of both cars et all. I know it will be a tough fight .

And I have sat in both the cars - The Getz has interiors that are far better than the same old ones in the Palio. And the Getz has A.S.S thats light years ahead of FIAT's A.S.S. or is it TATA's A.S.S now ?

Still the Getz doesn't sell - how will the Palio sell ?
Old 24th May 2007, 14:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yaar ye national pride kahan se aa gaya?
precisely my point. back up to page 2 or 3 and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite
See the difference between you (the Fiat car owners) and "japanese" car owners (as ET put it) is that the latter are complaining about the Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 L, but you are for some reason taking as an insult to all Palio/Fiat owners.
Actually I am not a FIAT owner.
I am not taking it as an insult to all FIAT owners. Please see my relevant post and the point I have referenced in page 2/3.

Quote:
Now someone said if it was Maruti Palio Stile 1.1 L, it would have sold like hot cakes and no one would have criticised it. Well thats completely wrong. Did you see the fate of Maruti Versa? Almost everyone was unanimous in criticising it. And then criticism of SX4 for not putting the VVT engine. And it showed in sales figures. Its not as if any car comes from your favourite car manufacturer's stable you blindly appreciate it. No. Atleast i am not like that. Dont know about others.
Neither am I like that.
I am willing to bet a fair amount that if it had indeed been a Maruti Stile, it would have definitely sold better. I won't go as far as to say that it would have sold like hot cakes. But definitely better than now, yes. At the bare minimum people wouldn't complaining or questioning the rationale behind its existence.

Quote:
And Swift succeeded inspite of being a downgraded engine was because @ 5 lacs it offered something which was never offered in a small car, ultra modern looks, auto climate a/c, abs, airbags coupled with nice performance and FE and what not!
I respect your opinion. But I am also inclined to believe that the Swift continues to sell on the back of aggressive and savvy marketing. I mean even look at the diesel Swift. MUL is laughing all the way to the bank, selling a car, whose engine they are sourcing from a rival. Hats off to MUL marketing. Brilliantly misleading (IMO) and repetetive advertising does have its benefits, I guess.

FWIW, at the time the Palio was launched, it too offered a package almost none offered in a small car. Times have moved on, and the Palio is no longer cutting-edge, but then to be fair to FIAT, it does reflect in the sticker price as well. Its not like they are commanding a premium, are they ???
Old 24th May 2007, 14:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

Right.... Now the million dollar question is.... "Why Getz did not sale" specially after you narrowed down so many good things about it... FIAT has big time failed in their management and marketing.. I see "Rupa frontline underwear" Ad more than I see Palio stile 1.1 ad....

People still are unaware of FIAT and their presence in India.. FIAT you need to bring Punto and Linea as fastttttttttttttt as you can...
Old 24th May 2007, 14:22   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Lol... ok about "why" buy...... hmmmm could because of the following:
A quick look into it.

WHY BUY?
1. Space (Better/equal options exist)
2. Build quality (I don't want to comment on that! Do you mean heaviness?)
3. new design and looks (Agree, but it doesn't appeal to many and what about the interior design??)
4. Better fuel economy (You need to read the first post of this thread repeatedly!)

1. Performance
2. Poor resale (shall we say worst?)
3. Unsafe (Brakes, one of the worst in the whole industry)
4. Poor A.S.S.
5. Expensive to maintain when compared to competition
6. Unpredictable (Or should it be unreliable?)
7. Long in the tooth (Applies to many cars in competition too)
8. Poor history
Old 24th May 2007, 14:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Brilliant and persistant marketing can only bring notice to the product. ultimately the product / company has to be good enough to stand the test of time.

You all can jump all over me but I will not agree that repeating the FIAT Stile ad will do anything positive to the sales figures.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:24   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
but then to be fair to FIAT, it does reflect in the sticker price as well. Its not like they are commanding a premium, are they ???
Then why it aint selling ?
Old 24th May 2007, 14:28   #88
Senior - BHPian

[quote=speedzak;447184]A quick look into it.

WHY BUY?
1. Space (Better/equal options exist)
3. new design and looks (Agree, but it doesn't appeal to many and what about the interior design??)
4. Better fuel economy (You need to read the first post of this thread repeatedly!)

3. Unsafe (Brakes, one of the worst in the whole industry)
5. Expensive to maintain when compared to competition
6. Unpredictable (Or should it be unreliable?)

1. Ok, now tell me, thread started has compared Santro and Palio, do you think Santro is as spacious as Palio... you must be kidding...

2. New design and looks: I agress rear end suc**

3. Better fuel economy: Compared Santro,.. could be.. compared to swaift, U-VA, Getz prime: I dont agree..

4. Unsafe brake: I never foudn that.. They are spongy but not worst.. You need to get used to

5. Expensive to maintain: Compared to Santro could be.. compared to Swift... Swift has costly spares than Palio...

6. Unpredictable: We have people runnign their FIATs more than 1L KM... but then it is not reliable.. rt??

Last edited by neoonwheels : 24th May 2007 at 14:29.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
MUL is laughing all the way to the bank, selling a car, whose engine they are sourcing from a rival. Hats off to MUL marketing. Brilliantly misleading (IMO) and repetetive advertising does have its benefits.
MUL is CAR maker, and most of the car maker outsource some/most of the parts. For exmaple ROBER BOSCH / DELPHI are expert in automative engineering and they have pioneered in many technologies. Different car maker licence these technologies but do they advertise that its coming from ROBERT BOSCH/DELPHY/VEYROCK. Check your speedo ... is it not PRICOL ?
Any good car maker job is to sell a good /reliable/ VFM product to the consumer and back it by good after sale service.... IT HARDLY MATTERS to cosumer how they do it.
Old 24th May 2007, 14:33   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Thread starter could you please drive both Getz prime and Palio stile once and then compare performace... then we are talking business...
Well said.But still i feel Palio 1.1 stile would be hated more.

Better option for FIAT would have been to bring in the Palio 1.3D.Sure, Fiat got their strategies wrong.Either they make good products and no attempts were made to advertise those products or they make untimley products (like Palio 1.1 stile).I hope they don't repeat this mistake in future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks