Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If in the market for a hatch, would you buy the Palio Stile 1.1?
Yes 12 23.53%
No 39 76.47%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 02:55   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

PS-- @ roms.. I like your avtaar.. Hilarious and suicidal at a thread like this

Godfather
You bet ! Good observation.

Actually was contemplating on changing my signature to this- " If you want to drive a FIAT, buy a Suzuki !". Ah, now thats a signature That would make a suicidal avtaar and signature.

Last edited by roms : 25th May 2007 at 03:03.
Old 25th May 2007, 03:11   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
You bet ! Good observation.

Actually was contemplating on changing my signature to this- " If you want to drive a FIAT, buy a Suzuki !". Ah, now thats a signature That would make a suicidal avtaar and signature.
lol... how about.. If you want to drive a FIAT .. drive it over a Cliff..

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 03:22   #198
BHPian

Whenasked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
WOW! We all sure have time to kill - 14 pages in a day on a car that doesnt warrant a single post !!!! I'm gonna set a filter for the word 'FIAT' and ignore any thread that comes with that four-letter word.

But wait - that way I'll probably not see the forum at all !!!!

Maybe thats the solution, and perhaps I'll get more work done.
I think you also had some time to peep into this & write a few lines. Curiosity huh?

There is a saying in Kerala..about a magazine called VANITHA intended for Women. But its read most by Men although they wont openly admit it. I think in that way, even if you put a FILTER on FIAT, you will still come & open it..read it..right?
Old 25th May 2007, 06:48   #199
BANNED

Other than the build quality & Ride quality, there is no other factor that compels an average Indian to go for 1.1 Stile. Out of this, build quality takes a backseat in the smaller segments.

So the chances of 1.1 surviving in the jungle is almost ZERO.
Old 25th May 2007, 06:58   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Godfather
Aah! Let's not go there. There a many more cars I can think of that deserve a similar fate.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:28   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
You are wrong my friend. Remember accents came out with the Crdi? Then the elantra? It was hyundai who paved the way to get Crdi to the common man in India.
I know all about it my friend... but i was talking about the Hatchback class.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:34   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Certainly, not better then a Optra but even better then a Mercedes S Class, faster then a Ferrari, better handling then a Lotus Elise, giving more FE then a Bluetec Mercedes E320 et all, happy now your car company is better then mine.
You can do a lot better. Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Swift only doesnot have the engine butttt has ABS/Airbags, climate control, same interiors as abroad. Yes, i have criticized MUL for not giving the VVT, but they are getting the M15A after all, and the Indian Swift comes with 75bhp wheras abroad it comes with 69bhp.
Palio 1.6 had the option of Airbags and ABS too.... you have a 1.6 too, did you opted for those options. Dont worry dude.. the 1.3 MJD will be here soon in a FIAT.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:36   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Other than the build quality & Ride quality, there is no other factor that compels an average Indian to go for 1.1 Stile. Out of this, build quality takes a backseat in the smaller segments.

So the chances of 1.1 surviving in the jungle is almost ZERO.
Very nicely put. .
Old 25th May 2007, 10:41   #204
Senior - BHPian

Why ?
For Fiat - It doesn't have many cars and this is the best they could offer with less investment and risk.
For buyers - Don't know. People who like Fiats already have one and not planning to buy. Others don't want one.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:50   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Godfather

[quote=srishiva;448077 People who like Fiats already have one and not planning to buy.[/quote]

And some are falling over themselves to make others buy Fiat. I wonder why.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:00   #206
BHPian

Quote:

Godfather
Yup, thats even better. Thats what I actually feel like doing after a thread like this.Maybe I should drive the car off a cliff and then jump off at the very last moment-filmi ishtyle.Atleast there must be some place out there where the poor soul (the car) would get some peace.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:10   #207
Team-BHP Support

Oye bas ho gayaa ab :-o

Fiat definitely started off with a lot of positives but lost the plot sometime back. If it comes back with something extraordinary it may still have some hope. Stile 1.1... well, just let it be people.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:51   #208
BHPian

Whoa, lunch break please!!!! My half day in office is gone. Please don't bring any more facts...My head is spinning already

Sam & Hydra, Please get some more ICE?cheers:

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 25th May 2007 at 11:52.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:01   #209
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread looks like I missed a lot of stuff,in just a day.

I have never bought/driven a fiat car so I don't know much about their cars but add my thoughts:

1>. There was absolutely no reason to go for the 1.1 litre engine option when 1.2 litre engines also benefit from the excise duty benefits,so its more or less a fact that fiat experimented in terms of the engine option for better FE figures.When I say experimented,I feel their testing with the 1.1L engines was grossly inadequate,you could see test cars around days before the launch of the stile 1.1.

2> If people like gto,rtech can point out that its not necessarily a smaller engine that gets you better FE figures than a bigger engine surely someone at Fiat india could also have realised that.

The main reason why this thread was started was why did fiat go from 1.2 to 1.1 and not to downplay the palio in anyway,since the 1.2 litre palio from what I hear was more than adequately powered and used to return pretty decent FE figures they could easily have continued with the same engine itself if excise duty cut was the main target,when the 1.1 L engine is not returning a significantly better FE figure.

Could tata have played a role in fiat going in for the 1.1 litre engine so that it does not compete with the xeta 1.2 don't know,after all tata looks to be the dominant parter in their alliance.However clearly when you make an alliance its upto you whether to accept the terms or not and go ahead with the alliance or not.But for the moment dont want to go OT and hence stop here.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 25th May 2007 at 12:11.
Old 25th May 2007, 12:06   #210
BHPian

The poll is flawed. Please change it to
"would you buy a palio stile 1.1" and keep it aligned to the discussion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks