Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 11:05   #436
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

The vehicle looks nice. And it promises to be a good entrant.
However, features and gizmos notwithstanding, I do hope this is the same International spec vehicle which is being offered in the US, CAN, UK, EU, ANZ and MENA, which is being also offered in India. I do hope it conforms to the best levels of safety standards worldwide, is made from the same materials and carries the same performance features like AWD and the rest of it, without compromise.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:07   #437
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Headlight assembly I was talking about. I'm not sure which one is more powerful, whether the projector LED setup in Octavia or the one Tucson has

Tucson:
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220714-11.04.57-am.png

Octavia:
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220714-10.58.23-am.png

MODS: Please merge with my earlier post. Could not edit due to 30m window exceeded
Old 14th July 2022, 11:35   #438
BHPian

This is the Nepal brochure,. They get interior color options and optional shift by wire transmission, hopefully we'll have a choice on that as well.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220714-113858.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220714-113829.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220714-113807.png  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tucson Nepal Brochure.pdf (1.14 MB, 134 views)

Last edited by sweetvar26 : 14th July 2022 at 11:43.
sweetvar26 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:41   #439
Senior - BHPian

From the outside the car looks quite nice and futuristic, however the interior seems a bit odd especially the big gear lever and the speedo console.
The speedo console looks like an after market fitment and does not even have a cover or a cowl, looks quite odd and out of place.

Lets see how it is priced could be a good option for someone looking for a comfortable spacious and a fuss free ownership experience.
Old 14th July 2022, 12:25   #440
BHPian

Here are my few cents on this new Tucson.

1. The exterior looks are pathetic (IMO). Doesn't give a striking/premium feel. The last generation was looking way better.
2. No SUV look either. This more looks like an elongated Creta.
3. Beige interiors on an AWD SUV? Seriously? At least there should be an option to choose the interior color to black/brown.
4. The dash doesn't look premium at all. In fact, the driver MID looks aftermarket. And this is one big spoiler.
5. Alcazar's same 2 litre NA petrol in this flagship offering from Hyundai? No fun. No excitement. Diesel sounds more exciting.
6. Looks like Tucson is going to compete with Harrier/XUV700 rather than Compass, C5 Aircross, and Tiguan. This Tucson is nowhere as well built, premium, and fun to drive as these 3 mentioned here.
7. There is nothing special about this Tuscon. Of course, reliability and ASS network/experience are the areas where Tucson is miles ahead compared to others.

All in all, not an exciting car in any sense. In fact, it's actually a disappointment from Hyundai. Personally, I would choose an XUV700/Scorpio n in the cheaper side and Compass/Tiguan on the other side.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 12:47   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
I don't think the 2L diesel motor is localized in India and so they didn't plonk it on Alcazar - to keep the prices affordable.
I know, hence why I said a straight up massive increase of 5-6l. Even then, it would still be around the same price as the top end models of the XUV and Safari. I think it would have been viable, especially since they could have also offered the petrol to more money conscious buyers.
Old 14th July 2022, 13:46   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
6. Looks like Tucson is going to compete with Harrier/XUV700 rather than Compass, C5 Aircross, and Tiguan. This Tucson is nowhere as well built, premium, and fun to drive as these 3 mentioned here.
I'm pretty sure the Diesel Tucson is way better to drive than the Diesel Compass Auto. In terms of built/fun to drive, I feel we should wait for official reviews before assuming certain things here. In international reviews, no where I see questions around build quality and if its CKD, we can assume, it will follow same standards.
neel911 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 14:12   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Diesel Tucson is way better to drive than the Diesel Compass Auto. In terms of built/fun to drive, I feel we should wait for official reviews before assuming certain things here. In international reviews, nowhere I see questions around build quality and if its CKD, we can assume, it will follow same standards.
Agreed. Compass Diesel Auto is sluggish. But it is not as bad as it is talked about for a sedate driver. I am not assuming anything here. In the international reviews, the build quality is not top-notch and the driving fun is not exceptional either. Please note that in India, most likely Tucson will be positioned against Compass, Tiguan, C5 Aircross, all of which excels in build, and driving dynamics.

If it succeeds, the only reasons I see are Tucson's reliability, ASS experience, and network.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 14th July 2022 at 14:16.
Old 14th July 2022, 14:24   #444
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Nope. If you do that the boot floor cover will not close at all. At least this is how its in the Gen3 Tucson and it should be the same with the new one as well.
Well, this is a problem, if it turns that you can't have a full-sized spare wheel, even as an after-market choice. I don't think I would be comfortable taking a vehicle without this to remote areas with bad roads (even if not off-roading, which this is not meant for). The Tiguan has the same problem, but it seems that it is possible to put a full-size spare wheel at your own cost. There seems to be sufficient space for that in the Tig, because the floor has adjustable height.

Really odd: the Tucson petrol has no AWD but gets a full-sized spare, while the diesel has AWD but no full-sized spare !!

As a potential buyer, I am really confused. I suppose it might still make sense to buy the Tucson diesel+AWD with just 10 year registration if the price point is considerably lower than the petrol Tiguan (the NCR problem!). But I suspect that the price of the Tucson diesel with AWD will probably be very close to the Tiguan, which will make it very difficult to choose this over the Tiguan.
Old 14th July 2022, 14:32   #445
BHPian

Comparison of Tucson with some of 5 seaters (sorted by length). XUV700 is kept just because it does come in 5 seater option. The GC has been not necessarily taken from brochures as not all of them mention it.

Due to LWB variant launched here, Tucson 2022 has longest Wheel Base. I was hoping for better GC.

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220714-2.39.57-pm.png

Last edited by neel911 : 14th July 2022 at 14:42. Reason: Updated width of C5
neel911 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 16:30   #446
Senior - BHPian

New Hyundai Tucson ADAS features demo for media

Quote:
Getting a demo of the new Tucson's ADAS features today at the iCAT test facility.
Name:  SmartSelect_20220714162726_Twitter.gif
Views: 342
Size:  4.38 MB

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 19:24   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
This is the Nepal brochure,. They get interior color options and optional shift by wire transmission, hopefully we'll have a choice on that as well.
It will be great if they provide an option to replace the regular gear liver with shift by wire transmission which will change the interior look of the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-tucson-sbw.jpeg  

Mathan1130 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 20:11   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Here are my few cents on this new Tucson.

1. The exterior looks are pathetic (IMO). Doesn't give a striking/premium feel. The last generation was looking way better.
2. No SUV look either. This more looks like an elongated Creta.
7. There is nothing special about this Tuscon. Of course, reliability and ASS network/experience are the areas where Tucson is miles ahead compared to others.

All in all, not an exciting car in any sense. In fact, it's actually a disappointment from Hyundai. Personally, I would choose an XUV700/Scorpio n in the cheaper side and Compass/Tiguan on the other side.

That’s a very extreme view! Some points like beige interiors etc are valid, your other view points seem to be unfounded. The Tucson is a worthy competitor to the Compass, it’s much bigger, has a decent Diesel engine and a more than adequate auto box. Also, I don’t know how much Hyundai has localised this car for india, but in many other markets the Tucson is a top seller for Hyundai.

Have you actually driven the Safari or Harrier? I think you should take a back to back test drive of the Tata cars along with the Tucson to really see if they actually belong to the same segment. Also, a bit curious, how do you say that the Tucson is not as well built as the compass? Have you done a quick test drive of the Indian version?

I’ m all for constructive feedback, but to just bash a car without even a Test drive or before even listening to some expert reviews, I’m not sure if that’s fair. Let’s give our unbiased feedback once we actually touch and feel the product.
motorworks is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:24   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The Tucson is a worthy competitor to the Compass, it’s much bigger, has a decent Diesel engine and a more than adequate auto box.

Also, a bit curious, how do you say that the Tucson is not as well built as the compass? Have you done a quick test drive of the Indian version?
Even if you haven't driven the Compass, just reading through the TBHP thread by Jeep Compass owners, will give you enough evidence about the multiple problems and niggles. This includes the infamous rattles; which even lead to Jeep refunding the cost of the vehicle to one of our members. There are similar horror stories about Harrier and XUV700 as well. I'm not saying Hyundai is perfect, but they are far more consistent and reliable.

Having said that, I don't deny that the Compass has a masculine appeal associated with the the brand, but its neither a well built car nor fun to drive in the petrol guise. Even when you look at the Compass diesel, the 2020 Tucson Diesel with its 8 speed transmission will easily blow it out of the water.
autotranny is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 22:43   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
The Tucson is a worthy competitor to the Compass, it’s much bigger, has a decent Diesel engine and a more than adequate auto box.

I’ m all for constructive feedback, but to just bash a car without even a Test drive or before even listening to some expert reviews, I’m not sure if that’s fair. Let’s give our unbiased feedback once we actually touch and feel the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Having said that, I don't deny that the Compass has a masculine appeal associated with the the brand, but its neither a well built car nor fun to drive in the petrol guise. Even when you look at the Compass diesel, the 2020 Tucson Diesel with its 8 speed transmission will easily blow it out of the water.
Very well put

I have test driven Compass Diesel Auto and 2020 Tucson Diesel back to back and Tucson was much more refined and responsive. Hyundai does deserve the credit for that Diesel engine. With further refinement to 2022 Tucson diesel engine, it should easily shine over Compass Diesel Auto

Last edited by neel911 : 14th July 2022 at 22:47.
neel911 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed