Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2022, 16:58   #481
R_R
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
But post some discussions and based on initial impressions, I think I will continue to hold my Tiguan booking.
Thank you for these comments. I am in somewhat the same boat, trying to pick between the Tiguan and Tucson. The key thing that worries me about Tiguan is the long-term reliability, even with the (extendable) 7-year warranty, especially the DSG. What are your thoughts on this, if I may, considering Hyundai has a much better ASS/reputation for reliability? I do love the Tiguan otherwise, but this gives me pause. If Hyundai had brought the petrol 1.6T/AWD, I would have definitely picked it, but not too keen on picking the Tucson diesel. So still in a quandary.
Old 15th July 2022, 17:00   #482
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

My SA confirmed it's a CKD . How difficult would it be for Hyundai to officially mention it during launch?

Doesn't the adaptive cruise control need car running at some minimum speed? I see it otherwise mentioned here:

So bookings are officially opening on 18th July as mentioned by Mr Tarun Garg:

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
4. This generation Tucson, besides design, offers nothing new. The engines are the same,
The Diesel engine has been further tuned so not sure why you are saying it is the same.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 17:11   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Much as i like it, I do not see any reason why this new model will sell because of the following reasons-
+100.

This is what I was screaming out in my comments. Good to know there are like minds.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th July 2022 at 17:24. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 17:18   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to burst the bubble here, but no one bought the Tucson when it was priced 18.XX- 29.XX few years back. Later on they discountinued the base models, still no one bought it. Average Tucson sales were around the 100 units per month mark, translates to 1 Tucson sold per month for every 9 Hyundai dealerships!
I do agree with your premise, but I feel the customer has evolved.

Even though the previous Tucson did not sell in good numbers at a price point of 25-35 L, the creta did very well at 10-20L.

Those customers would see the Tucson as a natural successor option.

The XUV700, has had a large number of bookings, and prominently in the higher up models. I feel the Hyundai brand image would bring better sales.

The dimensions are smaller, agreed, not sure if it would be a deal-killer for most. As for the Germans, I feel large number of Indians do not faith in long term reliability on these brands. We are a VFM market. Not all are convinced with the "premium badge".

Quote:
2. Plonking 35 big ones on a Hyundai is still rare in India. Customers do not have confidence in the brand to do so, and as mentioned above, neither do Hyundai salesman have that confidence to sell.
15 years ago, 75% of hyundai sales were Small to Med sized cars. Creta and Alcazar are changing that, although slowly.

Quote:
3. Walk in to a Hyundai showroom and check out the sales person's enthusiasm in selling you a Tucson. In my experience, there is none. They would rather sell you 2 Cretas.
I truly hope this changes. Hyundai need to upgrade themselves. Esp if they plan to bring in the Teluride later.

Quote:
4. This generation Tucson, besides design, offers nothing new. The engines are the same, the touch panels look aftermarket and the digital display is already featured in lower models such as Alcazar, there is no hybrid on offer, and the highlight ADAS features will not work in India.
This point, I dont agree with. New chassis, engine. New Level 2 ADAS. Even though the panels are shared with other models, they do offer more than their lower siblings. No Adaptive Cruise control etc.

Quote:
Of course Hyundai can completely change the game if it offers a loaded variant at 20 lakhs but then who would buy their money-spinner Creta that it sells in the 1000s?
My opinion, they absolutely have to change their game. They can't become the next MSIL with 75% sub 10 L vehicle sales.
They need to bring in premium vehicles.
shivs2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 17:21   #485
BHPian

Quote:
3. Walk in to a Hyundai showroom and check out the sales person's enthusiasm in selling you a Tucson. In my experience, there is none.
Could be because Tucson sales are handled by a small number of sales folks who are trained to deal with the clientele that go for it.

If you book a test drive online, you will be contacted by this person and have a pretty good experience. Atleast I did (for the previous version).
yogishkamath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 18:18   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Could be because Tucson sales are handled by a small number of sales folks who are trained to deal with the clientele that go for it.

If you book a test drive online, you will be contacted by this person and have a pretty good experience. Atleast I did (for the previous version).
Correct. They have a separate team including relationship managers, sales associates etc that deals with premium cars.
Old 15th July 2022, 18:41   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
2. The petrol version seems full-sized spare, but the diesel one gets a space-saver. I wonder why? And, if one wants, is there sufficient space to replace the space-saver with a full-sized one, I wonder?
Should be due to the ad-blue tank taking space.
Old 15th July 2022, 19:24   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to burst the bubble here, but no one bought the Tucson when it was priced 18.XX- 29.XX few years back. Later on they discountinued the base models, still no one bought it. Average Tucson sales were around the 100 units per month mark, translates to 1 Tucson sold per month for every 9 Hyundai dealerships!

Much as i like it, I do not see any reason why this new model will sell because of the following reasons-

1. The 5 seater premium SUV segment is very small now. Towards the lower end, the likes of XUV7OO, Safari, Scorpio is eating the segment for breakfast, lunch and dinner, while at the premium end you have the 7 seater BoFs and entry level Germans to entice you. Only the Compass sells because it still tugs at heartstrings, in a way Tucson can never can.
This to me is the biggest reason why I doubt all the enthusiasm on internet is actually not going to translate into sales. Maybe the Diesel will be a saviour.

Money isn't a problem in India anymore but that doesn't mean folks will spend more on a Hyundai for what an XUV with 7 seats + same bells&whistles can do for less or when you can get a badge (with less features) for some more.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 15th July 2022 at 19:47.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 19:35   #489
Senior - BHPian

Somehow cannot make peace with the design of new Tucson (I know this is personal preference). Really cannot understand the obsession with lights, those are far too many for my taste. The previous gen was very understated, looked more European and the best looking Hyundai by far.
Even if I keep other things aside, only for the looks and interiors I would go for Tiguan or Compass over Tucson. But I am sure a large no.of people would prefer the new Tucson design over previous.

Last edited by sunikkat : 15th July 2022 at 19:37.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 19:44   #490
BHPian

New Tucson is now available on Clicktobuy with very few dealership options.
Old 15th July 2022, 20:09   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Media drive at i-CAT Manesar:

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-fxrce2muiacsvmm.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/carandbike/statu...xvQ1YAZAg&s=19

Last edited by Aditya : 15th July 2022 at 21:30. Reason: Source added
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 20:13   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

Money isn't a problem in India anymore but that doesn't mean folks will spend more on a Hyundai for what an XUV with same bells&whistles can do for less or when you can get a badge (with less features) for some more.
You are right, but there is an asterisk here.

If you book a top-of-the-line XUV700 today, you will get it in 2 years. You might be able to get a Tucson in 2 months.

Also, I would be willing to pay a premium of - say 10% - for the relatively fuss-free ownership experience that Hyundai promises and another few percent for the couple of extra features in the Hyundai.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 21:03   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to burst the bubble here.

I agree with you. Don't expect big numbers unless they have some miraculous pricing. The saving grace could be that there is no real competition in 30-35 Lac market. The Fortuners and the Germans are now getting closer to 60 Lacs on-road, whereas when the last generation Tucson was originally introduced, you could get an X1 at 40 Lacs and Fortuner at 36 Lacs.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 21:31   #494
BHPian

Hello All,

Sharing few pictures from the media drive review.

Link - https://zeenews.india.com/photos/bus...d-more-2485642
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.24.22-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.25.15-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.26.14-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.26.34-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.29.14-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.29.25-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.29.41-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.30.19-pm.png  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220715-9.30.37-pm.png  

Mathan1130 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 00:10   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to burst the bubble here, but no one bought the Tucson when it was priced 18.XX- 29.XX few years back.
Frankly, you are not wrong. But, I don't completely agree with you as well.

Like someone correctly said -
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
20 lakhs is the new 10 lakhs, 30 is the new 20 and so on.
When few years back below 10L segment was hot selling, today 10L-20L is the hot selling segment. Of course the sales are still highest for below 10L segment. But if you compare the sales of 10L-20L segment, you'll notice it has grown tremendously in the recent years.
Now, people who were already in this segment ( me included ) and want to upgrade are looking for 20L-40L segment. But, If you look closely, there isn't much choice in this segment.
Jeep Compass is overpriced for what it offers (though I do argue that the new Jeep Compass is worth its price). VW/Skoda twins are great SUVs but their after sales service is not reliable. C5 is too expensive and its service center are limited.
So, if you are looking at an upgrade from Honda City / Creta segment and do not want to stretch to Fortuner / Germans, you don't have much choices. And trust me, there are a lot of prospect buyers looking for a better car in this range.

XUV700, Scorpio, Harrier and Safari are great products and I am very proud to see such automobiles from Indian automakers. These are presently filling this gap very well.
But, they still belong to 15L - 25L segment. Just slightly upmarket as compared to 10L-20L.

I agree with you that the sales of this segment will remain lower than the below 20L segment ones. But, it is also a greatly desired segment for those who want a car with good luxury features, better power figures and do not want to stretch to the Germans or Fortuner.
While few years back this was considered an expensive segment, today it is much more desirable.
I believe Hyundai Tucson will be a game changer here. It is the only car in this segment that is reliable, has great after sales service record, is more equipped than Creta/Seltos and has better performance.

Of course the pricing will be crucial. It shouldn't get expensive like C5. But with the news of Tucson being Made in India, I believe Hyundai will price it competitively.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks