Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 15:20   #586
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankajm View Post
Went through the feature list in the website. The only difference between platinum and signature is :-

1) ADAS
2) VENTILATED SEATS
3) POWERED PASSENGER SEAT WITH WALKIN DEVICE

Now I think Platinum is amazingly equipped. I think Platinum 2.0 DSL will be an excellent Value for Money choice if they price it between 28-30 lacs exshowroom.

Has anyone decided a color, im confused between Starry Night and Amazon grey? Does Amzon grey has a greenish tinge??
Features missing in the platinum over signature model are as follows:
•8-way power adjustable passenger seat
•Passenger seat walk-in device
•Hands free smart power tail gate with height adjustment
•Driver power seat memory function
•Front ventilated & heated seats

- ADAS features except :
•Blind-spot view monitor (BVM) &
•Surround view monitor (SVM) {360^ camera}

I personally feel that the amazon grey colour would be close to Tata Nexon’s green shade.

I have booked the Phantom black colour Platinum 2.0 DSL.

Although Hyundai should have put ventilated seats in Platinum too. Just a gimmick to push a person from Platinum to Signature {FOMO on ventilated seats } thinking of Creta getting it in 16 lakhs variant.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-d0c4e1fdb1a84b22857ddb5c81ba30f3.jpeg  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-dab4c5514924465c9e79b04c110be14b.jpeg  

manaljain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 17:07   #587
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson

Hyundai has started taking bookings for Tucson. It seems it comes in two flavors, the signature, and platinum. DM Hyundai, Gurgaon is accepting the booking. More details awaited
Old 19th July 2022, 19:59   #588
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankajm View Post
Went through the feature list in the website. The only difference between platinum and signature is :-

1) ADAS
2) VENTILATED SEATS
3) POWERED PASSENGER SEAT WITH WALKIN DEVICE

Now I think Platinum is amazingly equipped. I think Platinum 2.0 DSL will be an excellent Value for Money choice if they price it between 28-30 lacs exshowroom.

Has anyone decided a color, im confused between Starry Night and Amazon grey? Does Amzon grey has a greenish tinge??
Was inclined on the Amazon Grey but ended up booking the Black in the end. Tried hard to stay away but in the end the heart demanded it . I currently have a black XUV500.
Old 19th July 2022, 20:11   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
Was inclined on the Amazon Grey but ended up booking the Black in the end. Tried hard to stay away but in the end the heart demanded it . I currently have a black XUV500.
I liked the international Deep Sea version. Finally will be going with PLATINUM 2.0 DSL STARRY NIGHT.

Finally at peace after following this thread for like months and months!!
Pankajm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:27   #590
BHPian

I had Pre-booked with dealer back in April. Today gave confirmation to go ahead and enter in their booking system:
- AWD Diesel in Amazon Gray

Now the wait starts for the Aug 4 official price announcement

Hyundai has updated Tucson landing page with sections now.
Also, finally their marketing team figured out the goof up of using Venue picture in ClicktoBuy booking system and has been updated with Tucson picture now

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post

I personally feel that the amazon grey colour would be close to Tata Nexon’s green shade.
I've seen Nexon green shade and it looks much different than Amazon Gray shade. I've seen Amazon Gray shade in Hyundai i30 and looks nice and unique. Somehow it's difficult to explain and you need to see it in person
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 21:37   #591
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the prices to be announced on August 4th.

While the Platinum has enough features, Hyundai shouldn't have skipped ventilated seats and powered tailgate.

They should have reserved just ADAS features for the Signature variant and given a choice of 2WD and 4WD.

I am guessing the price difference between Platinum and Signature 2WD will be 2-3 lakhs or even higher.

What is this Hyundai's policy to skip some features that they offer on other cheaper products in their line-up?

E.g. - cooled glovebox, rear sunshades, ventilated seats, projector LED headlights to name a few.

I too have booked one and will decide after the price announcement.

Sad thing is that I don't have other alternatives in this price range. The only other options are Hector (no diesel AT), Compass (smaller and overpriced), Harrier / Safari (not that premium & another Tata).

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2022 at 17:30. Reason: Edited for better readability
Old 19th July 2022, 22:00   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
What the shit is this Hyundai's policy to skip some features that they offer on other cheaper products in their line-up?

Ex - Cooled Glovebox, Rear Sunshades, Ventilated Seats, Projector LED headlights to name a few.

I too have booked one and will decide after price announcement.
I promised myself that my next car would have a decent headlight setup and seeing projectors missing on even the top variant is seriously disappointing. I currently drive a Venue and sometimes I have to check whether the headlights are even on because the throw is so, so poor. In addition, incoming cars blind me for a few seconds so it is a huge safety concern.

Add to this the fact that it gets the same "premium" Bose system found on lower models is just one more things that irks me. The outgoing model had a decent Infinity system which has not been carried over.

Then Hyundai goes on to add a light grey interior for our conditions and it just makes me

With the Kodiaq MIA I am seriously considering canceling my booking and going for the Superb with the new Cognac interior
solaris007 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:37   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I had Pre-booked with dealer back in April. Today gave confirmation to go ahead and enter in their booking system:
Curious to know, their system refers to dealers order book or Hyundais? Trying to figure out if the booking commencement date announced by manufacturers has any value at all in the post COVID era.
Old 20th July 2022, 10:50   #594
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson ADAS tech calibrated for India.

Name:  20220719103437_Tucson.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  66.8 KB

Quote:
The protocol from Hyundai HQ was to recalibrate the ADAS package to suit Indian conditions and the system couldn't simply be carried over from another market unchanged.
Quote:
ADAS was a non-negotiable part of the Tucson launch plan from day one, as an integral halo feature of the SUV for India. The Hyundai Tucson India launch would even have happened, as per the original schedule, sometime in 2020 or 2021, but a combination of the pandemic and the calibration of the ADAS are what delayed it to August 2022.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 20th July 2022 at 10:51.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 10:50   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Curious to know, their system refers to dealers order book or Hyundais? Trying to figure out if the booking commencement date announced by manufacturers has any value at all in the post COVID era.
This might vary manufacturer to manufacturer and also on demand for specific model. Like what was done for XUV700 and what is planned for ScorpioN is very unique.

For me, it is system, dealers use to enter actual booking to the manufacturer.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:02   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
33 lakhs is too much for this car. That will cross 40 lakhs Bangalore . No offence but 40 lakhs is too much for a Hyundai.
I agree that 40 lakhs feels too much for a Hyundai ... and 30 lakhs feels too much for a Mahindra and 60 lakhs for a Fortuner
yogishkamath is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:13   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I agree that 40 lakhs feels too much for a Hyundai ... and 30 lakhs feels too much for a Mahindra and 60 lakhs for a Fortuner
So true! Such are the times . All cars are pricey in the current market. All the more reason I love my 2014 punto 90 hp sport(top end) that was 8.8 lakhs OTR .
ChetanM6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:46   #598

Quote:

Now the wait starts for the Aug 4 official price announcement

Hyundai has updated Tucson landing page with sections now.
Also, finally their marketing team figured out the goof up of using Venue picture in ClicktoBuy booking system and has been updated with Tucson picture now

I've seen Nexon green shade and it looks much different than Amazon Gray shade. I've seen Amazon Gray shade in Hyundai i30 and looks nice and unique. Somehow it's difficult to explain and you need to see it in person
Booked mine back in May and updated the color to Amazon grey, still split between amazon grey and starry night though. Guess will have to wait and see the colors in person, videos and photos aren't doing justice to either.
Old 20th July 2022, 11:48   #599
BHPian

We all need to reset our expectations . We are not even talking about entry level luxury segment. When I checked the X1 which is about 55L OTR Bangalore, I was shocked at the number of features omitted from variant launched in India.

When Tiguan was launched at about 40L OTR Bangalore, most were shocked but then when Kodiaq L&K was launched at about 48L OTR, suddenly for someone who was just looking at 5 seater, Tiguan seemed VFM.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:23   #600
BHPian

Quote:
We all need to reset our expectations . We are not even talking about entry level luxury segment. When I checked the X1 which is about 55L OTR Bangalore, I was shocked at the number of features omitted from variant launched in India.

When Tiguan was launched at about 40L OTR Bangalore, most were shocked but then when Kodiaq L&K was launched at about 48L OTR, suddenly for someone who was just looking at 5 seater, Tiguan seemed VFM.
Totally agree with you. Context is everything.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks