Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 13:30   #646
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
Is this 16 weeks delivery period for those that book now or does it apply for all bookings?
The current state of the car market is just so absurd and frustrating.
This is for my booking as on 23rd July. People who booked earlier will have less waiting period and it will increase with subsequent bookings. I think it's just indicative timelines to keep customer expectations realistic. This will change post price announcement, cancellations, variant wise booking numbers etc.
Old 24th July 2022, 16:29   #647
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Just booked the Diesel signature 2wd . Hope Hyundai prices the product well.
ChetanM6 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 17:00   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
New Hyundai Tucson is a CKD product - .

- Hyundai Tucson only SUV with ADAS.
Good to see closure on this

Contrary to lot of views around ADAS, I for one am really looking forward to same for all my future cars.
Especially on highways, the autobrake, the adaptive cruise control, lane assist are some features that just give you an additional level of safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
This price range is just sweet if true . My SA is already hinting 40 lakhs for top end
I am prepared for ~39 OTR for the 4WD/AWD I have booked. I just hope they don't cross 40L during launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
Is this 16 weeks delivery period for those that book now or does it apply for all bookings? I really hope it is the former. I pre-booked the car and there is no way I am waiting for 4-5 more months for delivery.

The current state of the car market is just so absurd and frustrating.
Dealers are ofcourse clue less. Also, though I have pre booked in April, the system only shows July date as thats when they could enter in system. I have however been assured of April date that would be considered during delivery priority.
Old 24th July 2022, 17:05   #649
BANNED

Maybe KIA will bring the Sportage to India to take on the Tucson and price it below the Tucson, they are essentially the same vehicles underneath though!
Old 24th July 2022, 17:23   #650

Looks like dealers are getting more bookings than they anticipated. Being CKD, would the realistic capacity with Hyundai would have - 250-400 cars a month?
Old 24th July 2022, 17:48   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Also, though I have pre booked in April, the system only shows July date as thats when they could enter in system.
Is there a system where one can track booking status ? Something like Mahindra booking portal ? I have booked directly with the dealer and have received a copy of the booking form .
ChetanM6 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 20:12   #652
SDK
BHPian

I remember the Gen3 Tuscon had the switch for AWD lock and even the brochure for Gen4 Tuscon mentions that the AWD variant can be locked in AWD mode.

However, I could not see the AWD lock button either in the center console or in the buttons on the right of the steering wheel.

Can anyone confirm that the new Tuscon does indeed have the AWD lock option and how is it activated ?
SDK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 21:28   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a system where one can track booking status ? Something like Mahindra booking portal ? I have booked directly with the dealer and have received a copy of the booking form .
Hope this doesn’t go the Kodiaq route.
Old 24th July 2022, 21:34   #654
BHPian

Quote:
That's all I have got. Since I had pre-booked in April, I did not get even updated email with Variant and Colour. I asked my SA to send me snapshot from their booking system which he did for my reference. The date on system shows July date only which is expected. This is probably the old school route how dealers typically have been taking bookings.

Hopefully, we'll get more specifics on actual availability dates post August 4th announcement. Let us hope they start deliveries by end of August or early September.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 11:57   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
However, I could not see the AWD lock button either in the center console or in the buttons on the right of the steering wheel.

Can anyone confirm that the new Tuscon does indeed have the AWD lock option and how is it activated ?
It is the top left button in the group of buttons between the shift stick and the central arm rest (i.e. besides the twin cup holders) in the international model. Faintly remember seeing it in one of the India unveil videos as well. It is an illuminated button showing current status as well.

Name:  awdlock.png
Views: 319
Size:  217.2 KB

Source
LobsterB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 14:15   #656
BHPian

Guys.

Is the gearing of the AWD Tucson shorter that that of the 2wd version? I am keen to know whether at the same vehicle speed, will the AWD version run at a higher RPM when compared to the 2WD variant resulting in poor fuel consumption? I am experiencing this in my Duster AWD where the gearing is shorter when compared to 2WD Duster.

Regards
WC
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 14:28   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
I remember the Gen3 Tuscon had the switch for AWD lock and even the brochure for Gen4 Tuscon mentions that the AWD variant can be locked in AWD mode.

That is a good observation.

The below snapshots are from Indian brochure and walk around video and I do not see the AWD lock button here. Ideally the button which does not have any label (above the Parking safety button) is where the AWD lock button is:
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220725-1.57.28-pm.png
Name:  Screenshot 20220725 at 2.03.39 PM.png
Views: 300
Size:  190.0 KB

Indian Brochure, however does mention the Lock Mode. So now, I'm not sure where that 4WD lock option/button if provided. Snapshot below:
Name:  Screenshot 20220725 at 2.03.16 PM.png
Views: 299
Size:  17.4 KB

You can refer to below video for India Tucson HTRAC/AWD walk around. Start at 8mins and go till 9.5mins and no where I see AWD lock button

The below snapshot is from US Variant Tucson where you can clearly see AWD Lock button.
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-screenshot-20220725-2.23.29-pm.png

Last edited by neel911 : 25th July 2022 at 14:39. Reason: Added video link
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 18:40   #658
BHPian

Review by the car wow guy. Reason putting this is not so much for the review but for the features which are not carried over to the india spec variant such as the rear ac controls etc. same thing with the Tiguan as well which is quite a lot of features which weren’t carried over to the India spec.

EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 14:54   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
features which are not carried over to the india spec variant such as the rear ac controls etc.

https://Youtu.be/0oQWhmBs0bU
Except for rear AC Controls, and rear sunshade, do we have a complete list of features omitted in the India variant? I think, they get 19 inchers too.
Old 26th July 2022, 15:03   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Except for rear AC Controls, and rear sunshade, do we have a complete list of features omitted in the India variant? I think, they get 19 inchers too.
Below are the list of features missed for India.

1. No 19 inch alloy wheel
2. SBW transmission
3. Projector based LED headlights
4. 3 Zone climate control
5. Remote Start Parking assist
6. Full black/brown interiors
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks