Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2022, 15:32   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Below are the list of features missed for India.

1. No 19 inch alloy wheel
2. SBW transmission
3. Projector based LED headlights
4. 3 Zone climate control
5. Remote Start Parking assist
6. Full black/brown interiors
7. Paddle Shifters.

This is one more omission.
AtheK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 16:13   #662
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
7. Paddle Shifters.

This is one more omission.
The European version Htrack comes with ECS - electronic controlled suspension. Here the brochure says McPherson struts for front and multi link with coil springs for the rear.
Although expecting that at this price bracket is not practical.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 26th July 2022 at 16:17.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 17:53   #663

How will the Tucson petrol be to drive? The international reviews about the petrol engine are not very great and they have given a very detuned engine?

For folks like me looking for a family car with less than 10,000 kms a year, diesel does not make sense. I like good driving dynamics and worried that Tucson petrol might disappoint.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th July 2022 at 00:55. Reason: Please capitalise first letters of names. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2022, 18:24   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nks81 View Post
How will the Tucson petrol be to drive? The international reviews about the petrol engine are not very great and they have given a very detuned engine?

For folks like me looking for a family car with less than 10,000 kms a year, diesel does not make sense. I like good driving dynamics and worried that Tucson petrol might disappoint.
Welcome to the land of the compromise. I think you will find many a people here who are in the same bucket. Each of the rival products in this segment have some goods and some bads. The only way around it would be to be prioritize the needs and select the closest one that matches.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th July 2022 at 00:55. Reason: Quoted post edited.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 11:51   #665
BHPian

A short video about Key ADAS features ..

Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 13:02   #666
BHPian

Overall Hyundai seems to be stressing a lot on ADAS features. Even lot of reviews post initial walk around are just around showcasing ADAS features and that too in controlled way. This is one of key differentiator to other cars in same segment it is going to compete with. I hope they are not doing this to stand out and justify the price they plan to share on August 4th .

I'm also not seeing any clarity when official reviews would be out.
Old 27th July 2022, 14:28   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Overall Hyundai seems to be stressing a lot on ADAS features. Even lot of reviews post initial walk around are just around showcasing ADAS features and that too in controlled way. This is one of key differentiator to other cars in same segment it is going to compete with. I hope they are not doing this to stand out and justify the price they plan to share on August 4th .

Yup very true ! My gut feeling the pricing will be on higher side.Tucson being the first Hyundai product to enter the Indian market with Level 2 ADAS. I am not sure how many bookings Tucson has recorded so far ?

They might decide the pricing based on the number of bookings !
Old 27th July 2022, 16:12   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

Honestly I’m not expecting a significant upgrade to driving experience with the more complex ADAS functions with current conditions in india. Even when I have used these outside india, not all cars identify lanes etc very well.
But it’s a start of an offering and that’s what we need. Keeping muted expectations in ADAS will go a long way in happy ownership experience.

Last edited by EaurougeatSpa : 27th July 2022 at 16:37.
Old 27th July 2022, 18:51   #669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am not sure how many bookings Tucson has recorded so far ?

They might decide the pricing based on the number of bookings !
They'd be ill advised to go too aggressive on pricing from the word go - would be better to do creeping hikes spread over a period of time, based on actual sales numbers. At the very least do an aggressive launch price to ensure it doesn't end up DOA.

There is many a slip between the cup and the lip!
Soft pre-bookings are one thing and actual conversion into sales is another - as their competition at Jeep can testify since the Meridian pricing debacle. A lot of their soft bookings I believe didn't actually translate into sales because people were sitting on the fence once they saw the product / price / value equation etc.
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 10:36   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
They'd be ill advised to go too aggressive on pricing from the word go - would be better to do creeping hikes spread over a period of time, based on actual sales numbers. At the very least do an aggressive launch price to ensure it doesn't end up DOA.

There is many a slip between the cup and the lip!
Soft pre-bookings are one thing and actual conversion into sales is another - as their competition at Jeep can testify since the Meridian pricing debacle. A lot of their soft bookings I believe didn't actually translate into sales because people were sitting on the fence once they saw the product / price / value equation etc.
100% agree with you not all the Pre bookings will be converted to a Sale! But what if the pre booking number is more than what Hyundai has expected they might try to price it on higher side thinking there are lot of prospective buyers who are interested.
Old 28th July 2022, 12:03   #671
BHPian

Quote:
100% agree with you not all the Pre bookings will be converted to a Sale! But what if the pre booking number is more than what Hyundai has expected they might try to price it on higher side thinking there are lot of prospective buyers who are interested.
Update from me dealer - just had a conversation with the owner of the dealership today. He said they are totally taken aback by the bookings. They have got about 200+ bookings already. He estimates that in Bangalore all dealers put together have got about 700 bookings in total so far. He said minus 30% from this as soft bookings and you still have a huge number to fulfill. He says Hyundai might even be looking at getting a few through CBU route to fulfill the unexpected response but nothing has been finalized yet. He said even they are waiting to see how to fulfill this demand and waiting for updates from the manufacturer. The main draw for his customers has been the ADAS features as per him. Hoping this doesn’t follow in the lines of spurt long wait times.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:25   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Personally I find wireless CarPlay over-rated.
While using wired CarPlay, the head-unit also ends up charging the phone's battery as long as the cable is plugged in (until the phone is fully charged, after which it restarts charging as the load triggers a discharge: recursive charge/discharge cycles occur).

This is not desirable for battery health of an iPhone. Apple recommends charging the phone only when it is discharged to 20% capacity, and charging till 80% capacity (consistent 20 to 80% charging cycles result in optimum long-term battery health). Keeping the cable inserted into the USB socket to use wired CarPlay interferes with this optimum cycle.

Another reason for deteriorated iPhone battery health while using wired CarPlay, is that the battery dissipates more heat. As there's a load as well as charging occurring at the same time. Heat destroys batteries.

Using wireless CarPlay gives one the freedom of NOT having to charge the phone (when it isn't needed).

Doesn't seem like an over-rated feature to me, personally.

Last edited by GoBlue : 28th July 2022 at 18:39.
GoBlue is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 20:57   #673
BHPian

It is with great sadness I report that I have had to cancel my Tucson booking. One unit of the elusive Kodiaq (Style variant) in my preferred colour was available and I took the plunge. The Kodiaq has a lot going for it over the Tucson, and it hits my priorities just right:
  • LED Projectors > LED Reflectors: Hyundai should have carried over the projectors especially since the outgoing model had a decent setup
  • Canton Audio > Bose Audio: The Tucson carries over the same Bose system present in lower models and it is no match for the upgraded 625W sound system in the Kodiaq
  • Wireless Carplay > Wired Carplay: Nothing beats the convenience of just sitting in your car and driving instead of fiddling around with cables
  • 3-zone AC > 2-zone AC: What is the point of bringing over the LWB version without offering 3 zone AC?
  • Physical knobs > Touch-sensitive buttons: Never was a big fan of that weird centre console
  • Leather > Leatherette: Expected in the top models
  • Integrated rear window blinds: Desperately needed for our climate

Of course, the Kodiaq (especially the base variant) misses out on great features like a virtual cockpit, ventilated seats, 360 camera and ADAS Level 2 features but those for me are nice-to-haves and not must-haves.
solaris007 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 22:32   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
It is with great sadness I report that I have had to cancel my Tucson booking. One unit of the elusive Kodiaq (Style variant) in my preferred colour was available and I took the plunge. The Kodiaq has a lot going for it over the Tucson, and it hits my priorities just right:
Congratulations Solaris.
Patience is a virtue that bears great fruits. There is no contest here, it’s a brilliant car the Kodiaq. I am in the same boat, interested in the Tucson because the wait for my German car doesn’t seem to have an end in sight. Look forward to your story and pics in the Kodiaq thread.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 23:56   #675
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
It is with great sadness I report that I have had to cancel my Tucson booking. One unit of the elusive Kodiaq (Style variant) in my preferred colour was available and I took the plunge.
Great choice. I like the Tucson still, mainly because of Hyundai's reputation for reliability. It's not the best, but definitely better than that of Skoda. But a major drawback for the Tucson compared to the Kodiaq, in addition to the excellent ones you have mentioned, is that the Kodiaq has AWD with petrol, sadly missing in the Tucson which only has AWD in the diesel. With the silly 10-15 year rule spreading to more jurisdictions, petrol makes more sense for a long-termer.

Moreover, once the Tucson's prices come out next week, some of these drawbacks are going to be even more glaring because I suspect the price will be much higher than people expect. As it is, the Kodiaq's additional features make it worth paying the premium, and the case becomes stronger if the premium isn't too great. My only concern is that when the car comes back on the market, Skoda will raise prices again!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks