Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:08   #721
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

3000 bookings can be termed “handful” compared to what Mahindra is getting for their SUVs. The hype generation and marketing is a bit drab for the Tucson by HMIL and interestingly they plan their month long marketing after launch . They ideally should have started the marketing 2 weeks back . It just shows Hyundai isn’t expecting to sell a lot of copies of the Tucson . Getting a bad feeling the price is going to be very high .
ChetanM6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 23:04   #722
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

So Kodiaq had allocated ~1200 units for India for a year. Does anyone have data on number of bookings received for Tiguan and C5 so far/annual data?

I just hope Hyundai does not get greedy from start. Though they want to stress on ADAS, they need to understand that this technology will take time to adopt in India due to current infrastructure and though a promising feature, not a deal breaker for many. I'm pretty sure the way we are waiting for prices reveal on August 10th, Tiguan and C5 dealers would be in similar mode

Last edited by Axe77 : 4th August 2022 at 09:12. Reason: Minor typo.
neel911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 09:10   #723
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

New generation Hyundai Tucson July 2022 wholesale: 170 units.
pqr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:06   #724
BHPian

Just spoke to my SA and he shared that Hyundai is going to assemble 500 CKD units per month in India. There are 650 signature dealers across India and he mentioned that they are also confused how Hyundai will manage allocations between them.

If the number of bookings are 3000 then 6 months should be the maximum waiting period for now.

From a price perspective he mentioned the increase will not be very high over the previous generation. However given the launch postponement I feel Hyundai might bump up the prices a little (or more than a little ) when they finally launch it on the 10th of August.
Mick_wanderer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 11:09   #725
Senior - BHPian

4th-gen Hyundai Tucson launch postponed to August 10

Hyundai has postponed the launch of the fourth-generation Tucson to August 10, 2022. The SUV was initially scheduled to go on sale on August 4.

Name:  2021hyundaitucson.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  57.5 KB

Hyundai had opened bookings for the Tucson on July 18. The SUV will be available in two variants – Platinum and Signature.

The new Tucson features Hyundai’s Parametric design with half-mirror type daytime running lights integrated into the grille and LED headlamps placed on the front bumper. The rear of the car features a full-width LED light bar with triangular tail lamp clusters.

The Tucson gets a dual-tone interior with a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit and a digital instrument cluster of the same size. It also gets Hyundai’s new 4-spoke steering wheel. The car comes equipped with Level 2 ADAS, which includes features like forward collision warning, blind-spot assist, lane keep assist, rear cross-traffic alert and more.

The Tucson is powered by a 2.0-litre petrol engine that makes 154 BHP and 192 Nm and a 2.0-litre diesel that makes 183 BHP and 416 Nm. While the former comes with a 6-speed automatic, the diesel engine is paired with 8-speed automatic transmission. The all-wheel drive version comes with three terrain modes – Snow, Mud and Sand.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 4th August 2022 at 11:13.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 16:38   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello All,

My sales rep told that they are waiting for the new price list which means they have already received the pricing from Hyundai & looks like there is some changes.

Note - I also asked how was the current pricing so he told the hike is decent not very high comparing the last Generation model but he didn't share any other information !

Extremely unlikely that the prices were revealed to the dealers for the new Tucson. The car hasn’t even reached their showrooms, there have been no media drives, no marketing campaigns and yet prices would have been revealed? I spoke to almost 3-4 dealers in Bangalore, the standard statement was that the car would be launched on the 10th, hopefully prices would be announced on the same day. Prices, as per each executive, we’re purely speculative. One said that the new Tucson would be priced only at a very slight premium to the old one, whereas the other mentioned that the prices would be far higher. So we just have to wait until the 10th.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 22:26   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Extremely unlikely that the prices were revealed to the dealers for the new Tucson. The car hasn’t even reached their showrooms, there have been no media drives, no marketing campaigns and yet prices would have been revealed? I spoke to almost 3-4 dealers in Bangalore, the standard statement was that the car would be launched on the 10th, hopefully prices would be announced on the same day. Prices, as per each executive, we’re purely speculative. One said that the new Tucson would be priced only at a very slight premium to the old one, whereas the other mentioned that the prices would be far higher. So we just have to wait until the 10th.
That is what my SA told me not sure whether to believe him or not. He told the dealer would get the price one day prior to the official announcement & due to high booking Hyundai has decided to update the price.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-aee3486911804082a3b0f3014cefce9a.jpeg  

Old 4th August 2022, 22:50   #728

Quote:
That is what my SA told me not sure whether to believe him or not. He told the dealer would get the price one day prior to the official announcement & due to high booking Hyundai has decided to update the price.
I was given more or less the same answer. Due to more bookings than anticipated they are yet to get the revised prices. Prior to revision, SA mentioned that top end diesel (4WD) would be around 34L ex-showroom price.

Also he mentioned that test drives will only begin from 18th (10th-18th are reserved for media drives in Hyderabad).
vvbkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 23:32   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvbkumar View Post
I was given more or less the same answer. Due to more bookings than anticipated they are yet to get the revised prices. Prior to revision, SA mentioned that top end diesel (4WD) would be around 34L ex-showroom price.

Also he mentioned that test drives will only begin from 18th (10th-18th are reserved for media drives in Hyderabad).

Ex showroom 34L means on road will reach 39L which is very very High.Last Gen Tucson GLS 4WD Diesel AT Ex showroom price was around 27.50L So this time they might increase around 1.75L to 2.25L maximum that is my prediction.

Thanks!

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 4th August 2022 at 23:33. Reason: added info
Old 5th August 2022, 08:43   #730

The price list of the New Tucson was already released to couple of dealers. Based on what I saw and remember, here is how it looked:

Petrol:
- Signature -> ~26 lac (on road)
- Platinum -> ~29 lac (on road)

Diesel:
- Signature -> ~30 lac (on road)
- Platinum -> ~32 lac (on road)

These prices were shared in the month of July. Now, we need to see if the delayed launch from 4th Aug - 10th Aug will have an impact on this...

Moreover, the SA from Mira Hyundai confirmed yesterday that the car is available in the stockyard and can be visited/viewed.
Old 5th August 2022, 09:09   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Last Gen Tucson GLS 4WD Diesel AT Ex showroom price was around 27.50L So this time they might increase around 1.75L to 2.25L maximum that is my prediction.
A 1.75-2.25L price increase would mean a 6-8% jump over the outgoing model. The last time the old Gen3 Tucson got a price hike was in April 2021, so a 6-8% hike seems to roughly match inflation for the old model. It does not seem like the hike one would see for an all-new, bigger, better equipped, ADAS laden model in an absolute sellers market with better than expected pre-booking numbers. In fact, the 2022 Venue which was just a facelift had an average price increase of 7% if I remember correctly.

To give some context, Hyundai launched the all-new, bigger, better equipped Creta in March 2020, long before chip shortages and 12 month waiting periods. At that time the MEDIAN variant of the Creta got a 15% hike in prices.

So a more realistic expectation would be that the top end AWD would be priced around the lone AWD variant of the VW Tiguan with which the Tucson competes internationally too. Yes, the standard argument against that is that that the Tiguan is a German and commands a premium. But this well-built CKD from Hyundai has the advantage of a Diesel engine, more features and the (perceived?) advantage of level-2 ADAS, not to mention better overall ownership and servicing experience.

Quote:
Ex showroom 34L means on road will reach 39L which is very very High
It's more than that , 34L ex-showroom would be around 41L OTR Chennai. Here is the breakup for another car that’s 34L ex-showroom:

Name:  34L_exsh.png
Views: 442
Size:  19.2 KB
lordrayden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 09:18   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Panda View Post

Petrol:

Diesel:
If this is true it’s going to be a killer price. But definitely it can’t be true - if not wrong even the current gen top end OTR is > 32 lakhs. I would think this to be the showroom price though

Last edited by sunikkat : 5th August 2022 at 09:19.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 09:21   #733

Even I was surprised when I saw this. But still, being optimistic on the pricing. If the petrol top end goes >30, I will have to cancel my booking for sure. Let's hope Hyundai comes up with an aggressive pricing.
Old 5th August 2022, 09:35   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Panda View Post
Based on what I saw and remember, here is how it looked:

Petrol:

Diesel:
This would mean the all-new Tucson's price will be LESS for some variants and SAME for other variants when compared to the outgoing model. Its possible only if its a non-CKD, but seems unlikely.

Here are the outgoing Tucson's prices OTR Pune:

Name:  Tucson_Pune_Prices.png
Views: 412
Size:  45.8 KB
lordrayden is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 09:38   #735

I completely agree. I am not sure on what basis the dealer provided the above prices, and it was not something verbal, he showed me the price list the way we usually see for other cars. The mystery will now be unveiled only on 10th Aug (hoping it's not pushed again)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed