Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 09:50   #736
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
If this is true it’s going to be a killer price. But definitely it can’t be true - if not wrong even the current gen top end OTR is > 32 lakhs. I would think this to be the showroom price though
Few things -
Signature variant is top of the line and not platinum. I think it’s the other way around here.
OTR prices significantly vary across the country.
In the new age of car launches have to keep in mind “introductory pricing”.
Quite sure the dealers haven’t got the updated pricing yet. Hyundai knows very well that dealers can’t keep it under wraps.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:25   #737
pqr
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Top end variant of new generation Tucson is bound to be pricier, at least by ₹ 4 lakhs, as Hyundai is going to launch longer wheelbase version of Tucson in India, with so many price heavy features and USD around ₹ 80 (CKD assembly).

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-tucson.png

Price drivers
  • Longer wheelbase
  • All new spruced up interior
  • All new exterior body panels
  • New headlamps with fancy LED DRL
  • New connected LED tail lamps
  • ADAS level-2
  • 360 camera view
  • Bigger infotainment system
  • Full HD instrument cluster
  • New AC control unit
  • Ventilated front seats
  • Driver seat memory function
  • Ambient lighting
  • Electrically operated tail gate
  • Front passenger seat adjustment system from rear
pqr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:29   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Panda View Post
The price list of the New Tucson was already released to couple of dealers. Based on what I saw and remember, here is how it looked:

Petrol:
- Signature -> ~26 lac (on road)
- Platinum -> ~29 lac (on road)

Diesel:
- Signature -> ~30 lac (on road)
- Platinum -> ~32 lac (on road)

These prices were shared in the month of July. Now, we need to see if the delayed launch from 4th Aug - 10th Aug will have an impact on this...

Moreover, the SA from Mira Hyundai confirmed yesterday that the car is available in the stockyard and can be visited/viewed.

Either it is a typo at your end, or that list was something fake unless you personally know the dealer. Signature is the higher variant and not Platinum.

MODS: You may delete this post since the message was already shared.

Last edited by naikameya : 5th August 2022 at 10:42.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:42   #739

Oops, it was a typo. Thanks for highlighting

However, I was able to find the sheet I was referring to. Attaching here for everyone's reference...

The SA confirmed the models will be Platinum & Signature
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-new_tucson_pricing.jpg  

The Blue Panda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 10:57   #740
BHPian

As far as I know the unofficial word to dealers was 30-32 ex showroom for top diesel variant AWD. Your guess is as good as mine to the accuracy of this though. Still, considering this to be true and now if the dynamics are changing and the price will go upwards, I don't see much traction for the diesel Signature variants, with other (better?) 7 seater options within reach. Looking at the bookings vs production numbers as pointed in the posts earlier, waiting lists will matter too and people will start holding out for and looking again at those Kodiaq bookings.

Another viewpoint is that maybe Hyundai seems supremely confident this time around and wants the reviews out as soon as they launch the car - either that or there was a logistics delay in providing the review cars.
Old 5th August 2022, 10:57   #741
BHPian

I am astonished to see even a dud car (not the car, just sale numbers) could be seeing price revision even before hitting the roads.
The car industry has undergone a dramatic change, for the good.

I vaguely recall Ford Fusion and we used to call it a Big Overpriced Hatch. There was no term as Compact SUV Now Compass retails out of bound any Luxury sedan can reach.
Next entrant Honda Jazz made an over-priced I20 VFM, needless to say, both trade as budget hatches now.

I am aware there are Global supply constraints in the car industry as even a Nissan car demands 3 months of waiting.
For mass favorite SUV/ XUV combo, now sown sapling will hatch in 2024.

Are Pre Liberalization days of Permit/ rationing back for good?
Old 5th August 2022, 11:14   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqr View Post

Price drivers
  • Electrically operated tail gate
One small correction: The outgoing Tuscon also had an electrically operated tailgate on the higher GLS variant, just as it is available with the higher Signature variant on the new Tuscon.
lordrayden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:15   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Panda View Post
Oops, it was a typo. Thanks for highlighting

However, I was able to find the sheet I was referring to. Attaching here for everyone's reference...

The SA confirmed the models will be Platinum & Signature
These are prices for outgoing Tucson model. You can check it here:
https://www.cardekho.com/hyundai/tucson/

These prices might be applicable for any left over inventory of Tucson with any dealer so I would just ignore it.

Another request in general is, if we can post Ex Showroom along with On The Road price. Lot of times, this is not highlighted, which leads to confusion. For eg, Gujarat has about 5% road tax compared to Karnataka with close to 20% so OTR price will vary a lot.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 13:30   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
I'm hearing range of 40-41L OTR Bangalore for top end variant(AWD) and they might want to justify with ADAS.
I heard the same from my SA too, from whom I bought my Tucson 4 months back. 35L exshowroom is what the SA hinted to me at, that makes it close to 41L onroad in BLR for the top end diesel variant.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 13:31   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
I am astonished to see even a dud car (not the car, just sale numbers) could be seeing price revision even before hitting the roads.
The car industry has undergone a dramatic change, for the good.

I vaguely recall Ford Fusion and we used to call it a Big Overpriced Hatch. There was no term as Compact SUV Now Compass retails out of bound any Luxury sedan can reach.
Next entrant Honda Jazz made an over-priced I20 VFM, needless to say, both trade as budget hatches now.

I am aware there are Global supply constraints in the car industry as even a Nissan car demands 3 months of waiting.
For mass favorite SUV/ XUV combo, now sown sapling will hatch in 2024.

Are Pre Liberalization days of Permit/ rationing back for good?
Not an apples to apples comparison anymore. The value of money has also changed multifold, salary levels have increased, so we cannot expect cars to be priced at the same levels, no ? When the Ford Fusion was first launches Rs 50 Lacs per annum was a very aspirational salary, now it has become a benchmark salary for people who have spent two decades in professional life. The humble Masala Dosa has gone up from Rs 60 to Rs 150 in many decent A/C restaurants.

In my view, supply chain scarcity is not the driver of price increase in the market, rather it is the market moving according to the value of money.
The Tucson was never going to sell huge numbers, so there is no point pricing it lower and undercutting margins.

Having said that, the long wait periods are a result of supply chain shortage and that may ease off if normalcy resumes. Though Russia / Ukraine, China / Taiwan, Global Recession, Fed Rate hikes, all point to more volatility lying ahead for us.
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 14:32   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
If this is true it’s going to be a killer price. But definitely it can’t be true - if not wrong even the current gen top end OTR is > 32 lakhs. I would think this to be the showroom price though
Hey, something seems to be wrong here... I was told by my SA that Platinum is a lower model and Signature the top end! I had specifically asked him and was told that "Platinum is the lower one"!
Old 5th August 2022, 14:45   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I heard the same from my SA too, from whom I bought my Tucson 4 months back. 35L exshowroom is what the SA hinted to me at, that makes it close to 41L onroad in BLR for the top end diesel variant.
4 more days to go . I just hope they have some introductory price protection / freebies such as extended Warranty/RSA, something C5 aircross did.

So 10th is launch and 12th is when media reviews are out. Test drives should hopefully be available from 10th/11th as media drives are ending on 9th and those cars would be back. I'm assuming media drive and test drive vehicles would be shared.

Snippet from dealer notification letter:
Quote:
supply of Test Drive car has commenced from July in a phased manner
Old 5th August 2022, 17:01   #748

The previous model 4wd GLS on Road in Gurgaon was 32Lacs, there is no way this one would any close to that. I heard 37-38 OTR for same model from many SA before this price increase rumour....wont be surprised if this touched 40.
Old 5th August 2022, 23:35   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Even am in the same dilemma. I drive less than 700 kms a month and a petrol would make more sense. Today my SA says the petrol top end would be 35 lakhs and that's about 10 lakhs OTR more than Alcazar top end !
Same here, I have my alcazar petrol top end AT booking on hold .Waiting for Tuscon pricing.Alcazar was selected as 5 seater with large boot with occasional use as 7 seater. Tuscon with better space and boot can satisfy my requirement .Mostly looking at petrol as my running will be less than 10k .Also dpf in diesel scars me. SA hinted 33 otr for petrol top end. Considering platinum to be 2 3 lakh cheaper and with BH series the pricing might just come at a striking distance to alcazar top end.any price difference of more than 5lakhs will make alcazar VFM
Old 6th August 2022, 11:21   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Hyundai Tucson arrives at dealer showroom.

- Total 5 variants are on offer, 3 with diesel and 2 in petrol.

Quote:
Powertrain specifications on the new Tucson includes advanced petrol and diesel options.
The 2.0 liter petrol motor offers 156 hp power at 6,200 rpm and 192 Nm torque at 4,500 rpm mated to a 6 speed automatic gearbox.
The 2.0 liter diesel engine is capable of 186 hp power at 4,000 rpm and 416 Nm torque at 2,000-2,750 rpm. The engine gets mated to an 8 speed automatic gearbox. McPherson Strut suspension in front and Multi-Link with Coil Spring at the rear along with HTRAC all-wheel drive system with Multi Terrain Modes and AWD ECU allows for better traction sending torque both to front and rear wheels.
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-2022hyundaitucsondealershowroom5variants.jpg

Name:  2022hyundaitucsondealershowroom5variants2747x420.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  111.3 KB

Name:  newhyundaitucsonhomologated5variantspetroldiesel1429x450.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  79.6 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th August 2022 at 11:25.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks