Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 15:06   #886
BHPian

Re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Here are the prices:

2.0L Diesel:
Platinum AT 2WD: INR 30,19,700
Signature At 2WD INR 32,87,000
Signature AT AWD: INR 34,39,000
2.0 Diesel Signature AT 2WD is right in the C5 Aircross territory. And the new Tucson will have more space, better rear seats, better sound system, better interior, ADAS etc. compared to C5 Aircross. This probably shows how overpriced the C5 is. Can you think of any advantage really of the C5 over the new Tucson really? Only the ride quality may be?
sups is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:11   #887
BHPian

Re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Visited Advaith Hyundai Bellandur showroom just now. Got to experience the car. The car was still being polished and the inauguration are being decorated. Dealership informed that formal pan-India launch will be around 3:30-4 and that time the price will be revealed (I didn't bother asking what was morning's event then).
Coming to the car, the display model was a petrol Signature. Couldn't get any photos. Some points I noted -

- Car looks much much better in flesh than in pictures. My wife loved the looks over the Compass
- It's feels a size larger than Compass and appeared wider than Meridian.
- Take away the badge and this looks like a very European car with good finish inside out.
- To me, the insides felt far more premium than C5 Aircross.
- Centre console hand rest is perfectly positioned and good portion of elbow+hand can be comfortably rested.
- Centre console storage is deep. Glovebox has adequate space too.
- Steering and switchgear has good feel.
- White/light-beige interiors make an already spacious car feel much more roomy.
- Driver seat has a rotary knob to adjust lumbar support along with electronic adjustments and memory function
- Memory seats present on both front seats (driver+passenger) in signature model
- Acres of space (width and legroom) in rear seat
- With driver seat adjusted to my postiion (5'9" height) there was healthy amount of legroom at the back.
- 3 people can easily fit at the back seat, ample shoulder space
- Rear seats are 60:40 split and can be reclined individually. Recline angle is generous too for both.
- Signature model has electronic tailgate but the button to close the tailgate is on the boot door. I prefer Compass's placement in this aspect (on the boot body)
- Boot looks almost as big as C5.
- Boot has retractable top cover like the prev. gen Tucson
- Boot floor didn't seem to be adjustable and spare wheel is below the boot cover.
- Petrol Tucson has full size spare wheel but SA mentioned Diesel will have space saver.

Overall, if OTR price is 40L for Signature diesel, seems justified considering the increase in size, features and overall feel good factor (though pricier than the outgoing car).
Actual price remains to be seen now.
Anduril is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:16   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What Hyundai did is very clever. They were supposed to launch the prices on the Youtube stream at 12 noon today.
Hyundai should be sending a cake to Skoda office and throwing a massive party for Skoda.
The cake is being funded by the seekers of the new Tucson.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:22   #889
BHPian

Bangalore prices . Wow 😮
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-5f96f10d6a994f54b7df3339568f3ff2.jpeg  

ChetanM6 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:28   #890
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What is that 0% AD ON price? Never heard of it before.
m8002? is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:31   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
Bangalore prices . Wow ��

Pretty sure the Hyundai Ioniq 5 OTR will be around Tucson's top-end OTR.

Will be interesting to watch how it plays out.
Old 10th August 2022, 15:34   #892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bangalore prices . Wow 😮
What's the difference between Signature and Signature DT? Is the difference the suite of ADAS offering perhaps? Something else?

Coming to pricing, basically the top of line Tucson and top of line Meridian are about 2.5 L apart - so the vehicle sits a LOT closer to the elder Jeep sibling. Not entirely unimaginable since in its 2022 LWB guise it definitely offers a lot more than the Compass.

If you look around the pricing of most comparable products, frankly the Tucson pricing does not seem THAT out of whack. I mean they're all overpriced by that measure.

All in all I feel a bit better now I didn't postpone my Meridian booking for the Tucson launch. At a 2.5L delta, my decision would have stayed with the Jeep only. Its about 1 - 2 lakh more than what I had also expected.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:37   #893
BHPian

I guess Hyundai took a look at the bookings and competitor prices before deciding. Considering the prices, they could at-least have offered 8/9 airbags, the 1.6L turbo petrol engine and everything else they have omitted from the international version. My 2021 Tucson Diesel suddenly looks value for money.

I am very interested to see how it drives and the monthly sales for the coming months.
Old 10th August 2022, 15:37   #894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
What's the difference between Signature and Signature DT? Is the difference the suite of ADAS offering perhaps? Something else?
Nothing to do with ADAS, DT = Dual Tone
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:38   #895
BHPian

Quote:
What's the difference between Signature and Signature DT?
DT corresponds to Dual Tone color variant.
manumike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:39   #896
BHPian

Quote:
What's the difference between Signature and Signature DT?
DT stands for "Dual Tone" color scheme.
Anyways, I think I will have to most probably cancel my booking for the diesel 2WD signature
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:48   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore prices . Wow 😮
Hyundai is trying to beat CR-V here. For the least value for money product title I believe
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:49   #898
BHPian

I probably would wait for the T-Bhp review to cancel my booking. Below post from Vid6639 in 2023 Kodiaq booking reopening thread throws some light on how Tucson drive characteristics would be -
"Our Tucson review should be live soon and one thing for sure after driving it, Skoda better be worried that customers don't jump ship while waiting for Kodiaq in 2023."

Last edited by manumike : 10th August 2022 at 15:51.
Old 10th August 2022, 15:55   #899
BHPian

The way the (global) markets are moving, pretty soon there is coming a recession, which will most probably cause prices to drop significantly (through the discount route). So if people can hold off their purchases for another 6 months or so, the prices might actually drop to levels which might not seem dizzyingly high.
kosjam is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 15:57   #900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Coming to pricing, basically the top of line Tucson and top of line Meridian are about 2.5 L apart - so the vehicle sits a LOT closer to the elder Jeep sibling. Not entirely unimaginable since in its 2022 LWB guise it definitely offers a lot more than the Compass.
One is CKD and subject to heavy taxation here - so not a fair comparison. But -

The new Tucson is still cheaper than a new Compass in the US, but in India - the base price in India for the new Tucson at 27.7 lakhs is more than the top-end Compass Model-S at 26.14 lakhs.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed