Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 17:48   #916
BHPian

Re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Tiguan's pricing seems more right, the Compass feels more expensive.
man_and_machine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 17:58   #917
BHPian

Re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

So Tiguan is 32.79 ex showroom which is slightly higher than Tucson 2WD Diesel Signature. For people who do not need AWD, either one is good option. AWD comes with 1.5L premium. This may not be case for NCR customers where Diesel is not preferred due to 10 year ban.

Now I see lot of posts where it is assumed that quality of Tiguan is better than Tucson. I would recommend people to check Tucson in person as I feel it is of same level. Again, I'm happy to be corrected once media reviews are out and incase this aspect is covered. Even for earlier generation Tucson, I have not seen any concerns around fit and finish. The brand value is something difficult to change but for me personally Tucson feels more premium from inside over Tiguan. I remember when Tiguan pricing was out, it was tagged as Dead on arrival but here we are where there is already backlog even for Tiguan. At this price point, we have limited options and it'll be interesting to see how many bookings convert in to real sales. Lot of people look at long term ownership cost and experience, something difficult to put a price tag to and that is where Hyundai may excel.

Last edited by neel911 : 10th August 2022 at 17:59.
neel911 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 17:58   #918
BHPian

I'm not surprised by the New Tucson pricing but I'm surprised how you all didn't see this coming (pun intended).

Because Hyundai has created a product in the previous Tucson price range (Alcazar). So it cannot have another product from its lineup overlapping the price range right? So it makes sense for them to give more features and bump up the price. How many people will buy is a different matter but they're breaking into luxury segment with this.
darthvader001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:00   #919
Senior - BHPian

Well this definitely makes the Jeep Compass S / Meridian look value for money. The Tucson will be a better product in most aspects compared to the Jeeps, especially the automatic transmission, but the Jeep brand image is stronger than Hyundai. Also it’s better at off-roading. Both points which make me interested to see how the market will receive this product.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:06   #920
Senior - BHPian

It too was a Korean CKD. It was a proper SUV, with 4WD. It towered over most vehicles. It featured no ADAS, but it was a 7 seater. The 3rd row was strictly kids seats but all were upholstered with Nappa leather. The interior was subtle and elegant. On the road, it looked like a predator.

Caught in a myriad of events and bad luck, it is now a prey. It is still alive, but it is bleeding. Most probably they'll kill it.

Still streaming in select Mahindra showrooms, for a price cheaper than the Tucson 4G. The Mahindra Alturas G4.
sandeepmdas is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:15   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeineAM View Post
The Compass Model S 4x4 suddenly looks more reasonable and capable than the Tucson!
The compass is much smaller car and it has its own issues. No sports mode, not so capable AT and also the rattling issues.
My only grouse is why did Hyundai not offer features like 'shift by wire transmission', 3 zone climate control, etc. This would have further justified its price.
But, I still feel the price is ok(as compared to the competition, mainly C5 aircross and Tiguan) for what Tucson offers and it should be able to sell the numbers which Hyundai expects it to.
axe_deo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 18:27   #922
BHPian

Hello All..

Sharing the chennai pricing information.Highly disappointed was expecting Top end 2WD drive to be priced around 35 to 36 lakhs maximum on road!
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-tucson-price-updated.png  

Last edited by Mathan1130 : 10th August 2022 at 18:28.
Mathan1130 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 19:12   #923
BHPian

Short stint with car at Advaith Hyundai, fit and finish and build quality is top notch, pricier it seems when we look at it from the lens of "it's Hyundai", otherwise it is in same bracket as any premium/luxury entry level SUV.
mgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 19:22   #924
BHPian

Checked out the Tucson in the flesh at the MG Road Dee Emm Hyundai showroom, Gurugram. They have the amazon grey colour on display.

Observations:
1. Feels very premium both inside and outside - there's a beautiful dark grey fabric lining the interior dashboard along with the light grey leather, which looks awesome! Combine that with the knurled switches and the car feels like a million bucks! Well, 3 million in this case
2. The one car which instantly came to mind was the Superb - you will love the rear seat space and the boss button!
3. The Bose sound system did not disappoint - it handled my go to track - David Guetta's Titanium very well. The MG Hector is still the benchmark though.
4. The diesel engine was fired on for some time and was astonishingly silent!
5. The ideal variant would have been a Platinum with the ventilated seats included - this would have justified the premium pricing
6. The amazon grey colour is nice but I'm pretty sure this car will look best in black or red dual tone

I am retaining my booking. Loved the car for what it is - a luxurious, comfortable crossover/SUV for the everyday stress-free drives. The car is overpriced by a couple of lacs, sure - but you will surely give this car a second thought, as it rightly deserves.

Waiting for the test drive now - if it has even 80% of the refinement of the previous gen Tucson, this car will be alright! Could've been GREAT though if Hyundai had not screwed up their pricing strategy mess.

Last edited by reppy : 10th August 2022 at 19:32.
reppy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 19:53   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
I am doubtful if this pricing will be able to take them to the 500 cars per month level...
It would be an outstanding achievement if they could reach triple-digit per month.

Now, C5 Aircross is looking so much more relevant.
gutsy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 20:06   #926
BHPian

The manufacturers are still giving lame petrol engine options(Jeep, Hyundai) despite the market adopting petrol as a ‘cleaner’ option and gaining more acceptance irrespective of segment.

Also, why can’t they provide an AWD option for petrol powered ones? There are so less option if one want to opt a Petrol AWD AT vehicle. I suppose it’s either a Thar on one end and Tiguan on other.

On pricing front , Compass just got way more headroom to inflate its price!

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 10th August 2022 at 20:09.
abhi_tjet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 20:47   #927
BHPian

I see some versions are getting the dual tone interiors.

Does anyone know what the default interior color option is?
Old 10th August 2022, 20:47   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
All valid points. But the Tiguan costs 3L more than Tucson petrol (on-road, NCR). More importantly, it has a space-saver instead of a full-size spare tire . The price difference is less important, IMHO, than the fact that AWD utility is limited if one is uncomfortable taking a car without full-size spare to remote, bad-road locations. I keep telling myself there is no perfect car, but this is really, really
Even I agree that Tiguan itself is overpriced by a lakh or two. But the point is, for 3 lakhs more than the Tucson, you get a much powerful and dynamic car! It's even got AWD as well. So, the difference of 3 Lakhs between Tucson Petrol and Tiguan is justified but both the manufactures should've priced their car slightly cheaper!
I guess that's what happens when your country has poor taxation policies (I appreciate the fact that they're trying to promote 'Make In India' products, but over-taxation is not appreciated!)
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:12   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
So Tiguan is 32.79 ex showroom which is slightly higher than Tucson 2WD Diesel Signature. For people who do not need AWD, either one is good option. AWD comes with 1.5L premium.
As I have said earlier, as with any car it boils down to priorities for every buyer. Do the new age features give you the wow factor, does a peppy engine and performance float your boat or a vfm car. At the end of the it’s the one that tugs at your heart. I do however feel that this Tucson is going to be a significantly better product than their current portfolio. Another thing would be that not a lot of people would want to plonk that kind of dosh and if the volumes are really 500 units a month in about 6 months time if you are willing to wait, there might be a sweet spot to be found for people who like this offering.
Old 10th August 2022, 21:16   #930
BHPian

When are the deliveries going to start?
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks