Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 18:36   #556
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Attaching the India spec brochure here !
The brochure mentions upholstery, steering wheel etc. are leatherette. Thats very disappointing at this price point.
Or am I reading it incorrectly?

Last edited by sunikkat : 18th July 2022 at 18:37.
Old 18th July 2022, 18:50   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobfest View Post
Can't thank you more for your prompt response. Bang on to my needs.
I loved the 2020 Tucson for its understated looks. I hope there is no other rattling noise apart from the Sunroof. I may follow up with you in case I have any other questions. Thanks again for your support!!
Even I prefer the understated looks of the previous gen car but the latest one is loaded with features.

No other rattles from the cabin. Even though the cabin doesn't feel special, the quality of materials used is top notch and everything within touching distance feels solid and well-built. Also, the sunroof rattle is only audible when you drive with the sun shade open on uneven patches of road. It's really faint and kicks in only after you have driven the car for about the first 5000 kms or so.
The below excerpt is from an online forum and states the reason for the sunroof rattle in general.

"That squeak sound from the moonroof could be from the rubber seal of the roof rubbing against the metal frame. It makes that sound if the rubber seal is dirty or if it's starting to dry out a bit. That's why you only hear it when it's closed.

Try spraying some silicone all around the moonroof seal. Rub off the silicone to get the surface nice and clean, and then spray the silicone on again a 2nd time and leave it there ... that helped me get rid of my closed moonroof squeaks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
I have read that only a few select Authorised service centres handle Tucson. Which one of these would you recommend in Hyderabad?
We went ahead with Kun Hyundai, Gachibowli for the purchase of our car. The booking and delivery expereince back then was seamless and we got the variant and colour of our choice in 10 days time.
The routine services have also taken place at the same service centre and the experience with them has been satisfactory. They seem to be well versed with the Tucson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hi.

How is the headlight visibility at nights while driving on
1. Single lane roads with oncoming traffic
2. Expressway
3. Expressway / single roads + heavy rains.
I cannot comment on the headlight visibility of the 4th gen Tucson as some of our friends here have mentioned that it has a different headlight setup compared to the outgoing car. Assuming the current one provides similar levels of performance, here's my response below:

1. Haven't had this experience yet but from a similar scenario in city conditions, struggles when there is oncoming traffic blasting high beam into your face.
2. Good enough for expressways. Sufficiently bright with high beams. Do note I keep it mostly on "Auto" and use the high beam only occasionally when overtaking (like a good citizen). Hehe! Low beam is good enough for expressways if there is vegetation to block light from the other side.
3. Haven't had a proper test in heavy rain on highways but the experience would be typical of how LEDs perform in rain / fog.

_________

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th July 2022 at 21:46. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 18th July 2022, 19:45   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
Hello All,

I have successfully booked Tucson 2.0DSL AT Signature (Starry Night) colour. My 90% usage will be highways so didn't go for AWD.

Thanks !
wow, Venue picture for a tucson booking, I fail to understand how such big MNC with such hige manpower and testing fail to miss out such details.

Congrats on your car mathan, it sure is a great car, wish Hyundai had not cut corners and had also provided Three zone climate control, shift by wire and Paddle shifters.

Let's hope for some good price reveal on 4th.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:15   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hi.

How is the headlight visibility at nights while driving on
1. Single lane roads with oncoming traffic
2. Expressway
3. Expressway / single roads + heavy rains.
The LED headlights of the newer model are reflectors (MFR) vs the projectors present in the top variant of the previous generation.

This is seriously disappointing at this price point. I would trade ambient lighting, wireless charging and the ADAS features in a heartbeat for LED projectors, rear window blinds, black interiors and 3 zone climate control
solaris007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:25   #560
BHPian

Kerala ex-showroom prices for previous gen Tucson were –
PL 2WD AT GL (O) – 22,69,100
PL 2WD AT GLS – 24,37,100
DSL 2WD AT GL (O) – 24,74,100
DSL 2WD AT GLS – 26,08,100
DSL 4WD AT GLS – 27,47,100

Given that Signature variant gets ADAS, expecting the price difference between Platinum and Signature variants of the new Tucson to be more than what was between GL(O) and GLS variants. If Hyundai really intends to take on competition in this segment, they should price it aggressively with PL Platinum variants starting at 22.99 L or 23.99 L and pricing of other variants might then be -
PL 2WD AT Platinum – 22,99,000
PL 2WD AT Signature – 25,99,000
DSL 2WD AT Platinum – 26,49,000
DSL 2WD AT Signature – 29,49,000
DSL 4WD AT Signature – 30,99,000

Above looks too optimistic and a more possible pricing might be –
PL 2WD AT Platinum – 24,99,000
PL 2WD AT Signature – 27,99,000
DSL 2WD AT Platinum – 28,49,000
DSL 2WD AT Signature – 31,49,000
DSL 4WD AT Signature – 32,99,000

That was just my take on pricing. What does everyone else think?

Last edited by manumike : 18th July 2022 at 20:33.
Old 18th July 2022, 20:47   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post
Above looks too optimistic and a more possible pricing might be –
DSL 2WD AT Platinum – 28,49,000
DSL 2WD AT Signature – 31,49,000
DSL 4WD AT Signature – 32,99,000

I liked this assumption coz this will help Hyundai to snatch some sales from XUV 700. Only thing I disagree would be the difference between Diesel and Petrol to be that high. My assumption would be

DSL 2WD AT Platinum – 27,49,000
DSL 2WD AT Signature – 30,49,000
DSL 4WD AT Signature – 31,99,000
Pankajm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 21:07   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
The brochure mentions upholstery, steering wheel etc. are leatherette. Thats very disappointing at this price point.
Or am I reading it incorrectly?
Looks like it.

I'm curious as to what cars in India comes with genuine leather seats these days (bar the luxury brands, well most of the luxury ones also have leatherette for base models)?

I know Jeep Meridian and Skoda Kodiaq does come with genuine leather, any others that come to mind under 50 lakhs?
Old 18th July 2022, 21:20   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
wow, Venue picture for a tucson booking, I fail to understand how such big MNC with such hige manpower and testing fail to miss out such details.

Congrats on your car mathan, it sure is a great car, wish Hyundai had not cut corners and had also provided Three zone climate control, shift by wire and Paddle shifters.

Let's hope for some good price reveal on 4th.
Even I was disappointed that Venue Picture was showing when the booking was done for their Flagship product! I miss the full black interiors badly if Hyundai could provide an option to choose the colour it will be great ! Again missing the SBW transmission is a big disappointment I never expected this level cost cutting specific to India even being a CKD unit!

I am existing owner for Elite i20 Diesel have driven 1,30,000 KM & the car is 7 years old now. The main reason to choose Tucson is because of the powerful Diesel Engine & 8 speed Gearbox.

It is i20 *2 when it comes to BHP/ Torque figures.

90 bhp to 186 bhp
220 Nm Torque to 416 Nm Torque

Anxiously waiting for the price announcement .
Mathan1130 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 21:34   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
I cannot comment on the headlight visibility of the 4th gen Tucson as some of our friends here have mentioned that it has a different headlight setup compared to the outgoing car. Assuming the current one provides similar levels of performance, here's my response below:
Thanks for the quick reply, umairalvi!
Guys, is there by any chance a way to change the LEDs from pure white to yellow?
I drive a lot at night, in the rains and through fog!!
Old 18th July 2022, 21:41   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumike View Post

They have already given hints by saying that the Tucson competes with the top models of the Jeep Compass, the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Citroen C5 aircross.

So, I expect the top-of-the-line model to cross 33 lakhs ex-showroom. Am I being too pessimistic ?
Old 18th July 2022, 22:04   #566

The attached might help.With incoming trafic, am almost blinded.Visibily is good for surfaces with reflectors.I feel Hector and xuv700 have a better throw.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-ph20180403071115000004.jpg  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-ph20180403071638000006.jpg  

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-ph20180403073437000007.jpg  

Surfer84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 22:14   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathan1130 View Post
It is i20 *2 when it comes to BHP/ Torque figures.

90 bhp to 186 bhp
220 Nm Torque to 416 Nm Torque

Anxiously waiting for the price announcement .
That will Probably be i20 *3
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 22:32   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
So, I expect the top-of-the-line model to cross 33 lakhs ex-showroom. Am I being too pessimistic ?
33 lakhs is too much for this car. That will cross 40 lakhs Bangalore . No offence but 40 lakhs is too much for a Hyundai.
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 22:43   #569
BHPian

Anyone who had pre-booked the Tucson with dealer directly earlier, did they get any email/sms confirmation post official booking opening today? My SA(with whom I have pre-booked Tucson by paying 25K) was going to get back post successful entry in dealer system but I didn't get a chance to follow up later today. Also, so far there has not been any ask to pay the remaining 25K for booking (since its 50K now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
33 lakhs is too much for this car. That will cross 40 lakhs Bangalore . No offence but 40 lakhs is too much for a Hyundai.
I'm expecting the top end AWD variant to be around 38 OTR (inclusive of insurance). The outgoing one was about ~34.5L OTR in Bangalore. I so much envy other states such as Gujarat where road tax is about 5%(much better road infrastructure and condition) compared to 20% here(do roads even exist here?)
Old 18th July 2022, 22:46   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
They have already given hints by saying that the Tucson competes with the top models of the Jeep Compass, the Volkswagen Tiguan and the Citroen C5 aircross.

I agree with your analysis. With ADAS planned for CRETA (lets remember this is more important for Hyundai) too, Tucson will have premium pricing and will be aspirational for customers.

They have already spilled the beans on pricing by indicating the target competition. Lack of MT and continuing with CKD are just connecting the dots to complete the story.

At best, I am hoping for some kind of introductory pricing but that's me being super optimistic.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks