Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 11:53   #631
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I doubt Tucson has wireless CarPlay. Infact none of the Hyundai cars with 10.25’’ HU had wireless CarPlay. Not sure whether they changed anything for Tucson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
That's right. Globally also this system doesn't support Wireless options. They have 8" system in entry level variant in some countries which surprisingly supports Wireless options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
Correct. No wireless CarPlay. I think it’s a great package. Waiting for some official confirmation that it is indeed a CKD.
Surprising! Considering many cars a rung or two lower in the Hyundai stable get it.

But then the same can be said about VW, the 1.5 TSI siblings also have it. Or had it. Or don’t have it anymore. Or may never have it ever. (TFT unit downgrades make for excellent sarcasm fodder).

Agree with EaurougeatSpa. The price shall lend perspective to this conversation.
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:02   #632
Senior - BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
Surprising! Considering many cars a rung or two lower in the Hyundai stable get it.
Hyundai has wireless CarPlay with 8 inch units and not 10.25 inch ones. So for example i20 lower variants have wireless CarPlay while top ones have wired.
Personally I find wireless CarPlay over-rated.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:09   #633
BHPian

@GTO When can we expect the Official TeamBHP review for the new Tuscon?
naikameya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:55   #634
BHPian

With the number of Tucson searches I did on YouTube since last 2 weeks , YouTube suggested me this video this morning -
Is the build quality that bad ?! Disappointed. Hope the Indian car is better built .

Last edited by ChetanM6 : 23rd July 2022 at 13:06.
ChetanM6 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 12:58   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetanM6 View Post
With the number of Tucson searches I did on YouTube since last 2 weeks . YouTube suggested me this video -
Is the build quality that bad ?!
If you apply the full force of your limbs on to a small section of an area that is meant to deform under impact, what do you expect ? If that part stays rigid, the impact force will be transferred inside the cabin. I think there has been enough said on this forum to conclude that a thud on door closing is not an indicator of build quality. Similarly deformation of crumple zones is not an indicator of bad build quality.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 23rd July 2022 at 13:02.
fhdowntheline is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 13:27   #636
BHPian

I wanted a take a picture sitting on my Kodiaq bonnet on my spiti trip. Since it was a bit slanted i had to jump up on my behind and it caused a slight dent on the bonnet. I was surprised and actually wasn't expecting that. But like above user said it suddenly didn't make the car less safe.
Old 23rd July 2022, 20:48   #637

Hello everyone,

It is so good to be on this exciting forum with like minded enthusiasts. This is my first post on this forum with my membership having been approved only earlier today.

In relation to the Tucson, I have been noticing some different views on whether this car would be a CKD version or a completely made in India project. Subject to correction, I do not think the company has made any official announcement with the Tucson being a CKD unit. One would assume that if that were the case, the company would have in fact publicised that fact unless of course they feel that the make in India badge would help them garner more interest.

So my question essentially is this - I just want to check with the others as to where are they getting this information on the car being a CKD unit? And relatedly, are we to presume a lesser quality (and therefore arguably a lesser degree of safety) if the car is fully manufactured in India and is not a CKD unit?

I am not sure if others feel the same way but spending close to 35-40 lakhs on a car, one would expect a robustly built safe car with a good solid NCAP score.

Thank you!
Old 23rd July 2022, 20:54   #638
BHPian

Booked 4WD version in Phantom Black. SA was well informed but remained tight lipped on most of questions. He indicated on road price in range of 35 - 38 lakhs. Though it seems bit on higher side. He was confident that it's not a CKD unit. He said the test drive vehicle will reach by month end. They have quoted delivery period of 16 weeks already and claimed to have received 40 odd bookings so far of which majority are 2WD DSL Signature version. Pricing will decide the fate of 2022 Tucson but Hyundai seems to have positioned well to fill the void in 30-40L bracket.
LeoMachine is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 22:27   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Booked 4WD version in Phantom Black. SA was well informed but remained tight lipped on most of questions. He indicated on road price in range of 35 - 38 lakhs. Though it seems bit on higher side. He was confident that it's not a CKD unit. He said the test drive vehicle will reach by month end. They have quoted delivery period of 16 weeks already and claimed to have received 40 odd bookings so far of which majority are 2WD DSL Signature version. Pricing will decide the fate of 2022 Tucson but Hyundai seems to have positioned well to fill the void in 30-40L bracket.
Pretty much what my dealer and management have been saying as well. Most likely not a CKD. Very brisk bookings received so far. Top end will be around 35-38
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 22:54   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Pretty much what my dealer and management have been saying as well. Most likely not a CKD. Very brisk bookings received so far. Top end will be around 35-38
As per the SA I have booked with at Trident, he confirmed it is CKD. Looking at some of conflicting posts from other dealers it is probably best for Hyundai to confirm the same officially

I am so surprised that such a basic clarification was not obtained by any of the media personnel during the 13th launch .

MODS: Any clarity on when the official test drive reviews will be out
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 23:14   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
As per the SA I have booked with at Trident, he confirmed it is CKD. Looking at some of conflicting posts from other dealers it is probably best for Hyundai to confirm the same officially

I am so surprised that such a basic clarification was not obtained by any of the media personnel during the 13th launch .

MODS: Any clarity on when the official test drive reviews will be out
Agree with you should have been covered in the launch by the company rather than left for speculation.
Old 24th July 2022, 10:25   #642
Senior - BHPian

New Hyundai Tucson is a CKD product - Source

Quote:
Like its predecessor, the Tucson comes to India as a CKD (completely knocked down) kit and is assembled here.
Hyundai Tucson vs rivals: specifications comparison

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-smartselect_20220724102555_chrome.jpg

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-smartselect_20220724102603_chrome.jpg

- Tucson is the longest SUV in its class by quite a margin, and it also has the longest wheelbase.

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-smartselect_20220724102615_chrome.jpg

- Compared to its petrol rivals, the Tucson has the largest engine, but is naturally aspirated, while the Compass and the Tiguan both feature turbo-petrol units.

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-smartselect_20220724102631_chrome.jpg

- Tucson that has the highest power and torque figures here. The C5 Aircross comes in second, while the Compass is the least powerful of the lot.

- Tucson and Compass also get the option of all-wheel drive with their diesel-automatic powertrains.

- Hyundai Tucson only SUV with ADAS.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th July 2022 at 10:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 11:46   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you should have been covered in the launch by the company rather than left for speculation.
Just got a confirmation from my dealer that it is indeed a CKD.
Old 24th July 2022, 12:33   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Top end will be around 35-38
This price range is just sweet if true . My SA is already hinting 40 lakhs for top end
Old 24th July 2022, 13:03   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
They have quoted delivery period of 16 weeks already and claimed to have received 40 odd bookings so far of which majority are 2WD DSL Signature version.
Is this 16 weeks delivery period for those that book now or does it apply for all bookings? I really hope it is the former. I pre-booked the car and there is no way I am waiting for 4-5 more months for delivery.

The current state of the car market is just so absurd and frustrating.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed