Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 15:50   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Mod Note: Our 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Next-Gen Hyundai Tucson Spotted Testing In India!

4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh-2021hyundaitucsonspied11200x728.jpg

Link

Last edited by Aditya : 12th August 2022 at 10:14. Reason: Link to review added
volkman10 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 16:16   #2
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th-gen Hyundai Tucson spotted in South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
That's great to know . Really hope that they launch the entry level variants at the same price as the exisiting generation. The 'top end variants' will definitely be close to the 35L ex-showroom price IMO. Wonder if they have any plans for the all new Elantra since it was launched before the Tucson globally. With the Octavia having moved half a segment above, hope that Hyundai offers us the Elantra at a competitive price.

Last edited by manson : 25th March 2022 at 09:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
AYP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 18:39   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea which petrol engine will it get? Wish it's the 1.6L T-GDi and can only hope it's not the same 2L as the current gen Tucson or of the slightly updated one from the Alcazar.

Last edited by manson : 25th March 2022 at 09:21. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 28th October 2021, 19:09   #4
BHPian

This Tuscon exterior is definitely a no-no for me.
Full of creases and blings, it looks like a UFO.

And if launched in India, it will land heavily on the pocket with starting price upwards of 30L which puts it in the mature buyer's segment. I think most of the mature buyer's will not like this design (especially the exterior). This probably is one of the reasons, why it is not considered for India.
Livnletcarsliv is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 21:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not that Autocar gets all their articles correct, but they have not listed the Tucson as one of the new cars for 2022. In fact there has hardly been any buzz about this car for India!

Is Hyundai once again ignoring the Tucson and Elantra for india? I think the Tucson has a great opportunity to be a good competitor to the compass, but looking at the prices of the new Creta and the Alcazar, I wouldn’t be surprised if Hyundai pitched this even higher than the Jeep Compass!

Last edited by manson : 25th March 2022 at 09:22. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 29th October 2021, 07:51   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

Thanks for sharing, Volkman10! Moving your post out to a new thread .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any important post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 12:58   #7
BHPian

re: 4th-Gen Hyundai Tucson spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 27.70 lakh

I hope that this is the Tucson, and not the facelift Creta.

When you park the vehicles side-by-side, there is no major "dimensional" differences, they have the same wheelbase and height. (noticed the same when i parked my creta next to a tucson in a market).

This could be a good XUV7OO competitor provided Hyundai plays its cards right. Hyundai reliability & After sales service & technology (to an extent) is ahead of M&M.
Old 29th October 2021, 14:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
This Tuscon exterior is definitely a no-no for me.
Full of creases and blings, it looks like a UFO.

And if launched in India, it will land heavily on the pocket with starting price upwards of 30L which puts it in the mature buyer's segment. I think most of the mature buyer's will not like this design (especially the exterior). This probably is one of the reasons, why it is not considered for India.
Couldn’t agree more. Absolutely can’t stand Hyundai’s new design language. The present Tucson is a such good looking car, alas if I only had that much moolah, I would have gladly had one in my garage now.

This new one on the other hand has way too many things going on exterior wise. Interiors are fab though.

This would propably touch 40L onroad in BLR.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 14:38   #9
BHPian

Does that look like a 7 seater variant? There were rumours (not too sure) of Hyundai bringing only the 7 seater variant of the Tucson here.
Old 29th October 2021, 14:49   #10
R_R
BHPian

This is terrific news. So many folks have been waiting for this to be launched, (including me!). Based on many reviews I've read & viewed on YouTube from US/Australia/Europe, this is a great small-medium SUV, and it's coming in in a segment that is wide open -- the 25-35L one. It should do very well, if they price it well. I agree that its UFO/stealth-fighter external looks is a bit over done, but I am willing to overlook that, as I am sure many will too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivs2003 View Post

When you park the vehicles side-by-side, there is no major "dimensional" differences, they have the same wheelbase and height. (noticed the same when i parked my creta next to a tucson in a market).
Not sure this is true. The new Tucson -- at least based on the one sold in Australia -- is longer, wider & taller than the Creta. And longer & wider than even the Alcazar, though the Alcazar has slightly longer wheelbase and height.
Old 29th October 2021, 15:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Not sure this is true. The new Tucson -- at least based on the one sold in Australia -- is longer, wider & taller than the Creta. And longer & wider than even the Alcazar, though the Alcazar has slightly longer wheelbase and height.
I was basing my point on the old Tucson. Minor differences are bound to be there, but from a human-eye view, the old model does not "stand out" larger than the creta.
shivs2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 15:37   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The present Tucson is a such good looking car, alas if I only had that much moolah, I would have gladly had one in my garage now.
This new one on the other hand has way too many things going on exterior wise. Interiors are fab though.
The current Tuscon is a very subtle-looking car. Yes looks wise it's not as impressive as a Harrier or Compass, it's definitely a worthy contender.
The only big letdown of the current Tuscon is its interiors - looks too dated and doesn't justify the premium price tag either.

Hyundai's design language in recent times (for all the models) looks like they hired someone from the jewellery industry to head its design dept. Ridiculous and obnoxious designs.
Old 29th October 2021, 22:06   #13
BHPian

This is such a brilliant news. I have been eyeing this car for so long. It’s going to be this vs compass. Heart says compass but the mind has been pointing to new speced Tucson.

Just keeping my fingers crossed on the pricing front. Hope they don’t charge a bomb for this. Anything close to outgoing model and my hunch is this car is going to be a solid competition to compass and possibly xuv700 too.
Old 29th October 2021, 23:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

The only Hyundai I like is current gen Tucson. It’s a handsome looking car with straight lines, more European and less of bling. Though the interiors are very outdated and not very involving to drive like Compass.
But not a fan of new gen design at least in pictures, looks very loud with those lights and unnecessary creases. I guess they are doing what the market wants.
sunikkat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 00:16   #15
BHPian

A welcome entry in a segment that is wide open in India. Youtube videos show that it comes packed with futuristic features. Hyundai should plan an early launch, As some people who are not finding all the goodies in XUV7OO, safari or Innova despite paying around 28 lakh might readily switch to tucson if it is bundled well with all the bells and whistles.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks