Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Honda Civic is finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2437-honda-civic-finally-here-10.html)

BUSA 21st June 2006 00:25

I can confirm its 132bhp.. hopefullt it will whip a RS in straight line depends on its weight since the Indian Civic is on a strict diet, most features seem to have be stripped out, Honda Cars are popular with Wadrobe Malfunctions.. Sad..

Fuelled 21st June 2006 00:26

The car will be in the 10-12 lakhs range. Depending on transmission and trim.

devarshi84 21st June 2006 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMG
I heard it is only 110 as aganist 125 in corolla and 150 in RS.
Is this true?

125-127-130 are the most likely figures with a detune from 140.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels
It would be around 11-13 L. They gonna place it to kill the market of Octavia and Corolla.. Honda is just short of a premium hatchback now :) After small car they will have descent apprearance in every category..

Cheers
NeoOnWheels

Palio 1.2 NV Sport/13KMPL

First and foremost. At 12lacs or above civic is surely a loser to Skoda RS/ Hyundai Sonata/Honda Accord/lancer Cedia/corolla. Honda is certainly not dumb enough to do that. ANd by chance if they do price it above 12 and getaway with it, I will repent on being an Indian.

Secondly Skoda RS at the price is giving double the kit and standard Features that Civic can only think of. xenon lights, Sunroof with moonroof, 16" Alloys etc etc etc. and I am not even taking into account the 1.8 TPI with turbo

ajmat 21st June 2006 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Secondly Skoda RS at the price is giving double the kit and standard Features that Civic can only think of. xenon lights, Sunroof with moonroof, 16" Alloys etc etc etc. and I am not even taking into account the 1.8 TPI with turbo


Then why do more people buy a C class instead of a Skoda Superb - same equation - ditto Accord over Embera

amitoj 21st June 2006 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Secondly Skoda RS at the price is giving double the kit and standard Features that Civic can only think of. xenon lights, Sunroof with moonroof, 16" Alloys etc etc etc. and I am not even taking into account the 1.8 TPI with turbo

Yeah but it fails to provide a usable backseat!!

Amitoj

devarshi84 21st June 2006 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Then why do more people buy a C class instead of a Skoda Superb - same equation - ditto Accord over Embera

Will a Honda competitor to Mercedes be successful in the Indian market?

mercedes benz has the Brand value in India that Honda can only dream of attaining. Skoda had similar problems with Superb.

But here the case is different. Skoda RS is already proven in the Indian market with more features and performance. Skoda has actually penetrated Honda Accords market. How do you expect Honda to take on a more powerful competitor that posseses eually high brand image? And there is always the Skoda Rider TPI. Hence I am sure Civic will be around 10-11.


I have already been scratching my Head since NHC became a hit. It's a good and able car but priced explicitly higher than competition.


Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj
Yeah but it fails to provide a usable backseat!!

Will less space at the backseat of skoda be the determining factor in your buying a car among the 2?

amitoj 21st June 2006 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Will less space at the backseat of skoda be the determining factor in your buying a car among the 2?

Of course!! If i am dishing out close to 12 lakhs on a car, and that car is the ONLY car i am gonna have, then i would like to have a complete car na? One that would seat at least 5 people comfortably!
Oh and it becomes an even more important criteria for me in the light of the fact that since i am 6 ft 2 inches tall, the driver's seat will be pushed back to the maximum.

Amitoj

devarshi84 21st June 2006 11:05

Amitoj, I agree with you completely. Since you are 6.2 you need a spacious car. But the backseat space here is less as in the the least in the segment but still better than c segment cars.

And agreed that skoda is not the right car for you. What do you think is the logical price for a Cedia/Elantra/Optra competitor that is almost similarly equipped?

If civic is priced at 13 or above, are you sure you wont have second thoughts for a Optra/Cedia/Elantra/Corolla?

amitoj 21st June 2006 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
If civic is priced at 13 or above, are you sure you wont have second thoughts for a Optra/Cedia/Elantra/Corolla?

Actually, looking at the soaring petrol prices, i'd be left with only elantra crdi, if i am in the market for a sedan.

But talking about Civic's pricing, i wont be surprised if Honda charge a premium for their badge... civic does have an enjoyable reputation internationally and there will be no shortage of people willing to pay that little extra too.

Amitoj
PS: Nice signature... yeah where are those fuel cells?

devarshi84 21st June 2006 11:38

Thanks for the sig.

you are right about Elantra CRdi. Just for your information, cedia CNG is just around the corner to be released. I dunno if any other manufacturer is also coming out but options are always good.

Even with being one of the best selling cars all around civic is priced the same all around the world.

goldie_malhotra 21st June 2006 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
But here the case is different. Skoda RS is already proven in the Indian market with more features and performance. Skoda has actually penetrated Honda Accords market. How do you expect Honda to take on a more powerful competitor that posseses eually high brand image? And there is always the Skoda Rider TPI. Hence I am sure Civic will be around 10-11.

I think Honda is trying to attack the Corolla/Elantra/Optra market-share, rather than the Skoda as 80-90% skoda sales would be the diesel octy.

Though RS is an enthusiasts dream, there are very few enthusiasts with that kind of budget. So, the Civic has no threat from the RS except in terms of respect among the enthusiast crowd.
Honda will always try to position the Civic as a pre-dominantly entry-level luxury car, with some extra power to be used to zip around the city/highway, and not as a higher-end boy-racer's dream car.

amitoj 21st June 2006 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Just for your information, cedia CNG is just around the corner to be released. I dunno if any other manufacturer is also coming out but options are always good.

Hmmm... a CNG cedia.. sounds like a good option... i do have a soft corner for the handling abilities of lancer and its derivatives. But wont the limited availability of CNG be a deterrent? I mean, i dont want to worry about whether i will get fuel for my car or not when i go on a long drive to a remote
hill station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Even with being one of the best selling cars all around civic is priced the same all around the world.

hehe... honda is known to extract more juice out of its indian consumer base..

Amitoj

Shan2nu 21st June 2006 11:55

I dunno what you guys are talking about. Bottom line : there's no doubt that the Civic is going to do well in India.

If something like the NHC could sell with premium pricing, why can't a Civic? As far as the pricing goes, wait till the 4th of July and you'l know for yourselves.

Shan2nu

devarshi84 21st June 2006 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
I think Honda is trying to attack the Corolla/Elantra/Optra market-share, rather than the Skoda as 80-90% skoda sales would be the diesel octy.

Though RS is an enthusiasts dream, there are very few enthusiasts with that kind of budget. So, the Civic has no threat from the RS except in terms of respect among the enthusiast crowd.
Honda will always try to position the Civic as a pre-dominantly entry-level luxury car, with some extra power to be used to zip around the city/highway, and not as a higher-end boy-racer's dream car.

dats exactly wat I am trying to say. Its gunning for Optra/Cedia/Corolla/Elantra territory and that's why it will be priced at 10-11

Quote:

hehe... honda is known to extract more juice out of its indian consumer base..

Amitoj
Whew!!! Atleast people know about it

BUSA 21st June 2006 12:23

Quote:

Will less space at the backseat of skoda be the determining factor in your buying a car among the 2?
Those who dont sit in the back seat will always think so. I dont understand why would a person shell out 15Lacs for a RS when you can get a Toyota Celica for 18L, both have same rear legroom and again Will less space at the backseat of celica be the determining factor in your buying a car among the 2?

Quote:

Will a Honda competitor to Mercedes be successful in the Indian market?

mercedes benz has the Brand value in India that Honda can only dream of attaining. Skoda had similar problems with Superb.
Who said that, Honda is the only manufacturer in India which has more or similar brand value as the Merc, infact people have more blind faith in Honda then in Mercedes, so Honda aint dreaming, they are living their dreams, rather Power of dreams.

Quote:

But the backseat space here is less as in the the least in the segment but still better than c segment cars.
Honda City (New)/Optra 1.6 have way more legroom and more space at the back then the NHC, even Skoda guys agree on that.

Quote:

Cedia/Elantra/Optra competitor that is almost similarly equipped?
The Skoda is equipped well but the car is not apt for people more then 6 footers. Even when the drivers seat is pushed back to the max( i am not even considering the rear passenger behind the driver) butttttt the driver himself cannot sit comfortably, the steering wheel touches your thigh and your head touches the roof. Also look at the Skodas UK site and you will see that the Indian Octy has similar price as the Laura (Octavia II) in UK, so who is doping us, Skoda or Honda?? Atleast Hondas have down to earth spares so once you buy it you can atleast live with it. The Laura hasnot been able to affect the sales of the 3.0L Ivtec Accord because of the name and the cost of spares.

Quote:

If civic is priced at 13 or above, are you sure you wont have second thoughts for a Optra/Cedia/Elantra/Corolla?
I would surely have buttttttt still the Civic would sell like hot cakes and it still would be the pick of the class.

Quote:

cedia CNG is just around the corner to be released. I dunno if any other manufacturer is also coming out but options are always good.
Chevrolet s coming up with a CNG powered Optra. But i feel LPG would make much more sense since its easy to find at pumps as well as its more efficient and doesnot harm the engine as much as CNG and there is no loss in power.

P.S devarshi i guess the 1.8 TPI engine is make you go towards the Skoda, but they have not even built it, the engine has been built by Audi so no credit to Skoda at all, only thing Skoda is good at designing similar looks cars, the Fabia, OCty, Laura, Superb all looks so sodaish and then add the features from the parent VAG of companies and thats the only reason why Skoda brand is still living.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:40.