Team-BHP - The Honda Civic is finally here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Honda Civic is finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2437-honda-civic-finally-here-11.html)

Tentative prices for the Civic are:

Manual : Rs. 10.70 (Ex-showroom)

Auto: Rs. 11.50-11.70 (Ex-showroom)

Manual prices are nearly confirmed and could vary by about +-5% but auto prices are not confirmed yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava
Tentative prices for the Civic are:

Manual : Rs. 10.70 (Ex-showroom)

Auto: Rs. 11.50-11.70 (Ex-showroom)

Manual prices are nearly confirmed and could vary by about +-5% but auto prices are not confirmed yet.

Latest Update from a reliable source.

Base Manual: Rs. 9.80 (Ex-showroom)

Fully Loaded Manual : Rs. 10.70-10.80 (Ex-showroom)

Auto (5-speed): Rs. 11.50-11.70 (Ex-showroom)

Standard equipment atleast on the loaded versions includes Airbags, ABS, 6-cd In-dash changer w/MP3, climate control etc.

Will update as & when I get more details.

At 11 L its gonna be in the Optra/Cedia/Corolla leauge.... Man !!!! Honda is gonna kill the market... Indian ppl ve lot of repect for Honda badge so no wonder ppl are paying lot of bucks on city... About the premium luxury, Honda Accord is selling quite good dominating the market... Toyota is still struglling with the Camry.. Hyundai is out with Sonata (Though I personally like both Sonata versions, the new one has dual exhaust I guess)... Now the pricing of 10-11 L by Honda gonna stir the market...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 NV/13 KMPL/AND IT ROCKS !!!

hey neo , i read some place in the Times of india that the new camry was selling real good and is over booked or something.

anyways i think the honda will earn a lot coz of its badge and its good performance which is no doubt .

Quote:

Standard equipment atleast on the loaded versions includes Airbags, ABS, 6-cd In-dash changer w/MP3, climate control etc.

THAT is a killer price!!! Expect to see a discount war just around the corner.

By the way, what will be the impact of the new insurance rules in this whole equation, when they come into effect? It will leave Skoda totally out of breath, given the cost of its spares! Smart move by Honda to localise the parts of civic as much as possible.

Amitoj

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Honda is certainly not dumb enough to do that. ANd by chance if they do price it above 12 and getaway with it, I will repent on being an Indian.

Hmm - I guess you better start practising , Dev ...:p

A Honda Civic with 4 seats and absolutely stripped down interiors will sell like hot cakes here at 12 lacs .......RS or no RS.

Thats the Indian Market. Lets hope we get atleast most of the features thats available on civics elsewhere

@ amitoj i guess the civic would eat up a great amount of corolla competition and optra too at these prices. octavia might jus survive because of the diesel variants its offering . anyways ! cheers HONDA civic

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200mph
@ amitoj i guess the civic would eat up a great amount of corolla competition and optra too at these prices. octavia might jus survive because of the diesel variants its offering . anyways ! cheers HONDA civic

The Corolla in any case has not been selling very well in the recent past with discounts of upto Rs 1+ lakh being offered. And once the Civic comes in you can really expect the sales to tank badly. And Optra too would take a hit. As for the Octavia the diesel versions are safe but petrol anyways is a niche seller and is favoured by enthusiasts only. Before the RS came along the 2.0 petrol was sold in very small numbers and I hardly saw any on the road, post-RS the sales have picked up a bit because of it being a relatively affordable performance car.

But all you guys do not expect the Civic to be a performance car. It is going to be tuned for Luxury & Comfort first and foremost and that is the market Honda is aiming at. Tapping the performance/boy-racer market is the last thing on Honda's mind with the Civic

Quote:

Wow.:Cheering: If these prices are something to go by, then Honda has a winner in place, much before the Civic is launched itself. It wonderfully bridges the gap between the NHC and the Accord. The pricing has been cleverly arrived at and we can expect the Corollas, Cedias etc to run for cover. This should really churn up the scene in that segment. A few more days to go and we can get a clearer picture of the price and specs.

IMO, a premium (if at all it is charged by Honda) is paid only when it is due. Indians are as sensible consumers as any other on the planet. Keep hearing about the NHC being sold at a premium price. The difference between BalenoVxi and NHC-base model ex-showroom prices is less than 30K. Agreed that there are quite some discounts available on the Baleno, but then factor in the fact that the NHC is a much newer car, more FE etc. The current crop of Aveos, Fiestas etc are also in and around the NHC price band too. So, what's the big deal about premium for Honda cars? And factor in the legendary Honda reliability, low maintenance, cheap spares etc and the premium, if any, is IMO justified.

@ 200mph, Yes Toyota had a big hole on their pocket due to Accord.. The new Camry is stunning... I like its nose... it looks awesome in sliver color... But I believe Camry seems over prices if compared with Accord... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
dats exactly wat I am trying to say. Its gunning for Optra/Cedia/Corolla/Elantra territory and that's why it will be priced at 10-11

Well - its a much newer and better car than the competition, and from the success that other Honda offerings are enjoying, they might as well ask for a premium.

Quote:

The current crop of Aveos, Fiestas etc are also in and around the NHC price band too. So, what's the big deal about premium for Honda cars? And factor in the legendary Honda reliability, low maintenance, cheap spares etc and the premium, if any, is IMO justified.
The difference is much more. Just check the features and the extra oomph the Aveo/Fiesta offer from the ZX at cheaper prices.

Quote:

But I believe Camry seems over prices if compared with Accord
Because its not localised.

200mph wrote: "hey neo , i read some place in the Times of india that the new camry was selling real good and is over booked or something."

It is early days, novelty factor helps. Look at an entire year of sales before arriving whether a car is successful or not. Mondeo sold 100 units in the very first month. Last year (April05-March06) they sold all of 25. Toyota Innova had a great initial run, marred by six months of severly dropped sales, eventually selling less than the Qualis did in its last year (12 months) of sales.

I think too much speculation ain't good. Leave it for 4th of July. How does one base the fact that it'll be 132hp. Dealers talk because they love to talk, manufacturers still have all the information that matters.

The other thing, HORSEPOWER doesn't determine price. Were it to be so, the Accord V6 would have a price that'd go straight into C-class territory. Or even E.

One can also not comment on whether a 125hp Corolla will be faster than the Civic or a 150hp Octy RS slower than the Civic. Engine tuning matters, sometimes more than even pure horsepower. Power to weight alone is not the only criterion.

Lot of magazines have written about Civics driven abroad. India specific changes generally include suspension, engine tune and trim levels, so those same cars might either appear to be even better or worse when driven here with INDIA SPECIFIC changes. How does the car appeal in the Indian context is what matters.

Revv

Got a call from Honda today - expect an info pack on the Civic shortly

Quote:

The difference is much more. Just check the features and the extra oomph the Aveo/Fiesta offer from the ZX at cheaper prices.
Agreed that the Aveo/Fiesta might score over the NHC in some respects. But then it would be impossible to find a car that scores over its peers in all respects. You get some, you lose some. What matters is what the consumer rates as important and I guess the sales figures indicate it very clearly.