Team-BHP - The Honda Civic is finally here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Honda Civic is finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2437-honda-civic-finally-here-12.html)

Well the prices for the civic arent bad...but i am dissapointed about the reduction in power to about 10 hp. But its nothing that cant be fixed with a CAI or something...Oh and to the person that said this wont be an enthusiasts car...well we will just have to make it one ;) . As you all know..the past civics (the non Si and Type R versions) were also basic commuter hum drum versions...that were made into hot versions by tuners. If i am going to pick up the civic later this year...which i am planning to...im going to try and get soem parts from back home. I think for these streets a CAI, exhaust, and a drop might be fine. I wish india got the coupe and the Si...but ehhh waht to do...we gotta make do with what we got..and i think the sedan will look hot in black and with some nice rims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Hmm - I guess you better start practising , Dev ...:p

A Honda Civic with 4 seats and absolutely stripped down interiors will sell like hot cakes here at 12 lacs .......RS or no RS.

Thats the Indian Market. Lets hope we get atleast most of the features thats available on civics elsewhere

I think Honda is wise enough to listen to me. Look at the prices. lol:

I have nothing against Honda but Honda fans are expecting too much when some say it can beat the image of a mercedes benz in India. They make good engines. period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Those who dont sit in the back seat will always think so. I dont understand why would a person shell out 15Lacs for a RS when you can get a Toyota Celica for 18L, both have same rear legroom and again Will less space at the backseat of celica be the determining factor in your buying a car among the 2?.

Well celica is not officially available in the Indian market

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
]Who said that, Honda is the only manufacturer in India which has more or similar brand value as the Merc, infact people have more blind faith in Honda then in Mercedes, so Honda aint dreaming, they are living their dreams, rather Power of dreams.

You need to ask Honda to take that risk. In no way can Honda take on mercedes-benz in India even today.

Quote:

Honda City (New)/Optra 1.6 have way more legroom and more space at the back then the NHC, even Skoda guys agree on that.
Optra 1.6 only has a smaller engine than the 1.8optra and hence agree to you on this one. NHC doesnt have more legspace than Octavia if you dont take the longer Seat travel into consideration.

Quote:

The Skoda is equipped well but the car is not apt for people more then 6 footers. Even when the drivers seat is pushed back to the max( i am not even considering the rear passenger behind the driver) butttttt the driver himself cannot sit comfortably, the steering wheel touches your thigh and your head touches the roof. Also look at the Skodas UK site and you will see that the Indian Octy has similar price as the Laura (Octavia II) in UK, so who is doping us, Skoda or Honda?? Atleast Hondas have down to earth spares so once you buy it you can atleast live with it. The Laura hasnot been able to affect the sales of the 3.0L Ivtec Accord because of the name and the cost of spares.
Both are doping us. But SKoda RS is actually a better car than the Civic. Agreed that Leg space at rear is not generous but then If it is me I will spend my money on the Accord/Mondeo but certanly not a Civic. And I heard the down to earth spares for Honda thingy for the first time.

As far as Laura is Concerned I have heard that its already a sell-out. Not that I like it but then its a fact.

Quote:

P.S devarshi i guess the 1.8 TPI engine is make you go towards the Skoda, but they have not even built it, the engine has been built by Audi so no credit to Skoda at all, only thing Skoda is good at designing similar looks cars, the Fabia, OCty, Laura, Superb all looks so sodaish and then add the features from the parent VAG of companies and thats the only reason why Skoda brand is still living
Platform sharing and engine sharing is common in collobrated companies. So what's new with that? You are getting a Audi TT engine in a Skoda at 14.0. What more do you need?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj
But wont the limited availability of CNG be a deterrent? I mean, i dont want to worry about whether i will get fuel for my car or not when i go on a long drive to a remote
hill station.

It will be a dual-fuel vehicle and you can switch from petrol to gas based on availability.

Quote:

It will be a dual-fuel vehicle and you can switch from petrol to gas based on availability
Are you talking about the Honda FCX? Or the Lexus hybrids?

Quote:

I have nothing against Honda but Honda fans are expecting too much when some say it can beat the image of a mercedes benz in India
Its not me who is making it up one of the leading mags said that and many people have said if its a Honda you can close your eyes and buy one whether its old or new, no need to test drive.

Quote:

Platform sharing and engine sharing is common in collobrated companies. So what's new with that? You are getting a Audi TT engine in a Skoda at 14.0. What more do you need?
Space. If i get a Laura vRS at 14 i would not hessitate one bit to buy it and the Laura vRS does come at that price but sadly Skoda is more over hyped then Honda.

Quote:

Both are doping us. But SKoda RS is actually a better car than the Civic. Agreed that Leg space at rear is not generous but then If it is me I will spend my money on the Accord/Mondeo but certanly not a Civic.
Yes i agree with you buttttttttt you wont buy a 14Lacs car only for performance, i dont expect amazing legroom but it should be adequate where also the Octy dissapoints. I like you too would put money simply on the Mondeo, there is no reason at all to reject it, just look at the Mondeo it excels in everything.

Quote:

And I heard the down to earth spares for Honda thingy for the first time.
Let Ajmat explain this. His City spares are so cheap.

Quote:

As far as Laura is Concerned I have heard that its already a sell-out. Not that I like it but then its a fact
As if i like it and thats one reason why like you
Quote:

I repent on being an Indian.
i mean Skoda is doping us big time and we always fall for it. Look at the Octy Spares and then the Superbs initial pricing of 30OTR now its 25OTR and then the Laura and still some rich freaks buys it and the car is a hit.

Quote:

NHC doesnt have more legspace than Octavia if you dont take the longer Seat travel into consideration.
When the seat of the Skoda & the Honda is max up front, the NHC has more space and when its max behind again the NHC has more space. I made a Skoda/Hyundia person sit in a NHC and they both agreed that the NHC offered more legroom then the Octavia/Elantra.

Quote:

You need to ask Honda to take that risk. In no way can Honda take on mercedes-benz in India even today.
Wait for a while i am no sure once honda comes up with the legend, Mercedes-Benz will be in a toss and trust honda to do that, they are planing to get the Acura lineup as well as S2000, Jazz, etc.

Quote:

Well celica is not officially available in the Indian market
But the Tiburon will be and its coming soon ( thats what Hyundai say) It has a 3.0L VTVT system and its going to be fast, damn fast and will cost 18L.

Anywayz I am no big Honda fan either, but sadly though we all will have to accept the fact that Honda has made such a brand image in India that people have started to have lind faith in their products and no matter what the cost of the car is they will still buy it. I dont understand at 8.6L OTR why would anyone buy the Vtec City when you can get a Cedia with more power, oomph, equipment, size for a little more money, but sadly this is India and we are fooled again and again.

Guys, lets not get back into the "this car is better than that one" debate. This thread is to discuss the soon-to-be-launched Civic. Please leave the imaginary comparisions till the car is launched here and we have some actual test drive reports by members. Lets not get this thread locked.

Busa, Devarshi - learn to resist putting in the last word everytime (or in this case, last 300 words)! :)

heh! you are right Rtech. back to the topic.

Can we expect a limited Run on Civic Si in India?please:

I am not too happy about the prices...

At 10.7 and 11.7 x-showroom Delhi, it will be close to earlier information of 12.5 lakhs-13.5 lakhs On Road in Bangalore :mad:

Why were people upset with On road prices and are happy with x-showroom prices? Just because they look so different???

People will crib about the prices, but the cars will still sell. So why bother cribbing! If they can sell a City for 8.5 lakhs, 12 lakhs for the Civic is but expected.

I guess the wait and watch strategy is the best.

and how come 11 on-road is a bad price? Even the cheapest of D entry segmenters the cedia and elantra retail at 11. so 11.5+ is but expected.

I am thinking about the showdown between Civic and New Elantra(yet to be launched).

New Elantra is more spacious,looks better, crdi option will be too gud.

I think we can expect a similar war as it was between old sonata and old accord.Sonata gave accord run for its money just because it looked too good. Which is the same case with new elantra and current civic which is comming to india.

hey guys whats this advanced technology partial zero emission vehicle or AT-PZEV? does it refer to low emissions of gases?
and what do they mean by advanced technology in this case?

[quote=BUSA]Are you talking about the Honda FCX? Or the Lexus hybrids?

Guess he is talking about the to-be-launched Cedia CNG... change from petrol to CNG and vice verca at the flick of a switch.
Cheers.

well well, I recently saw the New honda civic, that is bound for india, in Bangkok.. a month back, and i was really IMPRESSED! i saw it in Black color, and first thing i say after seeing it is "WOW! cool!" it really is a lovely car! all u ppl waiting to buy it, well u can be assured its a stunner! the car i saw, the guy had put blue head lights, and they made the car look even more sxier! hats off to honda for finally getting it here!

what u gotta do is, buy the car, and spend on some real nice mags for it! the car i saw had 19" mags, with tyres very thin, low profile ones. well for indian conditions thats the worst thing! but then, i think ppl should go in for the 16" or 17" in this one.

Good news that the Civic is coming there. But strongly i believe they are gonna do a makeover in 2 years time like they did for the City. That is because the American Civic is more cool (looks) than the European one which we are going to get.

umm landcruiser...

The Civic has a confirmed launch date in the first week of July. That is next month. And it is the American Civic we will get, not the EU one. And I think 98.93% of the members here would infact prefer the EU Civic which is sportier and far better looking than the elongated NHC looks of the American/Asian Civic we will be getting.