Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2006, 09:26   #196
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
What according to you is the difference in the civic that we are getting and the US civic?

ditto City, Accord, Swift out here. From my research, new Civiv looks nice etc but not that great a handler like a Laura
Old 25th June 2006, 16:33   #197
BHPian

Will this car have the digital speedo like the one available in Dubai?? its amazing to see it.. and my friend gunned it to 203kph in the digital speedo but hardwork !!!
Old 27th June 2006, 02:03   #198
BHPian

The interior should have the Digital readout speedometer like shown below.

The Steering wheel on the other hand will have only 2 spokes as opposed to the 3 spoke design on 2.0S.

Old 27th June 2006, 03:28   #199
Senior - BHPian

Well in the US, only the coupe gets the optional 2.0 engine with 200 horses.

I guess in Malaysia, there is a 2.0 sedan as well.
Old 27th June 2006, 16:05   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a call from Mr Gordon (or was it Mr Cordon) of Arya Honda today regarding the Honda Civic.
It is going to be launched on the 4th of July in New Delhi and will hit Mumbai Showrooms on the 5th of July.
It will be powered by a 1.8lt 132 BHP engine, will have 3 spoke steering wheel, paddle shift (even i didn't believe this till he specifically spoke about the type of shifts found on F1 cars), will come with an auto transmission along with a manual, 2 tone interiors and a host of other features for approx. Rs 12L.
Point to note - i was plesantly surprised by Arya Honda's service as they called me within 10min of emailing a letter to them asking them about the Civic and N Honda Accord (which they do not know about).
Cheers
Old 27th June 2006, 16:22   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Got a call from Mr Gordon (or was it Mr Cordon) of Arya Honda today regarding the Honda Civic.
It is going to be launched on the 4th of July in New Delhi and will hit Mumbai Showrooms on the 5th of July.
It will be powered by a 1.8lt 132 BHP engine, will have 3 spoke steering wheel, paddle shift (even i didn't believe this till he specifically spoke about the type of shifts found on F1 cars), will come with an auto transmission along with a manual, 2 tone interiors and a host of other features for approx. Rs 12L.
Point to note - i was plesantly surprised by Arya Honda's service as they called me within 10min of emailing a letter to them asking them about the Civic and N Honda Accord (which they do not know about).
Cheers
Paddle Shift? wow
Old 27th June 2006, 16:36   #202
BHPian

Nice interiors on the car !!!
Old 27th June 2006, 17:11   #203
Senior - BHPian

Paddle shift confirmed on Auto version

Launch in BLR expected around 10th July...
Old 27th June 2006, 19:15   #204
Senior - BHPian

Its not the same type of paddle shift found in BMWs and Ferraris.
Old 27th June 2006, 19:42   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean that the mechanism of the Civic gearbox is diff or that the design of the paddles is diff? Button type shifter?

Quote:
Paddle shift confirmed on Auto version
I'l have that one please. Hope the shifts are sporty.

Shan2nu
Old 27th June 2006, 19:51   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower

the bmw and ferraris is like the f1 cars ... the smg gear box essentially a manual gear box without a clutch

Electrohydraulic manual transmission is a manual transmission system that appears like an automatic transmission to the user. The system automatically changes gear and handles the clutch during gear changes. Many implementations of the system result in jerky gear changes.
Mercedes have named their system Sequentronic and BMW refer to their system as SSG (Sports Sequential Gearbox) and SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox; as used in the M3).
The system is also known as a clutchless manual gear system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...l_transmission

What the auto paddle shift is what is also known as the triptonig gearbox found on the is 300 esentially a slush box with a shifter shifting from 1 -2 -3 -4 without using the lever

Tiptronic is a type of discrete automatic transmission developed by Porsche and used in its vehicles and those of its licensees. A Tiptronic transmission can operate just as the common type of automatic transmission, but it also allows the driver to override the automatic mode by moving the shift lever into a second (Tiptronic) shift gate equipped with two spring-loaded positions: "upshift" and "downshift". Once in this gate, the driver takes over most of the shifting decisions ordinarily performed by the transmissions computer, permiting, for example, the delaying of an upshift for increased acceleration or explicitly commanding a downshift to increase the braking effect of the engine. On some cars, the upshift and downshift operations can also be commanded by pushbuttons or rocker switches installed on the steering wheel and a display commonly indicates the current gear selection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiptronic

NOTE FROM Team-BHP Support Staff: Font formatting tags removed. Kindly avoid using them in future

Last edited by adya33 : 28th June 2006 at 10:57.
Old 28th June 2006, 03:27   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Do you mean that the mechanism of the Civic gearbox is diff or that the design of the paddles is diff? Button type shifter?
I meant the hardware inside the Gearbox. Not an automated manual like BM and Ferrari.

Its either a slushbox or a CVT with push button shifting. Malaysia also gets a NHC CVT with auto mode and 7 speed paddle shifter.
Old 28th June 2006, 09:38   #208
Senior - BHPian

Unlike VW/Skoda DSG gearbox, where upshifts are instant, CIVIC peddle shifts / Auto has a delay in shifts, which you should consider before going for an Auto...
Old 28th June 2006, 11:04   #209
BHPian

Civic Review - including pictures of paddleshift

Here is a pointer to a good review..

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/06/...-drive-part-1/
Old 28th June 2006, 14:14   #210
Senior - BHPian

Now if paddleshifters are coming for 12. I am in. I am serious on this one if Honda actaully goes ahead with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmat
ditto City, Accord, Swift out here. From my research, new Civiv looks nice etc but not that great a handler like a Laura
NOpe the swift in N.Ameica is completely different than the Swift in India.
The N.American swift is also sold as chevrolet Aveo and an ex-Pontiac

The civic has new but too common looks. Ask Any N.American and you will know what I mean. Its the same old civic with major design upgrades.

And for everyone to know. The dual dial design is the worst ever I have seen. Looks good but is pretty distracting when on road. Anyone and everyone who drives it has the same opinion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks