Team-BHP - The Honda Civic is finally here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Honda Civic is finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2437-honda-civic-finally-here-15.html)

Quote:

The dual dial design is the worst ever I have seen. Looks good but is pretty distracting when on road. Anyone and everyone who drives it has the same opinion.
Isntead of all this, they could have given the heads up display (found on the M5). Use it when you want to.

Shan2nu

Devashri
Are you sure there is a Suzuki Swift in NA? I just checked their site and did not find any car called Swift. Ofcourse they have our Optra called as Forenza.

And I think GM is wise enough to not sell Aveo in both Chevy and Suzuki brands. Chevy brand gets more premium in NA compared to Suzuki.

Sorry for diverting the thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Devashri
Are you sure there is a Suzuki Swift in NA? I just checked their site and did not find any car called Swift. Ofcourse they have our Optra called as Forenza.

And I think GM is wise enough to not sell Aveo in both Chevy and Suzuki brands. Chevy brand gets more premium in NA compared to Suzuki.

Sorry for diverting the thread.

What suzuki markets as a swift in the US is a Baleno in india

Quote:

Are you sure there is a Suzuki Swift in NA?
Satish, Dev is right. Suzuki Swift in Canada is the Chevrolet Aveo is the Pontiac Wave. But this is in Canada, don't know the scene in US.

Canadian Suzuki Swift.

Quote:

Paddle Shift? wow
Quote:

Now if paddleshifters are coming for 12. I am in.
I wouldn't be too excited on paddle shifters. Have driven quite a few cars with paddles and they are a 15 minute excitement. After that, you couldn't be too bothered with these gizmo's. Also, I hope Honda doesn't attach the paddles to the steering. And except for DSG, I never liked automatic transmission. No matter what the car makers say, there will always be a very irritating lag between shift points.

And yea, imagine, trying to explain to the chauffer's about using the paddle shifters!:)

Hey am sure Honda Civic is a great car with a history but do they have a diesel option for India considering the facts that fuel prices are rocketing sky high on a weekely basis?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
What suzuki markets as a swift in the US is a Baleno in india

Again this car was not known as swift but Suzuki Esteem.:)

I will better wait before giving any opinions on Civic. Too many fans and too many different voices.

Quote:

Isntead of all this, they could have given the heads up display (found on the M5). Use it when you want to
Now wouldnt that be too expesive?

Quote:

do they have a diesel option for India
I think I read somewhere on this forum that Honda will bring in the Civic with it's 2.2L CTDi diesel engine. But in a report in Economic times, the president and CEO of Hondia Siel has said that Honda has no plans for a diesel in India. Though that statement was made regarding Honda's small car plans for India, we can for now assume that Honda is not planning to launch a diesel in India.

Quote:

Whatever plans it may have in the small car segment, Honda isn’t about to crank out a diesel a la Suzuki. “We have no diesel plans,” says Takedagawa.
Source: The Economic Times.

Quote:

Now wouldnt that be too expesive?
Not really. If they can have an inverted display behind the seering wheel (facing the windscreen), the reflection of that display would be visible to the driver.

I guess thats how HUDs usually work.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
I think I read somewhere on this forum that Honda will bring in the Civic with it's 2.2L CTDi diesel engine. But in a report in Economic times, the president and CEO of Hondia Siel has said that Honda has no plans for a diesel in India.

The 2.2 diesel is offered only with the Euro hatch.

Quote:

The 2.2 diesel is offered only with the Euro hatch
I agree but like I said I think I read it somewhere here that the sedan may get the diesel. Besides, if Honda really takes the Indian car market and Indian car buyer as seriously as they claim they do, then I don't see why they wouldn't provide the sedan with the diesel engine. Hatch or sedan, whats the difference? I am sure the engine bay in both is the same. Anyway, the CEO has made it clear that Honda has no diesel plans for India.

Indian Civic, gets a 6 CD changer in dash integrated music system with 6 Speakers. Moreover it has an AUX in, feature using which an IPOD etc can be linked to it...
Not sure about the company, but typically Honda goes with Alpine.

It's a 3 spoke steering wheel, but there are no controls on the steering wheel itself... :(
Though there are controls provided in rear central arm rest for rear passengers to operate music from behind.

It has a flat floor at rear. I.e it does not have the hump in the floor where middle (of 3) passenger sits...

More updates...
132 BHP confirmed

Mileage of about 10-12 expected.
5 gear Transmission in both MT and AT

Disc brakes all around - ABS, EBD, BA
2 SRS airbags
No Leather upholstry.

Sporty 5(x2) spoke alloys

6 colours - Black, white, silver, Dark red (read Maroon), Grey, Blue

Out of which the dealer said only Red, Silver and Blue will be available for first 3 months. That's pretty stupid. Can someone please confirm with another dealer on this...?

How can it be a complete car if it is not Black :)

HONDA CIVIC
NHTSA (US) Crash-Test Results
Test
4-door sedan
Front Impact, Driver - 5 Stars

Front Impact, Passenger - 5 Stars

Rollover Resistance - 4 Stars

Side Impact, Driver - 4 Stars

Side Impact, Rear Passenger - 5 Stars

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) tests a vehicle's crashworthiness in front- and side-impact collisions and rates its resistance to rollovers. Front-impact crash-test numbers indicate the chance of serious injury: 5 = 10% or less; 4 = 10-20%; 3 = 20-35%; 2 = 35-45%; 1 = More than 45%. Side-impact crash-test numbers indicate: 5 = 5% or less; 4 = 6-10%; 3 = 11-20%; 2 = 21-25%; 1 = More than 26%. Rollover resistance numbers indicate the chance for rollover when the vehicle leaves the roadway: 5 = Less than 10%; 4 = 10-20%; 3 = 20-30%; 2 = 30-40%; 1 = More than 40%.

Note: the Indian version may not have same ratings, as the safety features may vary...
Source: http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/N...695/Act/Specs/

Mark my words on this... At least 6/7 out of 10 people who buy the Indian Civic as soon as it's launched will cry somewhere around 2008/ early 2009 for not having waited till the time for what I know will obviously happen. How do I know this? 1. I've burnt my fingers in a very similar way, but then, in 2003, no genius or simpleton knew how the "San Clan" operates/ would operate in the Indian market and also, the Indian car market was more or less a virgin scene back then. 2. According to a few bird-brained Einstiens who couldn't even buy a tricycle without mummy papa ka paisa, I'm a fool who knows the truth and should be crucified for the same. Having said that, what's really going for the Civic is the FE, newness/ hype which will die down soon and that highly problematic in the reflective sense dual zone instrument cluster.

Power retractable door mirrors will be an available option, but not foglamps (they really don't help as far as visibility is concerned, but do help a car that's posed as an entry level luxury car to look good). The rest of the goodies that will be and won't be available have already been stated by other members on this thread.

For the few who believe the 1.8 Civic will be one helluva performer (some have even hoped it would be a vRS beater) why don't you guys realise the 1.8 Indian Civic is a SOHC that's supposed to behave like a 1.5/1.6 for better fuel economy? This is something I pointed out somewhere on this forum back in Oct 2005.

Yeehaw! Do I see the chappals, tomatoes and eggs flying in my direction after this post? I really wish I do.... Damn tomatoes are INR. 60/- per kilo these days lol.

Quote:

For the few who believe the 1.8 Civic will be one helluva performer (some have even hoped it would be a vRS beater) why don't you guys realise the 1.8 Indian Civic is a SOHC that's supposed to behave like a 1.5/1.6 for better fuel economy? This is something I pointed out somewhere on this forum back in Oct 2005.
And why don't you realise, thats how Vtec engines are supposed to work. The OHC Vtec was a SOHC, was as fuel efficient as a 1.3 but, did that affect it's performance?

Chalk down all the 1.5-1.6 ltr DOHC cars launched in India and see how they fare against it.

I ain't saying the Civic will be quicker than the RS (thats got a TC, which will definetely give it the edge) but, it ain't gonna be slow either. It's main rival in performance would be the "Naturally Aspirated" Corolla.

Shan2nu