Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2005, 00:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
Well,this "killer car" topic has been dead for a while now.No one seems to be talking bout the Civic launch in India anymore.Has the launch been postponed????
No news from any of the auto mags either.
Wassup Honda Lovers??? Update pls.

X
Old 2nd January 2005, 01:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

yea civic will be a gud addition to the indian car line up specially if they get the 2 door coupe they look hot and the siR hatchback ...i hope they dont detune it ...am wondering which segment will it fall in ... coz they r considered really **** unless u modify them or buy the ivtecs .. i hate the fact dat a corolla falls ina luxury segment (D seg i think) whn in americas they r the cheapest cars around like an economy car ...
Old 2nd January 2005, 08:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

YAY! Finally this is the news I've been waiting for. The return of the D-segment Honda fireball!

and I'm so ure that they'll launch one with the City vtec and another with one of the lower-powered original Civic engines.
Old 2nd January 2005, 15:08   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

guys ...
the car wont do really well in india coz of its sad looks ..
the 2006 version seems more promising
and is the one i would put my money on
Old 2nd January 2005, 15:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the car wont do really well in india coz of its sad looks ..
I wouldn't say that. Look at the NHC, it's not at all good looking and yet it has the best apeal in it's class.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd January 2005, 17:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

but look at the accord ...
the accord had performnce , comfort , space , better FE but still the sonata won ...
it still has a chance but has to be priced well ... very well
Old 2nd January 2005, 18:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Civic coming to india is really good news and Iam sure Honda will bring in the 1.7 Vtec first to give a tough fight to Toyota corolla.
Old 2nd January 2005, 18:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yeah they should launch the 1.7 to start with. Then they can think about the 2ltr 150 bhp version.

I just hope the 150bhp version if launched here, comes as a sporty variant and not some fast luxury car.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd January 2005, 19:00   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but look at the accord ...
the accord had performnce , comfort , space , better FE but still the sonata won ...
it still has a chance but has to be priced well ... very well
It's the pricing that will matter more than mere looks.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd January 2005, 20:09   #25
BHPian

The Auto Magazine reports that it is not the 'Civic' that Honda is getting here next. But the 'Jazz' which is the hatchback version of the current NHC, will be launched.

HK
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

From what i know, the Jazz is not exactly the hatch version of the NHC, they do have a few styling similarities, but that's it.

The Jazz is also called the Fit (in some places). But Fit has another version called the "Fit Aria" which happens to be our NHC.

The Jazz looks completely diff from the NHC.
Old 3rd January 2005, 01:53   #27
BHPian

The ideal hatch which would be awesome to own and modify is the Honda Civic Hatch. Its a perfect hot hatch and with a good engine say a 1.8Vtec would be amazing. Imagine a turbo on that car ... Handling characteristics of that car are amazing. I'm sure if the civic came with the engine and the turbo and nos on it with other mods, it would be one of the fastest on the streets...what say?
Old 3rd January 2005, 04:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
The ideal hatch which would be awesome to own and modify is the Honda Civic Hatch. Its a perfect hot hatch and with a good engine say a 1.8Vtec would be amazing. Imagine a turbo on that car ... Handling characteristics of that car are amazing. I'm sure if the civic came with the engine and the turbo and nos on it with other mods, it would be one of the fastest on the streets...what say?
the Civic SiR comes wid a 2.oL I4 Vtec..stock pushes 160 bhp ..the civic sports coupe has the 1.7L i vtec 127@ 6300rpm..

indeed it'll be a rage to drive wid a turbo n direct port NOS will make hottest and the quickest ..imagine a black SiR wid red neons projector headlamps ..16'' OZ rims .. only competitor in terms of looks and rage i feel is the SVT focus ..
??
Old 3rd January 2005, 08:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the Civic SiR comes wid a 2.oL I4 Vtec..stock pushes 160 bhp
But the Civic Type R which also has a 2 ltr Vtec engine manages to push out around 197 bhp. The 2006 Civic with 250 bhp would be more than welcome.

For the record, the fastest Civic which also happens to be one of the fastest FWD car in the world, produces around 660+ bhp and does the 1/4 mile in around 8 secs. The Civic hatch has some serious potential.

Shan2nu
Old 6th July 2005, 04:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

Alright guys,I've got some news.
A close friend of mine visited the Honda dealership at Pune to get his car serviced.He started chatting with one of the executives there who told him that the Civic sedan is already here and undergoing road-testing.They are planning a September launch and are looking to price it in the 12lacs-14lacs bracket.He did not disclose any engine specifications,but said that the car is faster than the Skoda RS,as they are positioning it against the RS.
So,Honda is at it again!!!!

X
Closed Thread

Most Viewed