Team-BHP - The Honda Civic is finally here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Honda Civic is finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2437-honda-civic-finally-here-20.html)

Quote:

I guess its a classic case of looking past the specs on paper and actually driving the car to judge it.
Yeah, and it's not like the SOHC Vtecs are new to us. The OHC Vtec, NHC Vtec and the Accord V6 have all come with SOHCs and are doing damn well.

Why fight with 2 hands when you can beat your opponent with one? Muhahaha

Shan2nu

Quote:

And if they really DO want to launch a sportier version, it had better be the Civic Si with 200 bhp, rather than the 2.0s version.
Actually, i think the 2ltr version comes with 200bhp. And even the Si is 2ltrs i guess.

Anyway, theres time for that. For now, lets see how this one does.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Yeah, and it's not like the SOHC Vtecs are new to us. The OHC Vtec, NHC Vtec and the Accord V6 have all come with SOHCs and are doing damn well.

The Accord V6 is a SOHC !!!!

couldnt believe it until I checked it out on honda's site

Quote:

The Accord V6 is a SOHC !!!!

couldnt believe it until I checked it out on
Yes it is. It comes with 2 cams but, since it's a V engine, Theres only one cam per row of cylinders (SOHC). A DOHC V engine would have 4 cams (2 on either sides).

And this is what surprises me. When people could accept a 3ltr SOHC V6, what diff is a 1.8ltr SOHC I-4 gonna make?

Shan2nu

They have removed CIVIC pricing from their web-site confirming price revision

more info on civic released on honda site..
hondacarindia.com/civic

price again on site... no increase................:-)

It does come with paddle shifts !!

Features look great .. and pricing seems pretty competitive wrt to what you get for that money .. the manual would be around 12 OTR out here .. it'll surely rock the market ..

source honda site

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS
Manual (MT)
Automatic (AT)
Overall Length
4,545 mm
Overall Width
1,750 mm
Overall Height
1,450 mm
Wheelbase
2,700 mm
Min. Ground Clearance
170 mm
Fuel Tank Capacity
50 L
Kerb Weight
1,210 kg
1,240 kg
ENGINE Engine Type
i-VTEC, 1.8L
Configuration / Cylinder
4-Cylinder, In-line
Valves / Fuel
16 Valves, Petrol
Fuel System
PGM-Fi
Displacement
1799 cc
PERFORMANCE Max. Power
132 PS @ 6,300 rpm
Max. Torque
17.5 Kg-m @ 4,300 rpm
TRANSMISSION Type
Synchromesh 5 forward,1 reverse
5-speed AT with Paddle Shift, Grade Logic Control & Shift Lock
SUSPENSION Front Suspension
McPherson, Coil Spring with Torsion Bar
Rear Suspension
Double- wishbone, Coil spring with Torsion Bar
STEERING Steering Type
Collapsible, Power Assisted
Min. Turning Radius
5.4 m
BRAKES Front Brakes
Ventilated Discs
Rear Brakes
Discs
TYRES & WHEELS Wheel Type
Alloy
Wheel Rim Size
15 x 6J
Tyres
195/65 R15 (Tubeless)

10.7500... + insurance + road tax = 11lakh+?

Civic debuts@Rs10.75 lakh
[ INDIATIMES NEWS NETWORK ]TUESDAY, JULY 04, 2006 01:01:03 PM
NEW DELHI: Honda Motor Company's most popular selling automobile worldwide, the Honda Civic, has been launched in India with a price tag starting from Rs10.75 lakh. The car, launched in the capital on Tuesday, will come powered with the 1.8 litre i-vtec engine that generates 132 PS @ 6300 RPM.

This is the eighth generation Civic which was globally introduced by Honda in January this year and has entered the country within seven months after significant customisations, claimed the company.

The sedan will be available in two variants: Automatic and Manual. Manual variant is tagged at Rs 10.75 lakh and Automatic at Rs 11.45 lakh. The company also claimed that the car comes with class-leading fuel efficiency, just slightly lower than its 1.5 litre City model, whereas the car can deliver power equivalent to that of a 2 litre car.

New Honda Civic in India

The launch is expected to lead to an aggressive dogfight in the Rs 10-12 lakh segment. The Civic move has enabled Honda to fill a gaping hole in its bouquet to match popular rival cars in the segment - Toyota Corolla, Skoda Octavia, Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia and Hyundai Elantra. Honda so far had no offering in this segment and the entry of Civic is expected to hot things up.

Honda claims that new Civic gives a mileage of 10.5 to 11 km per litre. When the fuel prices are sky rocketing, this much mileage seems to be pretty decent for a C-segment car. With the kerb weight, which is 1210 kg, nearly similar to that of Toyota Corolla and Lancer Cedia, this car surely scores well above the other cars available in this segment.

The dimensions of the Civic are 4545mm length, 1750mm width and 1450mm height with a wheel base of 2700mm. As per the company, ground clearance of the car to be as small as 170 mm.

Fully loaded with several features, it is available in six colours and has no optional features. It has ABS, EBD (electronic brake force distribution system), dual SRS airbags. The new Civic comes with a distinctly new styling that appeals the modern car-buyer. Civic follows City's one-motion principle and has an aero-dynamic and sporty body, with the interiors affording spacious leg-room.

The company has plans to produce a total of 1000 cars initially and then to increase the production according to the rising demand of the vehicle. Honda car India is aiming to sell a whopping 63,000 cars in this financial year as compare to the last year’s sales figure of 43,000 cars in total.

NOTE FROM MODERATOR:
Threads Merged.
Kindly avoid posting full article, instead provide link to the article.

Looks good. They've managed to keep a healthy power to weight ratio of 109ps/ton (same as the Corolla). Torque has moved up to 17.5 Kgm compared to the Corolla's 16.1 Kgm.

What we have to see now is, how it does in the handling department.

Alright then, let the games begin!!!

Shan2nu

Hurrah!!!!!
Finally, the world's most modded car has landed in our shores.

This car will definitely revolutionise the Drag scene in our country by leaps & bounds!!

Quote:

NOTE FROM MODERATOR:
Threads Merged.
Kindly avoid posting full article, instead provide link to the article.
Sorry. will take care in future

Hang on. The Civic in the pic is diff from the one featured in this months Topgear mag.

Doesn't the Indian Civic have a curved headlamp? Like the Civic Hybrid?

Shan2nu