Team-BHP - The Honda Civic is finally here!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Honda Civic is finally here! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2437-honda-civic-finally-here-21.html)

Hey folks,
Was invited by Honda dealership today to have a look at the vehicle (test drive is not available till official launch in Banaglore on 10th).

Exterior design
The car indeed looks wonderful and better in person than in picture.
But as for the color, It was available in Red, Silver and Blue color, and somehow none of the colours looked so appealing...
Exiting blue of broucher looks dull blue in person (same as on City), flaming red on website looks like dark blood red in person :(

The alloys have been changed, personally, I preferred the ones shown in preview...

Although the Ground Clearence is a respectable 170mm, it does not look like a standing car like Corolla. Except the front headlights, there is a huge resemblance with Honda CIty from all angles.

Lack of Fog lamps is a big disappointment, though they are available extra at 18k :Shockked:, One can as well get Xenon lights by spending some more.

Interior Design
The build quality and material though good, is no where near to an Octavia. But unlike Octavia which is a sea of grey, Civic has 2 tone interior (black and beige) and looks much more lively and appealing.

The audio system sounded decent with 2 tweeters (just below windscreen) 2 6inchers (or more) on front doors and 2 same sized on parcel shelf. No controls on steering, but the same is available in the rear seat arm rest.

The rear view windows can be adjusted and retracted electronically... If I am not mistaken this feature is available only in Civic in it;s class.

While the glove box is small, there is plenty of space available in on both sides of gear knob. Also there is no cool box like Optra. Unlike City which has 2 glove boxes Civic has only one.

Boot space is again less than Honda City and the hinges badly eat up lot of space... moreover the Rear Seats are not foldable.

Finally, sitting in the drivers seat makes you forget every reason that you can for not choosing this car. The dashboard is amazing, simply amazing. This is one thing which itself will make your collegues repent their decision on buying any other class. And yes I did specially check out if the lighted controls reflect in the windows and cause interference (as some one highlighted earlier), this does not seems so, as unlike corolla, the display here is embedded deep within the dash and does not reflect on any window. But since there was lot of ambient light, it can only be finally confirmed at night!
Beyond that the integrated audio, the sleek gear knob, the Z handbreak, adjustable steering wheel, Paddle shifts makes you feel like this is the car which was made for you...
Oh I forgot, the small eliptical steering wheel, with thick circle, feels really good and sporty.

Dealer Service
The Dakshin Honda staff was very courteous, and answered only what they knew, they did not try to make the sale by talking about things which they dont know. Offered a soft drink. They did not commit on a likely delivery date, though indicated that it should not be expected before August...

Moreover, while leaving, when I enquired about means of transportation from their showroom, they were extremely kind to provide me a drop to my office.

I highlighted this, because this was in extreme contrast to my experience over the weekend at Skoda Tafe Dealership.
And since I was considering between Octavia and Civic, the dealership itself killed the octavia option for me.

If you are still wondering...
Yes, I dropped the cheque for the booking amount... :)
(this is to block, will confirm my details to them after the test drive).

Another correction to my earlier post the prices in Bangalore are as follows

Price: Manual / Automatic
X-showroom: 1078000 / 1148000
Road Tax: 142296 / 151536
Insurance: 40469 / 43035

Extended Warrenty 4950
Handling 6000

On Road (BLR): 12,71,715 / 13,53,521

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677
The rear view windows can be adjusted and retracted electronically... If I am not mistaken this feature is available only in Civic in it;s class.

The Corolla has this feature too.

The TOI article posted above mentions that there are 6 colors available, while according to you there are only 3?

The engine producing 132PS is pretty close to the output of the accord. Any news of the accord getting a newer power plant now? Hopefully the Accord will come with paddle shifters too this time now that its standard on the automatic civic:)

I meant, Three colors were available with the dealer for display, where as other 3 colours have not reached him yet...

Available on display...
Habanero Red
Alabaster Silver (same as City)
Bluish Silver (same as City)

Not available Yet...
Infact I was told that these three colours will not (scarcely) be produced for first 3 months :(

Tafeta White (same as City)
Galaxy Grey (same as City)
Nighthawk Black (same as City) - Even Broucher says check for availability...

nice one ST, which color? ;)

The dash looks loaded! And the red one looks hot enough and the 5 spoke alloys

Here's an image of Civics from 1st to 8th generation.

Also check out Honda Civic's Modulo bodykit. Looks damn good. Love those alloys.

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/09/...-civic-modulo/

Shan2nu

anyone been to showroom, with real pics???

i called prime honda and they said that it will come in the showroom tomorrow...
Quote:

Originally Posted by a4_attitude
anyone been to showroom, with real pics???

got it in their email:

please check here for full details - http://www.hondacarindia.com/civic/

Do the headlights strike a resemblance.:p

BTW with paddleshifters and all those gizmos it sure is a good buy. But only for half the cities as the prices for the other half easily goes 13+ for A/T.

In Ahmedabad though its cheap.:)

Hey Guys,

This is Honda Civic's advert in the Hindustan Times, Delhi edition, Page 20....

Thanks
redcandle

Source: www.hondacarindia.com

Black colour will be available from September onwards only!

Detailing in Lights:

Opposed wipers:

Advanced Cockpit design:

MULTIPLEX METER:

Instrument Panel:

Welcome illumination
To welcome the driver, the meter lighting changes with operation from when the driver’s door is opened until the engine is started.
(1) Door open Meters dimly lit
(2) Ignition on Meters totally lit with needles and indicators
(3) Ignition off Needles and indicators unlit and meters dimly lit
(4) Door close (after alighting) Unlit after gradual attenuation

for complete details, logon to www.hondacarindia.com

FINALLY!!!!!! 132 bhp!!!!! Wahaaaaaaayyyy.........

I want one so bad.......

I have not decided on colours yet, as I wanted black, but that it seems will not be available for next 3 months...!

Other choices are...
Habanero Red / Galaxy Grey
Bluish Silver
Alabaster Silver
Tafeta White

Not sure how Grey looks. Haven't been able to get hold of any pics either.
A front footage of Red vs Grey vs Blue will be helpful to decide.

Can Team-BHP help in locating these pics...?
Is it better to wait 3 months for Black or go with any other color...?