Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2006, 16:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

What i wish is any car closes or not but San Motors should really closes its strom
Old 8th March 2006, 17:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

From original list Conty and UNO are dead,
Opel Corsa is going to be replaced by Aveo
Zens production is supposed to stop
Ford Ikon is only sold as Flair (correct me if I am wrong)
Seems like in 2 years atleast something good has happened
Old 8th March 2006, 17:17   #18
BHPian

unfortunately for us guys - it is often the good apples of the lot that get pulled out ...
- OHC
- Qualis

and the 800's and omni's are still around ...
Old 8th March 2006, 17:41   #19
BANNED

Tsk tsk tsk ... all you amby haters out there... what would our BABU's use if the good old amby went away?? SKODA's??LOL!!
Old 8th March 2006, 18:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

I, personally, feel the Baleno should also be discontinued. MUL needs to crack the whip on the Esteem and then the Baleno. The car is horribly outdated.
Old 8th March 2006, 18:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
I, personally, feel the Baleno should also be discontinued. MUL needs to crack the whip on the Esteem and then the Baleno. The car is horribly outdated.
With the number of Baleno Lovers around it wont be long before they prosecute you..
Old 8th March 2006, 20:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel MUL should have face lifted the Baleno instead of the Zen.. Whats the point of face-lifting if you discontinue it after 2 years.
Old 8th March 2006, 20:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival
I feel MUL should have face lifted the Baleno instead of the Zen.. Whats the point of face-lifting if you discontinue it after 2 years.
You call that face lifting what they did or is that making it uglier
Old 9th March 2006, 20:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Except the Grand Vitara and Swift, I feel all cars from Maruti are well and truly outdated and need to be replaced. But, because of their low price, they are superb value for money. Their reliability and after sales service is as good as it gets. Discontinuing these cars can be done only if manufacturers slash prices of more modern products, otherwise, they'll lose many clients.

Jurassic era cars, including 3 of the oldest (Ambassador, M800 and Omni) are still being produced and there's no indication of their manufacturers phasing them, out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Tsk tsk tsk ... all you amby haters out there... what would our BABU's use if the good old amby went away?? SKODA's??LOL!!
Are you worried, you'll look like one of them?
Old 17th March 2006, 07:07   #25
BANNED

There is no need for Omni to be discontinued because it's the cheapest VFM utility vehicle available in India and it's the ultimate vehicle for large families who can't afford Scorpios/Innovas.

Also it's easy and cheaper to maintain an Omni than a new generation Indian bike. That's why it has got one of the highest resale value like M800. It's pros outweigh it's cons in the real life working conditions.
Old 17th March 2006, 11:17   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Jurassic era cars, including 3 of the oldest (Ambassador, M800 and Omni) are still being produced and there's no indication of their manufacturers phasing them, out.
Hey, I'd like to tell you that the M800 and the Omni are still very popular choices in the rural segment due to the VFM !! Ur opinion is based on the city conditions where these models mite be an eye sore but I have a Omni since 1990 and inspite of buyiing the Zen, Palio GTX & Swift the Omni is still our fav when it comes practicality around the farm .

Can you imagine me loading 20 sacks of vermi or 8 ppl or 400 kgs of cut chicken ( the list cud go on and on ) in any of the other cars ? And that without having to compromise on riding comfort .. the more the load in the Omni the smoother it rides !!! People who have owned the Omni will surely agree with me .... or ask Sam Kapasi about the M800 that went flying past him on one dirt road whereas he was crawling in the Scorpio .... !!!

Even today I wud buy another Omni if the first one totally packs up .... Its there for a reason and its still serving that reason so don't see no reason why we wud wanna see that model of the production lines !!! NO WAY

Cheers
Old 17th March 2006, 12:30   #27
BANNED

Quote:
the more the load in the Omni the smoother it rides !!! People who have owned the Omni will surely agree with me
Quote:
There is no need for Omni to be discontinued because it's the cheapest VFM utility vehicle available in India and it's the ultimate vehicle for large families who can't afford Scorpios/Innovas.
What the Omni lacks in safety and image, it makes up for in utility and VFM.
This is not to justify the lack of safety features. I'm sure most people who pass off the Omni as junk or trash have never driven or owned one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks