Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:08   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I'm of the opinion of sticking to normal diesel will be better for long term for your engine.
So what exactly is the problem if the mix is above permitted levels ?
Old 22nd November 2021, 23:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So what exactly is the problem if the mix is above permitted levels ?
VW Manual says (Not compatible with B7 Diesel)
"Failure to observe this point could result in damage to the fuel system and engine damage!"

Hyundai Manual says (Compatible with B7 Diesel)
"Mixing diesel exceeding 7% with Biodiesel will cause increased wear or damage to the engine and fuel system. Repair or replacement of worn or damaged components due to the use of non approved fuels will not be covered by the manufacturers warranty"

I think it would be similar to what ethanol does to petrol engine which are not compatible to it. Higher wear & tear especially rubber parts.

For more reading. Link
el lobo 6061 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 13:45   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Any idea if this is available at the IOCL BKC COCO Pump? Somehow that pump is the slowest to get anything, their head office is right opposite it and yet it doesn't even have XP95 when I checked recently.
It is available now, priced at Rs. 97.91. They didn't have it when I checked two weeks ago. As an aside, in the interim period I got a tankful of regular diesel from Reliance's bunk at Pelhar near Nallasopara. I am quite impressed by its performance.
Old 5th December 2021, 22:24   #49
BHPian

XG is available in Namma Bengaluru (and in more pumps all over KA) since 10 days or so.

Here is the current list:
IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-xgblr.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhav-Van View Post
This is very useful info. Is it possible to fetch this info for Hyderabad as well?
Their site is a true mess indeed. I've been scouting to find a pump in Hyderabad without any success yet.
XG is still not available anywhere in Telangana

Last edited by theredliner : 5th December 2021 at 22:36.
theredliner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2021, 19:36   #50
BHPian

I used XG my BS4 Rapid before the current tankful on normal diesel. I believe the car had noticeably more pep on XG. Will look for a bunk in Gurgaon for my next tankful.
Old 14th December 2021, 22:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hi guys...can anyone find the list of outlets for Xtragreen ? I can't seem to find it in Pune.
Hey Dieselite,

Did you find an outlet in Pune?
Old 15th December 2021, 07:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hey Dieselite,

Hey, yes I did ! The one on the NH4 highway ( Dehu Road - Katraj bypass) in Ambegaon. It is called Shaheed Lt. Col. Prakash Patil Petroleum.
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 12:04   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Dieselite,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Hey, yes I did ! The one on the NH4 highway ( Dehu Road - Katraj bypass) in Ambegaon. It is called Shaheed Lt. Col. Prakash Patil Petroleum.
Anything in camp area ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudh_85 View Post
It is available now, priced at Rs. 97.91.
Thanks,Yes XtraGreen Diesel now available there but yet not XP95 only 100

Last edited by Sahil : 15th December 2021 at 12:25.
Old 16th December 2021, 00:47   #54
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Just tanked up the Laura today and did a Mumbai round trip. Slight difference in nvh. Will know the difference in FE after the tank is refilled. Barely quarter tank was consumed on this trip.

IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-img20211215wa0019.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Anything in camp area ?
Nope. Ambegaon pump is the only pump to have it in Pune.
Old 16th December 2021, 09:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. Ambegaon pump is the only pump to have it in Pune.
Saw in Hinjewadi also, after Sai Service Hinjewadi towards IT park.
Old 16th December 2021, 11:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Dieselite,

Also Uday Fuel Services, Tathawade on the Pune-Mumbai-Bangalore Highway. It is next to an LPG filling station, open 24 hours.

They offer Xtragreen as well as XP95. I generally travel there from Aundh.

Mr. Kiran the owner is a young chap, who tries to keep the pump up to date. Also has EV charging I believe.

https://goo.gl/maps/Pyg6KTCVxbERJZLz7
MartinVirage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 23:22   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
XG is available in Namma Bengaluru (and in more pumps all over KA) since 10 days or so.
thanks for that list ! Passed by the bunk on Kanakapura road today, and the dispenser is there. However, i had filled Reliance just 2 days back.
Old 27th December 2021, 13:23   #58
BHPian

I have been planning to get Xtragreen Diesel for my Snowolf since its introduction, but could not get it since it seems unavailable in Hyderabad.

Finally, I planned and got my car fuelled up with the XTRAG Diesel in Vijayawada -h
https://goo.gl/maps/Pac7CHZKyeaEWAD98
( lying on the left side on Vizag Highway from Vijayawada before the airport) - Its owned by the Lorry Owners Assoc. of Krishna District and hence got good reviews.

Have to see how the FE turns up !

Quote:
Where did you get the list ?

Quote:

XG is still not available anywhere in Telangana
Yea. Is there any link where the list is updated ?

Last edited by poised2drive : 27th December 2021 at 13:24.
Old 28th December 2021, 18:26   #59
BHPian

My Nexon got it's first dose of Xtragreen 'accidentally(!)' yesterday.
The 3S Fuel Station on Sinhagad Road (Pune) was about to be closed when I reached for tanking up.
Noticed the diesel being filled up was costlier by about Rs. 3.xx and when asked the supervisor came and told me that its the NEW diesel.
When I asked specifically if this was Xtragreen then only he gave affirmative yes.

No special branding etc. was in place to distinguish it from normal diesel. Supervisor said it'll come in a day or two as he just got the first tanker of Xtragreen on that day only.

Will do another tank full from the same outlet and then come back to this forum with experience.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 19:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post

No special branding etc. was in place to distinguish it from normal diesel. Supervisor said it'll come in a day or two as he just got the first tanker of Xtragreen on that day only.

Will do another tank full from the same outlet and then come back to this forum with experience.
The branding is supposedly to be in place since the last few weeks. Hoping that what I filled up few weeks ago and what you filled up recently both are actually Xtragreen

I was given the exact same answer when asked about the branding !
Dieselite is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed