Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2022, 21:08   #76
BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Where did you get the list ?
Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
(Link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Anyone can provide the list for Chennai?
As per IOCL site, XG isn't available anywhere in Madras yet, or even entire TN for that matter.
Old 17th February 2022, 19:04   #77
bht
BHPian

Re: IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bht View Post
I filled up xtragreen in my 110PS Duster @ IOC COCO pump next to HP office on Whitefield road Mahadevapura Bangalore. i felt engine is smoother ( even though the car is due for service, been almost 1 year since oil change) and negligible increase in mileage, feel benefits will be more visible and significant on highway trip than city driving conditions.
Also, I should see more benefits after the service.
quoting myself, tried 2 tankful of XtraGreen and did BLR-->Udupi -->BLR trip which saw almost all kinds of roads possible. Apart of slightly smoother engine I didn't see any difference nor any change in mileage. I'll move back to Reliance diesel as #1 and IOC COCO as #2, XtraGreen as an option on outstation trips where #1,2 aren't available. Chances of contamination/adulteration with Xtragreen might be less compared to regular diesel and messing up with injectors.
Old 17th February 2022, 23:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

I could see several COCO IOC bunks in Hyderabad selling XtraGreen, like the one near old airport flyover, the ones at Mindspace and Madhapur, and also the one on Raj Bhavan Road (Goldstrike Fuels, not COCO though). It is around 4 rupees costlier.

However, I have not filled up with that new fuel and will not until I know its effect on my BS6 Ecosport or on the BS4 Figo 1.4. So far I have been using System D on the Figo and it has been working well in reducing clatter and also in preventing injector issues.

Edit: I looked at the Ecosport's online manual and found the below:-

Your vehicle is suitable for use with biodiesel blends up to 7% (B7).
Note: We recommend that you only use high quality fuel. We do not recommend the use of aftermarket fuel additives or other engine treatments.
Note: We do not recommend the use of additional additives to prevent fuel waxing.
Long-Term Storage
Most diesel fuels contain biodiesel.We recommend that you fill the fuel tank with fuel that does not contain biodiesel if you intend to store your vehicle for more than two months.

Last edited by vnabhi : 17th February 2022 at 23:15.
vnabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 01:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

The COCO pump at Cochin, opp vallarpdam container terminal has XG diesel as per the IOC website. If anyone in cochin in curious. It was not there when the first round of XG was rolled out across the country.
Old 18th February 2022, 08:12   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Xtragreen safe to be used in Mercedes and Kia Diesel engines? S350d and Carnival to be more specific. I’ve already started using it without any issue but not sure about any long term issue/benefit as I couldn't find any info on this yet.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2023 at 11:28. Reason: Typos
Old 20th February 2022, 17:04   #81
BHPian

Got my first XtraGreen full tank today at IOC COCO opposite TCS. Like vnabhi says they are rolling out at several places in Hyderabad. Its 3rs more expensive compared to normal diesel.
Attached Thumbnails
IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-img5794.jpg  

IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-img5795.jpg  

IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-img5796.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 12:31   #82
BHPian

For Hyderabad Bhpians :

There are only 4 to 5 petrol pumps offering Xtra Green Diesel.

Precise Locations for 3 of them

1. located on Rajbhavan Road
https://goo.gl/maps/xmnb75nb7t3MRe4J6

2. Located on Rd No.36, Jubilee Hills
https://g.page/IOCL-Pump-Jubilee-Hills?share

3. On Hitec City- KPHB Road near NIA
https://goo.gl/maps/8duwv8QzaXf3B3gH9.

Tentative as seen from the map and the IOCL list !
4. Hitec City Phase II

Phase 2, 21, Balaji Nagar Main Rd, HUDA Techno Enclave, HITEC City, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081 (https://goo.gl/maps/DXNKEpHsKwrk82nM9)

5. TSIIC Knwoledge City on Ikea-biodiversity park
https://goo.gl/maps/LyBwZNBWAoCqw1kP9 ( there seems to be 2 pumps side by side and I am not sure which one has the XG Diesel)

Other Hyderabadis- please add or edit the list as per your experience !
poised2drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 18:38   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

For those searching for Xtragreen, you could check the display boards outside the bunks. Bunks that have Xtragreen display this in large size fonts. This is the kind of board I am referring to:

Name:  IOCL Services.png
Views: 1840
Size:  264.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is Xrragreen safe to be used in Mercedes and Kia Diesel engines? S350d and Carinval to be more specific.
Do check on the fuel specs of the cars - if blended fuel is ok.
Old 6th March 2022, 13:31   #84
BHPian

My experience with Xtra green diesel

I filled Xtra green diesel at KR Puram IOCL COCO a month back, there was some improvement in pickup but nothing magical to report out. However, I faced a strange issue which I have never seen in the past 7 ½ years of my ownership with Vento TDI 1.6 2014

IndianOil rolls out green fuel "XtraGreen" at 126 Fuel Stations across 63 cities in India-img_20220121_153919.jpg

We went on a joy ride for about 200Km round trip and reached home around 7:30PM. I was about to turn off the ignition, but I noticed a sudden raise in RPM from 800 to 1000 at Idle, I thought I accidently pressed the accelerator, but my feet are on the floor. I turned off the engine and cranked again within a minute, I see the Idle RPM is normal again, not sure what happened and ignored as a one-off issue.

A week later, I once again filled Xtra green and went on a Joy ride for about 300km round trip, the same issue happened while I was about to get out of the car after reaching home, I shut off the engine and cranked again, saw the Idle RPM is back to normal reading at 800.

I narrated the incident to one my close relative, he is in automobile field. The first question he asked was whether I used any additives recently, I told him about Xtra green. He says this might happen due to the cleaning agent doing its work, but I don’t want to see this issue again. So, I filled regular diesel from the same pump and went on a long drive and driven within city covering around 500km, until now I did not see the issue.

I have used Shell V power diesel continuously for two years prior to Covid and tried 3M diesel additives on couple of occasions but I have never experienced this issue before.

Is it due to slightly higher cetane rating in Xtra green Diesel? I’m not very sure.

If you have faced similar issues or anything specific to VAG TDI, welcome to share your thoughts. Drive safe and stay safe.
glovins2004 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 22:19   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post

I filled Xtra green diesel at KR Puram IOCL COCO. However, I faced a strange issue which I have never seen in the past 7 ½ years of my ownership with Vento TDI 1.6 2014

Attachment 2280855

We went on a joy ride for about 200Km round trip and reached home around 7:30PM. I was about to turn off the ignition, but I noticed a sudden raise in RPM from 800 to 1000 at Idle

If you have faced similar issues or anything specific to VAG TDI, welcome to share your thoughts. Drive safe and stay safe.
This is because VW 1.6 TDi is NOT Compatible with B7 Diesel XtraGreen.

I had forewarned people to 1st read their car manual to understand whether their engines are compatible with B7 Diesel and then only fill it.

Here is what my Vento 1.6 TDi manual says

VW Manual says (Not compatible with B7 Diesel)
"Failure to observe this point could result in damage to the fuel system and engine damage!"

Avoid Xtra Green for your car and be content that damage wont be significant.

My BMW X1 & Hyundai Verna 1.6 TDI are compatible with B7 Diesel but I will still advocate to use Normal Diesel.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 12:01   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

I had forewarned people to 1st read their car manual to understand whether their engines are compatible with B7 Diesel and then only fill it.
Thanks for the information el lobo. Glad I know the root cause, as of now its running fine and no other issues reported. I’ll stick to regular diesel.
Old 9th March 2022, 01:35   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post

Do you have you a fuel spec sheet for extragreen to support your bio-diesel B7 blend hypothesis ?

The Indian government has been pushing biodiesel and ethanol blend petrol for a while now. So most PSU OMC's migh transition to it for all types of diesel, irrespective of whether it is extra green or normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovins2004 View Post

I filled Xtra green diesel at KR Puram IOCL COCO a month back, there was some improvement in pickup but nothing magical to report out. However, I faced a strange issue which I have never seen in the past 7 ½ years of my ownership with Vento TDI 1.6 2014

Attachment 2280855

We went on a joy ride for about 200Km round trip and reached home around 7:30PM. I was about to turn off the ignition, but I noticed a sudden raise in RPM from 800 to 1000 at Idle, I thought I accidently pressed the accelerator, but my feet are on the floor. I turned off the engine and cranked again within a minute, I see the Idle RPM is normal again, not sure what happened and ignored as a one-off issue.
Check the battery voltage with the car switched off and car switched on too and post them here.

Could be this too

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php...easing.370232/

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th March 2022 at 19:25. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Also, please quote only relevant sections of the post for easy readability.
revvedup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 03:19   #88
BHPian

B7 should not really cause an issue for any Diesel motor as there is an agreement with all fuel component manufacturers & also a declaration that mentions that all fuel mixtures until B7 will not have any impact on the component functionality! It is strange to hear that the VW manual mentions not compatible with B7 when ideally it should! Globally in many countries, the engine development itself is done with blends up to B7 in order to reduce usage of fossil fuel. I am looking to locate the document to post here & will do so once I find it. But even in Europe or more specifically Germany, they do use blends of Biofuel at petrol stations.
Sanjeev911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 06:56   #89
BHPian

I had the same high idling issue on my Vento a couple of months back. Please check the battery voltage and alternator. Also, please check if the cooling fan kicks in during the increased idle. If it does, better to flush the coolant and replace it with new coolant.

And avoid b7 diesel. VAG cars generally don't like diesel additives.
Kumaran93R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 07:03   #90
BHPian

I think it has nothing to do with Xtra green. My 2.0 TDI dies the same irrespective of the fuel I use. It sometimes idles at 1000 rpm. It is a pretty common phenomenon in modern diesels, especially VAG cars.
It's been discussed on other forums as well.

https://www.myturbodiesel.com/thread...1000rpm.26687/

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php...h-idle.446924/

TLR- It is normal for diesels to idle high due to electrical loads or to clear dpf. In my case, it was the former as I recently bought a fast charger for my cigarette lighter.
blogslogger is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks