Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2005, 09:59   #31
Team-BHP Support

NHC = interior room, plush interiors (compared to Fabia anyway)
Fabia = build, FE (diesel only)

Both are sluggish though I suspect the Fabia more so.

For large indian families where FE rules the real was will be the 2-3 kmpl FE v/s the larger interiors. I dont think the market (not team-bhp members) cares bout build or plushness as much.
Old 6th July 2005, 01:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
Just been hearing about the new SKoda Fabia to be released soon. The reports say that the price would be in the 6-8 Lakh Range and the Diesel version is poised to be a good bet.

The waiting period for the new honda city has hit the discounts we would have otherwise got, Well, there is no good alternative to the City as well.

I also know that there is no "best time" to buy a car, but will the Fabia be a good thing to wait for??
My work keeps taking me to Prague nowadays and happen to see quite a few of the Skoda models....the Fabia to me seemed more in the league of an Ikon / Accent in terms of space on offer and will surely be a tight fit for tall drivers...so unless it is priced right....difficult to sell!
Old 6th July 2005, 03:41   #33
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I disagree here. If fabia has lesser space than octavia, which means i cannot sit in front passengers seat, it will be out of question. Some lack of space is okay, but when a car becomes uncomfortable it has to be given a go. If you are 6'2" or 6'3" you have a very limited choice in India for a car.
I suggest you have a go at the car if & when it is launched. Then I'll talk to you about space I've seen that car & believe me its pathetic at the back.

but recently I had a long drive in an NHC & oh boy what sheer comfort levels that car has ! I was sitting at the back the whole day & there was absolutely no problem at all.
Old 6th July 2005, 09:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

[quote=Buffetfan]....the Fabia to me seemed more in the league of an Ikon / Accent in terms of space on offer QUOTE]

Considering there is a new Polo on the roads - there should be a new Fabia out within a year
Old 6th July 2005, 13:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Considering there is a new Polo on the roads - there should be a new Fabia out within a year
hmm long wait but no signs of fabia launch. cramped or not the fabia sedan 1.9TDI will provide an option in terms of a better car in the segment. One more year of wait and skoda will have possibly more competition from toyota & ford (with the new ikon+)

Skoda is not taking any positive steps now. They are holding back launch of Octavia II also! :-( too obesessed with the sales of the current version eh!
Old 6th July 2005, 13:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
The only thing against the Diesel Fabia is its power output and weight. 64 bhp and weighs around 1300 kgs. It wont have a good pickup [0-100 19s]. And i doubt it will give above 15 kmpl. With the City u have power [i mean more than Fabia] and fuel efficiency and good dealer support. If Skoda hikes the power output to abt 80 bhp, then I see a good future for the Fabia.
that 64 bhp does not sound too good. purely engine and power-to-weight ratio wise, does this mean, it is going to be putting out less power than the Indigo ?
Old 6th July 2005, 13:18   #37
BHPian

Always there are less options in terms of engine and accessory options in india. Honda could have launched two engine variants in the NHC like the OHC. As mentioned by most the wheels and brakes are not too good either. Why dont they give options for people who want to spend more and get better specs?
Old 6th July 2005, 19:56   #38
BHPian

I am waiting for a product from Skoda or Toyota in the C segment. From what i see here i am going to be disappointed. 2006 mid is almost an year away :-(
Old 6th July 2005, 21:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Not quite yet. Actually the new Polo is based on VW's PQ24 platform which debued in the Fabia. They are going to milk it for another generation. Fabia might get some fresh sheetmetal but dont expect anything radical in terms of proportions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks