Team-BHP - Skoda Fabia vs the New Honda City
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Fabia vs the New Honda City (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2444-skoda-fabia-vs-new-honda-city.html)

Just been hearing about the new SKoda Fabia to be released soon. The reports say that the price would be in the 6-8 Lakh Range and the Diesel version is poised to be a good bet.

The waiting period for the new honda city has hit the discounts we would have otherwise got, Well, there is no good alternative to the City as well.

I also know that there is no "best time" to buy a car, but will the Fabia be a good thing to wait for??

Seeing Skodas performance since its introduction and esp the diesel Octavia, I feel the Fabia would be worth waiting for and surely another reason is that they are really well built cars. Virtually VWs I must say

So wait and watch

Cheers

I hired a Fabia 1.9SDI (without a turbo)in the Uk - it was slow in accelerating - but was fine in town and a great cruiser - I had no issues with it. It was really solid. It may not be as plush as a City inside but the quality of fittings was good. Has a nice meaty feel compared to the City

The Honda City will always enjoy greater appeal in the Indian context, primarily for the reasons of fuel-efficiency, great interiors and the comfort of a Honda badge with you.

That said, expect the Fabia to offer ride quality that competes with several classes higher and that typically indestructible German build quality

GTO

If it has diesel version and if it is priced close to City , then it will be a hit

Well expect the Fabia to excel in the same place that Octavia does too... fuel efficiency. Honda City will have a tough time with the Fabia and if the Fabia is priced right, expect the diesel model to fly away with the sales.

Honda's chink in the armour? A lack of diesel engines. Get up Japanese manufacturers to the reality. Diesels are here to stay.

Revv

The Skoda Fabia is worth waiting for. It is economical better built and better looking than the City.
The City is pretty economical too. But, the main point on which the Honda will beat the Skoda, is service. The dealer / service network of Honda is widespread and pretty good. Skoda will struggle to match that.

another area where fabia will be hit is space. fabia is pretty tight inside while NHC has truckloads of room in thr car...but if efficiency is good enough then customers won't mind the lack of space either

M3

Hey,

i know this is a bit off topic...but neel if your into mountainbiking you must download this video series called "kranked" IMO kranked 4 & 5 are the best!

welcome to tbhp
Rehaan.

The only thing against the Diesel Fabia is its power output and weight. 64 bhp and weighs around 1300 kgs. It wont have a good pickup [0-100 19s]. And i doubt it will give above 15 kmpl. With the City u have power [i mean more than Fabia] and fuel efficiency and good dealer support. If Skoda hikes the power output to abt 80 bhp, then I see a good future for the Fabia.

Check the article at
Skoda - Fabia

The lancer is also priced close the the new Honda city, but the basic model i guess. Is the lancer worth looking at before making the move for the New Honda City?

Hey Neel

The Lancer has really dipped down in terms of quality . Even the brand new 1.8 I test drove was really bad on finishing and quality and the new City is years ahead . So I guess for practical people the City is the best

Cheers

The Lancer is out...its finished - all thanks to the lousy management at Hindustan Motors. Its too slow by current standards, outdated, has awful build quality and is priced at a much higher point than it deserves

GTO

I second you on that GTO . Like I said the Lancer you me and revv drove had interiors which were falling apart

The Lancer is finished and so is Hindustan

Cheers

The Lancer is out of the question guys. A person lookin at the Fabia/City isnt gonna even think abt the Lancer. And its too outdated to be compared to the new City/Fabia. A mere [i know its not mere] engine change isnt enuf. It needs a new look altogether.