Team-BHP - Spotted this in Calcutta
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted this in Calcutta (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24447-spotted-calcutta.html)

Hi Guys,

Was out for early morning 'chai' with my gal and I came across this car with the Logo pastered with tape in front of an apartment complex. I knew it was not a Spark as it sure looked different and if it was then why was the logo covered up with tape. (although I had an argument with my girl who ws claiming it looked like one - her logic, 'See its the same colour as showed in TV, it IS the SPARK), stopped the car and got out to mumblings of 'what are you doing, now don't tell me you are actually getting out to look at 'a car' ?

I was just armed with my cell cam so this is the best I could get before I was asked (politely) by the building's guard not to take pictures and by my girl (not so politely) to 'Get back in the car, whats wrong with you why do you need to take pictures of a car'.

Couldn't figure out which car this was.

Sorry for the poor quality shots, anyways, here goes.

(Thats my OHC behind) :D

Regards

good find dude. this one is daihatsu Sirion. may be Toyota's next small car for india.

Nice find toiingg!!! as said by tushky it's the daihatsu sirion,,, toyota's answer for the small car market

realy good spotting. how come none of the automags have reported thsi ?? or have they ?

Wow really nice. This car is Daihatsu Sirion(sorry if my spelling is wrong), also sold with a Toyota badge in other countries. Mostly the Toyota name is Passo(sorry if the name "Passo" is wrong).
It looks like Toyota will be launching the Diahatsu brand with this car.

Nice find! Thanks for sharing it here bro!
Please make your GirlFriend join Team-BHP! She will understand why you were doing all this! rl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by toiingg (Post 449525)
Hi Guys,

Was out for early morning 'chai' with my gal and I came across this car with the Logo pastered with tape in front of an apartment complex. I knew it was not a Spark as it sure looked different and if it was then why was the logo covered up with tape. (although I had an argument with my girl who ws claiming it looked like one - her logic, 'See its the same colour as showed in TV, it IS the SPARK), stopped the car and got out to mumblings of 'what are you doing, now don't tell me you are actually getting out to look at 'a car' ?

I was just armed with my cell cam so this is the best I could get before I was asked (politely) by the building's guard not to take pictures and by my girl (not so politely) to 'Get back in the car, whats wrong with you why do you need to take pictures of a car'.

Couldn't figure out which car this was.

Sorry for the poor quality shots, anyways, here goes.

Regards

Oh, so this one's still around... I spotted the same car more than a month ago...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...car-india.html

there was a serious debate at that time whether this was just an import going to Bhutan/Nepal or toyota was actually testing it's new small car in Kolkata (the unlikeliest of places!!). What say guys... more than a month and still going around kolkata, u still think its an import? :)

Hmmm... it has a temporary number plate as well. You say this is going around since more than a month? With that temp plate?

By the way, looking at the hatch and the covered logo for a split second I thought its the Tata logo. Both the Tata and Toyota logo are somewhat similar, at least in shape and dimension. I thought for a moment that it is the 1 lakh car proto :D

EDIT: By the way things get interesting if it is the same car as the one spotted a month back. Two changes to it since then. The hood cover is still there but the logos also have got covered. Very important guys. It is not at all an import in that case for another country. Whoever is behind this now is trying to hide the identity of the car. Also that hood cover is a thin camouflage. A personal car does not run around for a month with an ugly looking cover on its body. Secondly, earlier the car had no number plates. But now it has a temporary registration (yellow plate). Its here on the roads for a long haul. Interesting!

Edit 2 : The area where it is parked is also interesting. Looks like some sleepy old north kolkata house (from the architecture). Not the kind of place where you expect to see a camouflaged, under test car parked like that. Wonder why it is parked where it is.

Good spot indeed and thanks for the pics.
However....yuck!!! I am not sure I want to be seen driving that car!!!

Quote:

However....yuck!!! I am not sure I want to be seen driving that car!!!
Maybe the shape is looking weird in the pics, but honestly it wasnt looking all that bad in reality. Certainly looked better than the Santro (when it was launched) and the Wagon R.

I think of Toyota can price this baby right, it will be a steal.