Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:20   #166
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
Just spoke to Skoda dealer in Bengaluru. They expect the price for slavia automatic to be 18-20L on road for 1.0 TSI base automatic(ambition variant) and 21-22L for top end and for the 1.5 TSI it would be in the range of 24L to 26L. As per them, slavia is not a replacement for rapid at all, it is rather positioned just under the Octavia /Superb and above the Rapid range.
Price announcement would be by mid Jan and vehicle would be available in showroom for test drives by Feb.
These prices seem to be on the higher side to me, (especially for the 1L turbo) but the dealer was pretty confident that these would be the prices as it's a premium offering and not targetted as a competition to the city or verna.
I wouldn't touch it at 25l OTR. It's missing way too many creature comforts to justify that sort of money.
sid3091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 07:59   #167
BHPian

Sedans are not hot selling cars currently, so the only way Skoda can gain decent numbers is by pricing Slavia correctly which should be around what new Honda City is priced at (definitely not more than 5% over City even for the top variant). People who want more driving pleasure and a few more features will opt for Slavia over the City at the cost of higher maintenance costs and the lower reliability. If Slavia goes for 20L + OTR pricing then it cant compete with all the SUVs within a few lakh price range from it.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 3rd January 2022 at 08:01.
46TheDoctor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 08:50   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Incidentally I met with PPA Skoda dealer on Bellary Road Bangalore. They claimed that the top end would be 18 Lakhs OTR which I found very difficult to believe even though it makes sense if they are competing against City. I specifically asked if this is ex-showroom price or OTR and they repeated it is OTR. They said the cars would be available for TDs in Feb and would have deliveries starting from March/April 2022.
My sales guy tells me that the Slavia will be in display in January.

Also, conventional wisdom would suggest that the sedan will be priced at par or below it's crossover sibling. If the Kushaq is sitting between 10.8 to 18 lakhs (ex sh), Slavia shouldn't stray away from this band much.
ashutoshb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 08:49   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTI View Post
Hi, could you point us to the direction of the thread detailing the issues you faced (if any)? In case there isn't any, can you probably articulate what it was that made you turn away from Skoda/VW? Considering they're trying to turn a new leaf, don't you have a shred of hope for any improvement from them?
The story coming up soon on a different thread. I’ve finally narrowed down on a couple of choices and am proceeding with the booking.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 12:43   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanks_Jazz View Post
I might as well stretch a bit and go for an Octavia which has been the dream since a decade or so.
I am very fond of the Octavia as well, but the problem with it is the ultra low ground clearance of 136mm (unladen). With 3-4 people, the car’s underbody will scrape every alternate speed breaker in a city like Bangalore.
Minimum ground clearance for a sedan should be around 160mm, which is why Slavia is more suitable for our roads.
darklitex is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:04   #171
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India confirms the Slavia will be launched in March 2022.

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-20220106_160252.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 16:19   #172
Team-BHP Support

Some more information shared by Zac Hollis during the launch of the Skoda Kodiaq -
  • Test drives of the Slavia to begin in February.
  • 2500-3000 units target for both. Kushaq 60% and Slavia 40%.
  • Monte Carlo and other variants to come on existing models in the future.

Source
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:02   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Slavia will be available at the dealership by February and launch will happen in March. Expects it to be among the top 2 in the segment.

Name:  0.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  70.0 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:41   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
Just spoke to Skoda dealer in Bengaluru. They expect the price for slavia automatic to be 18-20L on road for 1.0 TSI base automatic(ambition variant) and 21-22L for top end and for the 1.5 TSI it would be in the range of 24L to 26L. As per them, slavia is not a replacement for rapid at all, it is rather positioned just under the Octavia /Superb and above the Rapid range.
Price announcement would be by mid Jan and vehicle would be available in showroom for test drives by Feb.
These prices seem to be on the higher side to me, (especially for the 1L turbo) but the dealer was pretty confident that these would be the prices as it's a premium offering and not targeted as a competition to the city or verna.
Atrocious pricing. They are not competing with the King of the segment Honda City then!

They should price it around +/- 5% to get the footfalls and to get Slavia into the consideration. Suggest 5K less than City for the base version.

Last edited by saisree : 6th January 2022 at 17:54.
Old 10th January 2022, 09:41   #175
BHPian

Having spoken to couple of dealers in Delhi, it is clear that there is no price indication from Skoda even to their dealers.

One of the dealers suggested that the 1.0L variants will be priced lower than the Honda City while the 1.5L variants will be priced above Honda City. This sounded safe and logical in isolation.

Other dealer suggested that Slavia is going to be a premium offering ( poor man's Octavia) and will cost more than the Honda City.

And then, another dealer in Noida - "Sir Sedan segment is not attractive, log SUV le rahe hain". As per him Slavia will be priced at least 30k-50k less than the Kushaq.

Based on this, I am sure our guess is as good as any Skoda dealership.

On a side note, despite all the success stories of the Kushaq, the dealerships seem to have a good chunk of 2021 Kushaq batch and are keen to sell them out with good discounts. So anyone looking for Kushaq can negotiate a sweet deal and get the car delivered immediately.
TheVegabond is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 11:49   #176
BHPian

I think we are taking Slavia in wrong context. Few speculations that we have and just my though on the same.

Slavia is Rapid's Replacement
Short answer is No.
Rapid platform is almost 10 yr old. It was about time that we get a newer platform in India rather than just facelifted Rapid with new engines. If you compare the other cars in C1 sedan segment, they are way ahead of Rapid already in terms of size and tech.
Enter VAGs MQB-A0-IN platform. Slavia is larger and better than Rapid in every aspect ( may be except the actual German VAG feel ) and has better interiors and tech. Exactly what is required in C1 sedan segment
So, Slavia is surely not a Rapid Replacement.

However, Slavia is Skoda's next C1 segment sedan. I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Slavia will be priced above Honda City. Top model may be around 25L.
Skoda Slavia would be priced at par with the competition. Give or take 1 lac. I don't think it will stretch to 25L. May be a Monte Carlo version or L&K version later on would command 1-2 Lac over the top model. But not at launch.

But Kushaq was also over priced
Kushaq was priced at par with the Creta and Seltos. Not above them.
We felt Kushaq is over priced because it is smaller than the competition in size and feature list. However, if you compare the pricing of Kushaq, it is in the segment and not outside the segment.

Slavia does not have the disadvantage of smaller size as compared to the segment. In fact, it gets the largest boot and folding rear seats. Tech wise, it is at par with the segment. Give or take few features.

But Octavia was also over priced
Octavia is a CKD product. Hence it was launched at a higher price. Slavia is Made in India with almost 95% localisation. It shouldn't be priced above the segment.

Having said that, this again is my assumption and we'll know the actual price only at launch.
rAijin_ is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 12:17   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
I think we are taking Slavia in wrong context. Few speculations that we have and just my though on the same.

Slavia will be priced above Honda City. Top model may be around 25L.
Skoda Slavia would be priced at par with the competition. Give or take 1 lac. I don't think it will stretch to 25L. May be a Monte Carlo version or L&K version later on would command 1-2 Lac over the top model. But not at launch.
Given that Slavia is the sedan version of Kushaq, and sedan's are usually cheaper to build than their SUV counterparts and thus priced lower in international markets, including VW Virtus which is a sedan version of T-Cross (Taigun), I would be really surprised if they manage to price Slavia above Kushaq, or even on par for that matter.

Considering the 2022 base prices of Kushaq start lower than City base,lets hope the base slavia undercuts City handsomely by 40-50k ex showroom. (City base is also fairly loaded for that matter).

If on par or above Kushaq, would be interesting to hear from Skoda the discrepancy in pricing for India models when compared to their international models, even after achieving 95% localization.
vagman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:11   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
But Kushaq was also over priced
Kushaq was priced at par with the Creta and Seltos. Not above them.
We felt Kushaq is over priced because it is smaller than the competition in size and feature list. However, if you compare the pricing of Kushaq, it is in the segment and not outside the segment.
Well said. Add quality also to the list. I personally felt let down by the dull grey plastics, quality of plastics like ac vents and also the infamous roof liner, etc on the Kushaq.

Slavia seems to have rectified those mistakes. And hopefully the changes will be made on the Kushaq too, soon after the launch of the Slavia.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 13:30   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Well said. Add quality also to the list. I personally felt let down by the dull grey plastics, quality of plastics like ac vents and also the infamous roof liner, etc on the Kushaq.

Slavia seems to have rectified those mistakes. And hopefully the changes will be made on the Kushaq too, soon after the launch of the Slavia.
It's a little silly but the only thing holding me back from buying a Kushaq/Taigun is the lack of a powered driver's seat, panoramic sunroof and that god awful reversing camera. Hope they add/rectify at least 2 of those 3. Roof liner I can live with.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th January 2022 at 15:48. Reason: typos & punctuation.
Old 11th January 2022, 22:34   #180
Senior - BHPian

Saw this in YouTube. Infact looks better than the launch pictures

sunikkat is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks