Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2022, 09:07   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview

All pricing speculations aside, I think Skoda will price the Slavia just at par with the Honda City, give or take a few thousands. Maybe there could be variant which is far better equipped than the city and is more expensive, but the Slavia should and would be squarely pitted against the Honda City. That may mean that the Slavia overlaps the Kushaq, but there is no easy solution to this. If you take Hyundai’s case, the Verna has always been priced significantly below the Creta, and anyway both these cars don’t share anything apart from engines and gearboxes. And the Verna was always visually smaller, so it made their distinction that much easier. However, in the case of Skoda, the Slavia could end up looking much bigger than the Kushaq visually, and yet, it’s almost the same size as the new City.

Skoda would be happy if the customer cross shops between the Kushaq and the Slavia, and it may happen in many cases. If a customer wants a cross over, then he or she may not look at the Slavia, but if they walk into the showroom thinking “ I want a Skoda/ VW” then chances are that they would pick the Slavia since it seems like better equipped.

And I personally think this story of Slavia being much more premium etc, is just the dealer’s way of projecting the product as premium, and hopefully then surprise everyone with the pricing that’s at par with the City.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:38   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
All pricing speculations aside, I think Skoda will price the Slavia just at par with the Honda City, give or take a few thousands. Maybe there could be variant which is far better equipped than the city and is more expensive, but the Slavia should and would be squarely pitted against the Honda City.
Agree on 1 TSI, which they should price in City range. But 1.5 TSI will definitely be pricier than City atleast by a lakh or 2. The 1.5 TSI is much superior to 1.5 VTEC and it will and should command premium
Old 12th January 2022, 13:54   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Slavia's shows its road presence!

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-271604181_4647499848632117_2792893803848876520_n.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th January 2022 at 14:08.
volkman10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 17:07   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Slavia's shows its road presence!
None of the 3 cars in the video have the ‘Slavia’ badge on the rear. Wonder why. Any guesses on which variant they are. I don’t recall reading which variant would have black alloys.
Old 14th January 2022, 09:54   #185
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia launch timeline exact dates will be revealed next week.

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20220114095315_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 23:40   #186
BHPian

I saw a silver Slavia on road today which probably was a display car for the dealer with temporary registration.

Even though I expect the 1.5 DSG to be mechanically very capable, I was disappointed with the road presence of the car. It didnt look anything more premium than the City and in fact from behind it looked a little like Amaze due to those taillights. I hope Skoda doesnt price it significantly above the City and gives it a good shot at success because Road Presence is a very important factor for any car to succeed in India and it didnt seem to live upto the hype on this parameter. But, if priced right, it can at least find place in the driving enthusiasts' homes.
46TheDoctor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 15:23   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
I saw a silver Slavia on road today which probably was a display car for the dealer with temporary registration.
Are the display cars available with dealers now, or have they announced any date by which cars will be available in showrooms?
Old 15th January 2022, 22:52   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
Are the display cars available with dealers now, or have they announced any date by which cars will be available in showrooms?
As mentioned in below post, the launch timelines will be revealed next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Slavia launch timeline exact dates will be revealed next week.

Attachment 2259722
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 20:07   #189
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Slavia customer deliveries to begin in March, launch date to be announced soon.

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-smartselect_20220117200511_twitter.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 17th January 2022 at 20:08.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:00   #190
BHPian

VW and Skoda are milking customers in the name of turbo engine, basically at low rev before the turbo kicks in, these are just a 1-liter, 3-cylinder engine similar to Wagon R. They should offer the 1.5 mill from base itself or decrease prices by 2 lakhs.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th January 2022 at 17:54. Reason: Spelling, punctuation
rahulskumar is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 18th January 2022, 15:15   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
VW and Skoda are milking customers in the name of turbo engine, basically at low rev before the turbo kicks in, these are just a 1 liter 3 cyl engine similar to Wagon R. They should offer the 1.5 mill from base itself or decrease prices by 2 lakhs
Isnt the case with all manufacturers? Every one charges premium for their turbo motors.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 15:47   #192
Senior - BHPian

Ahead of the launch date announcement, Skoda India gives a overview of Slavia interior design.

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 17:13   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
VW and Skoda are milking customers in the name of turbo engine, basically at low rev before the turbo kicks in, these are just a 1 liter 3 cyl engine similar to Wagon R.
While this is true for the 1.0 TSI in Polo/Rapid/Vento where the pre turbo performance was horrendous and lag was more pronounced, the engines in Kushaq/Taigun are much better tuned to provide good low rev drivability with minimal lag.

I agree on the pricing though, the road presence of the SUV's does not justify the price tag, hence my decision to wait for the Slavia
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 22:50   #194
BHPian

Since the time Skoda did the actual reveal event for the Slavia, they revealed and announced another car, announced prices for it, opened bookings, reached capacity on bookings for a few months and allowed full reviews as well, while we Slavia hopefuls have been fed on drips of content for months now. Funny!
ulag62442 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 23:20   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Agree on 1 TSI, which they should price in City range. But 1.5 TSI will definitely be pricier than City atleast by a lakh or 2. The 1.5 TSI is much superior to 1.5 VTEC and it will and should command premium
I'd be really surprised if the 1.5 exceeds City by much. City is an extremely competent, fuss-free product - the new gen even more so with much improved interiors, space and decent product all planted on reliable underpinnings, pushed forward by a brilliant engine (VTEC ain't no slouch and properly rev happy - something the VW twins are not).

It does not matter what the tech behind the car is, the only question the consumer considers is value. Slavia just won't have enough over the City to command 2L premium!
Annibaddh is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks