Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2022, 18:21   #346
BHPian

Re: Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview

I have been on the lookout for a replacement this year for my ~ 9 year old GT TSI which has done around 65K KMS. Was hoping that with Kushaq & Taigun , Skoda VW will turn a new leaf. Based on what I have read in the last few months and reports of EPC failures etc , I feel that their new India specific project is not going to go well for them. I have literally chalked off plans to go in for VW Skoda this year. Probably will look at XUV 700 or the new Scorpio when it gets launched.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:25   #347
Senior - BHPian

Skoda dealer shares tentative price list for the Slavia sedan

The tentative prices for the Skoda Slavia are out. As per this price list, the Slavia range could start from Rs. 10.80 lakh (ex-showroom).

Skoda Slavia | A Close Look & Preview-slavia.jpg

The Slavia will be offered in three trims - Active, Ambition and Style. The prices for the 1.0L TSI MT could range from Rs. 10.80 lakh to Rs. 14.50 lakh, while the Ambition AT and Style AT variants could cost Rs. 14.00 lakh and Rs. 15.75 lakh respectively.

The Slavia 1.5L Style MT might be priced at Rs. 16.70 lakh, while the automatic variant might retail for Rs. 17.70 lakh.

The Slavia will be offered with the same set of engines as the Kushaq. These include a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 113 BHP / 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 148 BHP / 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed DSG.

The Slavia 1.0L TSI will be launched on February 28, 2022. Official prices for the 1.5L TSI version will be announced on March 3, 2022.

Thanks to Sundar for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 11th February 2022 at 18:49.
TusharK is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 18:56   #348
BHPian

Re: Skoda dealer shares tentative price list for the Slavia sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Slavia 1.5L Style MT might be priced at Rs. 16.70 lakh, while the automatic variant might retail for Rs. 17.70 lakh.
Woah ! 20-odd lakhs for the 1.5 TSI seems steep, considering that the Honda City is priced almost ₹4 lakhs cheaper. Is the Slavia really worth that much?

Last edited by Turbojc : 11th February 2022 at 18:59.
Turbojc is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:11   #349
BHPian

This makes Honda city pricing look cheaper. I could not see how a difference of almost 4 lakhs is justified for the Top end. If Honda could bring Honda City Hybrid at 1.5 TSI pricing, it will be a hoot.
RedMaw is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:21   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Woah ! 20-odd lakhs for the 1.5 TSI seems steep, considering that the Honda City is priced almost ₹4 lakhs cheaper. Is the Slavia really worth that much?
Totally agree with you! Wonder what was Skoda thinking about when finalizing the pricing for the 1.5TSI version.

They have to acknowledge the fact that Honda city has been the segment leader for quite sometime baring the inroads which Ciaz made for few years.
Pricing has to be spot on and tempting when you are placing a product in sedan space to take on City and Ciaz.

Seems like another opportunity lost by Skoda, they have failed to gauge the pulse of the Indian market again.
SILVER-ARROW is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:24   #351
Senior - BHPian

V variant of the City is pretty well loaded with all the required features. I have one and happy with it. Let us see how Active variant compares against the City V.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th February 2022 at 01:45. Reason: Minor typo.
Latheesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:32   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

At these prices, it will not work. Skoda had to price it AT PAR with the City, which isn’t cheap by any means to begin with. They have instead priced it right with the Creta. It is simply shooting yourself in the foot. Skoda needs the Slavia to sell, this is a make or break model.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 19:55   #353
ike
BHPian

21.5 lakhs for the top end makes city/verna seem very VFM if this pricing is indeed true. I feel it is overpriced by a couple of lakhs and from what I have read so far (I haven't seen/felt the car yet) the quality is not "typical" Skoda.

The earlier Rapid was pretty much the benchmark in the segment when it came to driving dynamics but at this price it may never get off the ground.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:04   #354
BHPian

The CEO of the organization says the prices are going to be revealed on 28th Feb, so still keeping my fingers crossed. Variant to variant this is higher than Kushaq, I don't think Skoda is that naive.
Akhileshmdp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:10   #355
BHPian

Only the 1.0L TSI deserves to be compared with Honda City. 1.5TSI is in a different league.
Still, 21.5 L on road for 1.5TSI AT is really steep.
stringbh is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:12   #356
BHPian

Can someone please clarify the city where these prices are listed.

If it’s Mumbai or Delhi on road price. We Karnataka guys can skip Slavia all together. We might need to add 1.5-2.7 lakhs, at that price Slavia is definitely super over priced.
VALLURIS is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:25   #357
BHPian

Going by this price list (which may or may not be final), seems like Skoda wants to keep charging a premium for their badge while also diluting the very characteristics which made them premium. Skoda 2.0 is about having your cake and eating it too apparently.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:27   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The tentative prices for the Skoda Slavia are out. As per this price list, the Slavia range could start from Rs. 10.80 lakh (ex-showroom).

Attachment 2271369

The Slavia will be offered in three trims - Active, Ambition and Style. The prices for the 1.0L TSI MT could range from Rs. 10.80 lakh to Rs. 14.50 lakh, while the Ambition AT and Style AT variants could cost Rs. 14.00 lakh and Rs. 15.75 lakh respectively.

The Slavia will be offered with the same set of engines as the Kushaq. These include a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 113 BHP / 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol motor producing 148 BHP / 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed DSG.

The Slavia 1.0L TSI will be launched on February 28, 2022. Official prices for the 1.5L TSI version will be announced on March 3, 2022.

Thanks to Sundar for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News
Woahh, Skoda has lost it seems. First the Kushaq and now this! I wanted to TD Kushaq and never got any response. Wonder how they're going to sell this at 21 big ones. Some years ago, you could buy the Octavia in this price.
ronford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:32   #359
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I believe this was shared by Gurudev Motors Tanjore, Tamil Nadu.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:34   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER-ARROW View Post
Totally agree with you! Wonder what was Skoda thinking about when finalizing the pricing for the 1.5TSI version.

Seems like another opportunity lost by Skoda, they have failed to gauge the pulse of the Indian market again.
+1 to this. Have been waiting for a replacement for my Vento for almost 3 years now.

If this indeed is the pricing of the Slavia and predictably of the Virtus then VW have definitely lost a customer. I prefer buying the top-end trim for my cars as I keep them for a long time (generally over 7 years). I do have a soft-corner for VAG cars but I have a softer corner for my money.

Essentially by discontinuing the Rapid, the Slavia was ideally supposed to be a replacement and at this price tag it is definitely not a replacement.

I think I might pick up a pre-worshipped A4 or 3 Series at this point.

Pricing is bonkers!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks