Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) 7-seat Petrol AT variant price out

Hyundai seems to have silently launched a new variant of the Alcazar. It's a top-spec 7-seat petrol automatic variant that has been missing from the Alcazar range since its launch.

Scoop! Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) 7-seat Petrol AT variant price out-2021hyundaialcazar02.jpg

According to this document, the Alcazar Signature (O) 7-seater Petrol AT variant costs Rs. 24,96,839 (on-road, Bangalore).

Scoop! Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) 7-seat Petrol AT variant price out-screenshot-20211122-143621.jpg

The Signature (O) is the fully-loaded trim of the Alcazar. It comes equipped with features like 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a digital instrument cluster, ventilated seats, automatic climate control, wireless charging and a panoramic sunroof; to name a few.

The Signature (O) 7-seat Petrol AT is powered by the 2.0-litre engine that makes 157 BHP and 191 Nm. The engine is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission. Until now, if you wanted a Petrol Alcazar with 7 seats, your only options were the base Prestige and Platinum trims which came with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd November 2021 at 14:49.
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) 7-seat Petrol AT variant price out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Hyundai seems to have silently launched a new variant of the Alcazar. It's a top-spec 7-seat petrol automatic variant that has been missing from the Alcazar range since its launch.
Hmm- now whats the procedure to clear the bank loan for the existing car once again?
Well, I think Hyundai must be getting nervous about XUV700's success. At least it has some small advantage over Harrier, which doesn't seem to have a petrol engine in sight for the forseeable future. The Alcazar 2.0 petrol will be a good "please most", "thrill none" but also "offend none" car. I think it should be priced about a lac or so less. Who knows, if XUV continues its march, then there may be some discounts on the Alcazar in future!
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:30   #3
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Alcazar Signature (O) 7-seat Petrol AT variant price out

Introduction of new petrol top variant along with discontinuation of entry level petrol variants - They are clearly repositioning the Alcazar lineup. This could be to prevent stepping into the price band of the upcoming face-lifted Creta (which should be costlier), and also to position alongside the upcoming 7 seater KIA Carens.
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if all this matters much since it's neither a 7 seater similar to it's competitors nor has it remained a comfortable 5 seater in the process of carving out the last 2 seats.
Nilesh5417 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:23   #5
BHPian

I am not sure where Hyundai is going with these changes, so they
discontinued entry level Prestige variant , added new top level trim ?

Was this to avoid overlap between top end Creta and Alcazar?
Old 22nd November 2021, 23:20   #6
BHPian

I think this is a good addition. The Alcazar is ineffective as a 6 seater making it less usable than even the Creta on a daily basis. This corrects the positioning of the car and makes it more competitive against the XUV700. Of course, this car has suspect safety vis a vis the Mahindra but at least it will have a better chance now.
Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 04:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'd always prefer 7 seaters if it came to buying such cars. Somehow I am not a fan of this 6-seater captain seat variants. In case of 7 seaters, one can have 5 adults,1 kid and some luggage space. Also, 2-seater middle row, to me, doesn't give a "family-waali" feeling. A car journey, especially a holiday trip, is about space, but it is also about some intimacy within a family. The ability in the 3-seat middle row to share the odd small bag of goodies between family members, else pull down the armrest if you absolutely need it, gives it flexibility. A captain seat feels more isolated and "business" like. Good for corporate rentals, not personal needs.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 23rd November 2021 at 04:47.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 15:36   #8
BHPian

For 25 Lakhs OTR why would I get the Alcazar 2.0 AT, I would be better off with the Crysta GX 2.7 AT petrol or for 1 lakh more I will get the Crysta ZX 2.7 AT Petrol. Even for 3 lakhs more I might be getting the Kia Grand Carnival base version. So this pricing and positioning seems ridiculous for general mass except fanboys.
haisaikat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:31   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
For 25 Lakhs OTR why would I get the Alcazar 2.0 AT, I would be better off with the Crysta GX 2.7 AT petrol or for 1 lakh more I will get the Crysta ZX 2.7 AT Petrol. Even for 3 lakhs more I might be getting the Kia Grand Carnival base version. So this pricing and positioning seems ridiculous for general mass except fanboys.
I'd be looking at the Compass Limited petrol AT at that price, unless i was inclined to punish my friends by making them sit in the third row.
Old 23rd November 2021, 20:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
So this pricing and positioning seems ridiculous for general mass except fanboys.
I think that is a bit harsh. The Crysta 2.7 ZX AT costs about 29 lakhs on road Kerala, while this Alcazar variant retails around 25.5 lakhs. So there is a difference of 3.5 lakhs between them and not 1 lakh as you mentioned. The GX AT is lower in price, but it is not a comparable variant because it lacks side and curtain airbags. So this variant actually addresses a void that exists in the market.

You can only have the Crysta ZX AT with captain seats in the middle row. For 5 member families or 4 + 1 kid families with rare 7 seat use cases, this is a big problem. Hyundai is not very far behind Toyota in reliability and service experience. And it comes with all the features under the sun. So there will be a section of people who will prefer this over Crysta.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 23rd November 2021 at 20:12.
padmrajravi is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks