Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2021, 08:45   #181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

As far as the delivery woes of Mahindra is concerned, not sure how much of it is in Mahindra's control. Chip shortage has affected all of them, albeit with a different intensity. Mahindra surely seems to have done a worse job than few others. But they are not alone. Even the brands with which we work in the US are facing severe production issues. In fact several of their dealers are selling certain models at a premium. Dealer discounts are almost non existent.
Old 15th December 2021, 10:12   #182
BHPian

Something strange happened yesterday. Have put in an AX7 L Diesel Auto booking on 7th October morning in the first lot itself through the dealer. Did not get any communication from Mahindra so far and all updates were at the mercy of the dealership. Dealer mentioned tentative delivery date would be around Feb 2022 but no official communication from Mahindra in the last 2.5 months and I was not even able to track my booking online. So I decided to call Mahindra customer care yesterday, to my shock Mahindra says they do not have any data for my delivery. They do see the booking but I have not been assigned any delivery schedule. I told the lady that I wanted to talk to a senior and she handed over the phone to another lady who said she would check the delivery lists for me. She checked the first 14000, then the next 15000 and then the next 15000 and my details were not in any of them. This is shocking because people who have booked after me at late as October end got their delivery dates and I have not had any communication. The lady accepted that somehow my booking itself got skipped in the delivery schedule. Now my concern is I would have to wait at the back of the stack :( .. I have emailed them and asked for an escalation. But fact is their world class consultants they have hired for the delivery management have goofed up big time. Not a good experience to start with. Imagine if I had waited for Feb which the dealer was mentioning as my delivery time, it would have been 6 months of goof up time as my delivery was not even on their record..
shashankw839 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 17:04   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Starting a bit late, but I booked the Mahindra XUV700 AX7L version in the last week of November. Today I got a message saying that my car's estimated delivery month is Jun'2023.

While you cancelled booking, Was this Petrol AT OR Diesel AT/MT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankw839 View Post
Something strange happened yesterday. Have put in an AX7 L Diesel Auto booking on 7th October morning in the first lot itself through the dealer. Did not get any communication from Mahindra so far and all updates were at the mercy of the dealership. Dealer mentioned tentative delivery date would be around Feb 2022 but no official communication from Mahindra in the last 2.5 months and I was not even able to track my booking online. So I decided to call Mahindra customer care yesterday, to my shock Mahindra says they do not have any data for my delivery. They do see the booking but I have not been assigned any delivery schedule. I told the lady that I wanted to talk to a senior and she handed over the phone to another lady who said she would check the delivery lists for me. She checked the first 14000, then the next 15000 and then the next 15000 and my details were not in any of them. This is shocking because people who have booked after me at late as October end got their delivery dates and I have not had any communication. The lady accepted that somehow my booking itself got skipped in the delivery schedule. Now my concern is I would have to wait at the back of the stack :( .. I have emailed them and asked for an escalation. But fact is their world class consultants they have hired for the delivery management have goofed up big time. Not a good experience to start with. Imagine if I had waited for Feb which the dealer was mentioning as my delivery time, it would have been 6 months of goof up time as my delivery was not even on their record..
Oh god, It must be painful to be assured about feb delivery and then realizing that whole booking is skipped.
While allotment process had issue but I do feel dealer should have worked with Mahindra on online tracking issue after you reached out to dealer.

I only see one option, keep trying to work/request this through Mahindra/dealer and hope they can do some emergency allotment.

Last edited by mytbhp_turbo : 15th December 2021 at 17:08. Reason: Club Posts
Old 15th December 2021, 17:38   #184
Senior - BHPian

It is high time there are some consumer protection laws preventing sellers from accepting bookings if they can't fulfill the orders within a stipulated period. Imagine the amount of booking money they are sitting with. This is essentially is an interest-free loan they are getting from the customers.

At the very least, the manufacturers should be made to pay interest at say 10-14% if they don't deliver the vehicle within a given time period. The buyer loses 10% (much higher in the case of some manufacturers) of the booking amount at the time of cancellation, but there is no liability on the seller's side. It cannot be a one-way agreement.
Jaguar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 22:15   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
While you cancelled booking, Was this Petrol AT OR Diesel AT/MT ?

Oh god, It must be painful to be assured about feb delivery and then realizing that whole booking is skipped.
While allotment process had issue but I do feel dealer should have worked with Mahindra on online tracking issue after you reached out to dealer.

I only see one option, keep trying to work/request this through Mahindra/dealer and hope they can do some emergency allotment.
Most shocking stuff is that even dealer was not aware that they had completely forgotten about my booking and its assignment. Dealer was telling me all the time that they have no control and everything was controlled by Mahindra and they would directly communicate.. which is true for their other bookings so far.. The problem is the company has tried to take everything in their hand and messed up a lot. The talk is that people have been managing their deliveries from the plant level itself and so this top 3 consultants being hired and all is just pure BS if deliveries are being managed from the plant itself..
Old 16th December 2021, 00:31   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Have put in an AX7 L Diesel Auto booking on 7th October morning in the first lot itself through the dealer. Did not get any communication from Mahindra so far and all updates were at the mercy of the dealership.
In all likelihood the dealer has messed up and seems to have forgotten to enter your details in the system. Since you haven’t yet got any delivery estimate, my guess is dealer entered your booking info rather late. When exactly did he provide you with the OTF number?

Quote:
The talk is that people have been managing their deliveries from the plant level itself and so this top 3 consultants being hired and all is just pure BS if deliveries are being managed from the plant itself..
It is very difficult for an individual or a small group to manually allot and manage 75k+ deliveries. Mahindra has definitely relied on a sorting algorithm for allotments. Other than some cases of 8th-deliveries-prioritized-before-7th fiasco, the algo seems pretty fair.

Coming to your case specifically, I suggest you get the OTF number and the booking date associated with that OTF. If it’s any day after 7th, you should hassle your dealer to write an email to Mahindra to rectify their mistake and give you the correct slot as per booking.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 17:29   #187
BHPian

Got an update on my delivery. Putting it in bullet points:
  1. 1st Date: 7th December, 2021
  2. 2nd Date: 25th December, 2021 - 1st January, 2022
  3. 3rd Date: 8th January, 2022 - 15th January, 2022

Now, I'm afraid they'll cancel the price protection as well What frustrates me is the anticipation and then disappointment that accompanies every delivery date. I'd be more than happy to take delivery in Q2 2022 if Mahindra gives that date Anyway, here's to more days of waiting.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot_20211216172909_messages.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot_20211216171431_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-screenshot_20211216170954_messages.jpg  

Old 16th December 2021, 18:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
It is high time there are some consumer protection laws preventing sellers from accepting bookings if they can't fulfill the orders within a stipulated period. Imagine the amount of booking money they are sitting with. This is essentially is an interest-free loan they are getting from the customers.

At the very least, the manufacturers should be made to pay interest at say 10-14% if they don't deliver the vehicle within a given time period. The buyer loses 10% (much higher in the case of some manufacturers) of the booking amount at the time of cancellation, but there is no liability on the seller's side. It cannot be a one-way agreement.
Its well documented upfront and Its entirely your call if you want to still go ahead.

While I agree with you that there should be some binding on Manufacturers as well but we live in a country where safety crash tests are still a distant dream, so addressing this will take millions of years
Old 16th December 2021, 18:51   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post

Now, I'm afraid they'll cancel the price protection as well
Every single person who booked the AWD is being affected by this delay. Either some last minute technical issue has cropped up or there is severe component shortage for AWD models. I'm starting to believe it's the former due to complete lack of any AWD reviews.

There is no way Mahindra will cancel price protection, already frustrated customers will go ballistic if that happens. Mahindra can't afford that.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 19:23   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post

Now, I'm afraid they'll cancel the price protection as well What frustrates me is the anticipation and then disappointment that accompanies every delivery date.
Oh man! So sorry to hear this. Can totally relate to your frustration, having gone through this cycle myself. Even after giving Mahindra a ton of benefit-of-doubt, the point remains that their production planning is absolutely shoddy. The least they could have done is halted bookings after reaching an achievable number. This running behind records and marketing gimmicks are back-firing on the brand now, looking at the outrage and disappointment evident across social media. Anyway, hope you get your delivery on the revised date. Even though the vehicle will be a 2021-manufactured one, atleast you will have the joy of taking delivery at the start of the new year 2022
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 19:42   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Every single person who booked the AWD is being affected by this delay. Either some last minute technical issue has cropped up or there is severe component shortage for AWD models.
If the component shortage continues then I hope they'll delay my delivery to atleast February or March 2022 because by then, they might implement some of the changes that ram87pune talked about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Oh man! So sorry to hear this. Can totally relate to your frustration, having gone through this cycle myself. . . Anyway, hope you get your delivery on the revised date. Even though the vehicle will be a 2021-manufactured one, atleast you will have the joy of taking delivery at the start of the new year 2022
Yes brother, hopefully if they stick to the delivery timeline given this third time I would be driving the car at the start of the new year But to be honest, I wouldn't mind them delaying it further so that I can get a 2022 manufactured car and also it might come with some of the changes ram87pune said we're being worked on. Anyway, will continue updating this thread with any changes to my booking and hopefully next time, it is with pictures of my new steed.
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 19:58   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Its well documented upfront and Its entirely your call if you want to still go ahead.
What was documented? Were the people who booked on day 1 told that their deliveries can be delayed by a year? Even now, the company is only giving a tentative timeline which keeps getting changed as per the examples given in this very thread. There is no hard deadline.
Old 16th December 2021, 20:43   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What was documented? Were the people who booked on day 1 told that their deliveries can be delayed by a year? Even now, the company is only giving a tentative timeline which keeps getting changed as per the examples given in this very thread. There is no hard deadline.
M&M will cut 10% if the customer cancels the booking !!
Old 16th December 2021, 21:55   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
M&M will cut 10% if the customer cancels the booking !!
Well, till 31st January, 2022 they are not charging any cancellation fee if one decides to cancel their booking. However, reiterating @Jaguar's point, Mahindra is indeed sitting on Rs. 1,78,50,00,000 cash pool that it has generated through booking amount alone. It's pretty much an interest free loan for them, with no predefined timeline for delivering the product. Citing @IamNikhil's and @WadeWilson's examples, the amount of uncertainty there is regarding the deliveries is astonishing.

And, to be honest, it's not Mahindra's first rodeo with botched delivery timelines. Thar's 2020 and 2021 deliveries were in the similar boat and the reason for being unable to deliver as stated by Mahindra was the unprecedented response they had got for it. XUV7OO customers are facing the same blunder, this time being the semiconductor shortage. I mean, irrespective of how much I bash Tata Motors for not sending their Flagship to GNCAP, they have to be commended on how well they're managing the whole semiconductor issue, with Tata Company churning out Harrier+Safari at around 4,800 units in October and 4,100 units in November of 2021 compared to 3,400 units of XUV7OO in October and 3,200 in November, 2021.

The problem with Mahindra is that they are confident that they have a winner on their hands, but are over-confident as to their ability to deliver the vehicles in a specified time period and the patience of an individual to wait upto 18 months for their vehicle. I would reiterate my stance on this issue :

Mahindra's Automobile Engineering and Design team are brilliant for producing such a competitive product, however, where it seems to be facing issues is the management, both of its supply chain and the poor managerial decisions such as AX7 Smart, and not stopping taking bookings after a said number.

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 16th December 2021 at 22:03.
Moto_Bear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 22:31   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
In all likelihood the dealer has messed up and seems to have forgotten to enter your details in the system. Since you haven’t yet got any delivery estimate, my guess is dealer entered your booking info rather late. When exactly did he provide you with the OTF number?

It is very difficult for an individual or a small group to manually allot and manage 75k+ deliveries. Mahindra has definitely relied on a sorting algorithm for allotments. Other than some cases of 8th-deliveries-prioritized-before-7th fiasco, the algo seems pretty fair.

Coming to your case specifically, I suggest you get the OTF number and the booking date associated with that OTF. If it’s any day after 7th, you should hassle your dealer to write an email to Mahindra to rectify their mistake and give you the correct slot as per booking.
Nope. Dealer did book on 7th morning in the first 10 mins of their booking process being open. I have telephonic recording where Mahindra customer care has officially accepted that there has been a goof up from their side and somehow a delivery date was not assigned to me. I believe the dealers have very less control right now on anything. I have known the dealer principal personally and he has confirmed that there is hardly any communication Mahindra is giving them about individual bookings..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks