Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2022, 11:13   #496
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved_p_singh View Post
May I know your booking date & variant? Am in a long queue as well!

MOD NOTE : Post edited for non usage of capitalisation. Please go through our Posting Etiquttes before making any further post.
Waiting since Jan 3rd 2022 for AX7L P AT
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 22:41   #497
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Even though i have been following Team BHP and the forums for many years, just applied for membership and got approved. This is my first post and wanted to share my booking waiting experience.

I booked AX7L D MT from Anant Cars, Bannerghatta Road on March 7th '22, and the SM promised the delivery within 6 months. After couple of months, SM stopped responding to calls and messages. Waited for couple of weeks and then escalated it to ASM, who called immediately and mentioned that the SM has been terminated for making false promises to all his customers on deliveries within 6 months, which as per him is not possible.

When i go through the forum, i can see that almost all the showrooms are making the same promise, but again subject to conditions, which looks like will never be satisfied.

So the current status of my booking is that it has moved by 6 months from the initial delivery date of Sept '23 to April '23, but as per the new SM handling my booking, it may be ready by end of Jan or Feb. Hope the new year will bring some good news wrt the new set of wheels into my family (Fingers Crossed).
har_war_09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 09:35   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
No emails, no sms and no car in sight . Seeing so many XUV700s on the road is adding to the frustration.
Depends from dealer to dealer ... i have 2 bookings - one with Ananth Cars BG Road and other with Shirish Auto Silk Board, and both keep sending me monthly emails and SMS on the status of the booking.
har_war_09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 18:57   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
Depends from dealer to dealer ... i have 2 bookings - one with Ananth Cars BG Road and other with Shirish Auto Silk Board, and both keep sending me monthly emails and SMS on the status of the booking.
My booking is also from Anant cars BG road, but I don't get any updates. I myself keep following up with the SA.
Old 20th November 2022, 13:57   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
Congratulations!
I too liked it, booked it, forgot about it!

Called Randhawa Motors Kalyan, and they promptly came home for a test drive in a black manual AX5, which had been upgraded to almost AX7. Took my whole family for test drive, parents liked the comfort and sunroof, my better half liked the safety features, my 2 year old slept peacefully in the 3rd row and I liked the power, driveability and features.

Booked an AX7L AWD Diesel Everest White. Now just need to go to cryo sleep and wake up after 92 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
Thank you! I guess I got lucky with some cancellations. Since AWD has less number of overall bookings, effect of cancellations are more drastic. Also, the negative publicity of AWD variants by some Youtubers have helped.

I took test drive and booked the car on 10th June 2022 at Randhawa Motors, Dombivali (Mumbai). Test drive was more of a formality and to show the car to my family. We had already decided on the car, variant and colour. It was updated in system 3 days later showing booking date as 11th June 2022 and estimated delivery in May 2024.

Kept following up with dealer every week, and the response was always the same - deliveries are decided by Mahindra and dealer has no say in it.

In Aug 2022 did another booking of same variant and colour at Hare Krishna Motors, Mulund (Mumbai), which had a delivery of Jan-2024 and is still showing the same. Someone else is going to be benefitted when I cancel that.

On 23rd Aug, my first booking delivery date got updated to September 2023 from the earlier May 2024.

On 2nd of Oct, I got call from my dealer that a car has been allocated to me and is currently under transit. Conducted PDI on 13th Oct and took delivery on 23 Oct.

I received the 2nd key but no sequential indicator. Dealership tried to pull one over me my saying that sequential indicators have been discontinued across all variants (mine is AX7L AWD). I demanded any written document stating the same, either update brochure or an email from Mahindra and vowed not to leave the showroom until I have any of these in written. Finally they issued me a letter stating the sequential indicators will be installed when available.

As of now car has done only 250km and I am still getting the hang of ACC. Will post a more exhaustive ownership update maybe after 2k km.
Congratulations on your XUV700.

I also booked my AX7L D AWD Electric Blue from Randhawa Motors, Dombivali, Mumbai 2 days ago. SA has assured me that I will get delivery by August 2023.
If you have faced any further issues with Randhawa Motors please do let me know, as it will be easier for me to deal with them.

Thanks in advance.
adwaitkale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 07:41   #501
BHPian

Trying to gather some perspective from AX7L AT (D / P) buyers waiting in the queue forever (3 wks more to complete 1 year for me in the queue).

We are close to the end of the year. Not that we have the vehicle allotment in control, but if one were to have a preference on the time of getting their vehicle, what would you choose. We already know, there are no planned changes to the car until Q2'2023.

1. 2022 Vehicle, billed (& delivered) before end of the year

Avoid a potential price hike in Jan (~60K), but incur a notional ~5% yearly depreciation (1.5L on 30L OTR - Is this too high?).

2. 2022 Vehicle, billed early next year

Worst case scenario. Double whammy, with both price hike and depreciation loss.

3. 2023 Vehicle, billed next year

Perhaps the best case scenario, if one is not in a rush. The price hike might be a fraction of the notional depreciation loss.

On a related note, I wonder why the depreciation calculations don't usually factor in the month along with the year. A price check on dealer portals when I sold my Scorpio didn't seem to include the month of manufacture.

Thanks.
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:54   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Trying to gather some perspective from AX7L AT (D / P) buyers waiting in the queue forever (3 wks more to complete 1 year for me in the queue).

We are close to the end of the year. Not that we have the vehicle allotment in control, but if one were to have a preference on the time of getting their vehicle, what would you choose. We already know, there are no planned changes to the car until Q2'2023.

1. 2022 Vehicle, billed (& delivered) before end of the year

Avoid a potential price hike in Jan (~60K), but incur a notional ~5% yearly depreciation (1.5L on 30L OTR - Is this too high?).

2. 2022 Vehicle, billed early next year

Worst case scenario. Double whammy, with both price hike and depreciation loss.

3. 2023 Vehicle, billed next year

Perhaps the best case scenario, if one is not in a rush. The price hike might be a fraction of the notional depreciation loss.
I am bit behind you in the queue (coming upto 9 months). I would prefer to get the car this year (preferably this month). It would be nice to have a 2023 manufactured vehicle, but then we might have to wait till Feb 2023 to get the car. I don't think I want to wait that long especially with seeing so many XUV700s on the road (thanks to staying close to a Mahindra dealership), the frustration of not having the car is growing each day.

But realistically I think I will get it only after Feb 2023, so it could be a blessing in disguise. My SA says that the price of the car will not go up any further; but don't know how much insight he has on this front.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 12:54   #503

How much time does it take to get the expected delivery date reflected on the booking status page?
My booking status is showing Booking complete as of now. I believe once the status changes to Order processed then the expected delivery date gets reflected. So, does anyone have an idea when the booking progresses to Order processed from Booking complete?
Also, does it make sense to book at multiple dealerships to increase the chances of getting the car early?
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:36   #504
BHPian

Quote:
It would be nice to have a 2023 manufactured vehicle, but then we might have to wait till Feb 2023 to get the car.

But realistically I think I will get it only after Feb 2023, so it could be a blessing in disguise. My SA says that the price of the car will not go up any further; but don't know how much insight he has on this front.
Don't they start production of the next year's car in the current year Nov/Dec? If not, Feb is the earliest hope.

BTW, my CPD has been Jan 1st week without any movement in the last couple of months.
Old 22nd November 2022, 14:39   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwaitkale View Post
How much time does it take to get the expected delivery date reflected on the booking status page?
My booking status is showing Booking complete as of now. I believe once the status changes to Order processed then the expected delivery date gets reflected. So, does anyone have an idea when the booking progresses to Order processed from Booking complete?
Also, does it make sense to book at multiple dealerships to increase the chances of getting the car early?
It usually takes a week or two to get the change of status. Multiple dealer bookings in different cities might help.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:01   #506

Quote:
It usually takes a week or two to get the change of status. Multiple dealer bookings in different cities might help.
Noted, thanks. Will try to make an additional booking.
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:41   #507
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to complete exactly 1 year of waiting for my AWD L on 1st Dec 2022. Just 9 days left.

I am going to keep the car for long, possibly more than 10 years, so I am not worried about any of the above factors. The only wish I have is for the ventilated seats. Hopefully, whenever Mahindra makes it available, I can go ahead and make the purchase to replace the stock seats. But yes, it hurts a little to know that since the launch the prices for AWD L have increased close to ~2.2L including the increased 4th-5th year warranty. And I certainly do not want to face another increase.

BTW, I was offered a SILVER AWD L car just a couple of days back due to a cancellation, but my family's and my preference is either Midnight Black or White. So, I declined it. My tentative delivery date is between 25-Dec to 25th Jan, so I am just patiently waiting for another 1.5-2 months.

Cheers
gurminder_81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 08:38   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
I am going to complete exactly 1 year of waiting for my AWD L on 1st Dec 2022. Just 9 days left.

My tentative delivery date is between 25-Dec to 25th Jan, so I am just patiently waiting for another 1.5-2 months.

Cheers
Quote:
I am bit behind you in the queue (coming upto 9 months). I would prefer to get the car this year (preferably this month).

Many thanks gurminder_81 & amahale for your perspectives. We shouldn't be forgetting the unquantified gains in terms of valuable life lessons (noticably, virtue of patience) .

Good luck for your deliveries. Please keep this thread posted.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:51   #509
BHPian

Quote:

I booked AX7L D MT from Anant Cars, Bannerghatta Road on March 7th '22, and the SM promised the delivery within 6 months.
Quote:
I had booked at anantcars, marathahalli. They seems to have quite a bit of attrition. My SM also quit. But then, we are waiting for months. May be this is normal.
The AX5/D/MT that i had ordered, got pulled in by 4 months. And was delievered last week. It was targeted end of march '23.
Old 23rd November 2022, 11:31   #510
BANNED

Noob question here. I recollect the initial reason for the long wait period was chip shortage.
But being in chip industry (mobiles and not Auto), can see most of these companies are now going thru the other phase with inventory piling up but no one to sell to due to the downturn. Why is this not seen in auto ...or am I generalizing too much here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks