Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2022, 14:54   #556

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Yes, I’ve gotten a call WRT both my bookings(both bookings are showing an ETA around Q1 2024)

Chose to not skip for now since the hit due to year of manufacture depreciation doesn’t seem like a worthwhile trade off
Old 29th December 2022, 22:51   #557
BHPian

With Hycross prices revealed, need to see how many of the Mahindra bookings go to Toyota. If thats too large, then hope the cancellations can bring down the wait times
Old 31st December 2022, 16:55   #558
BHPian

Finally got a call from dealership that my car has been invoiced from factory and in transit and expected to reach by next week around 5-6th Jan.

Checked online on Mahindra's portal and indeed, status is showing as Vehicle Invoiced and Shipment on its way.

Now, dealership is asking me to pay 2.5L and get this invoiced today itself as they have targets to meet and also because vehicle prices are expected to increase from 1st Jan. Insurance & Registration would be done in 2023 post vehicle's arrival.

As per VIN, vehicle production date is Dec 2022. Is there any harm in getting it invoiced today (31-12-2022)?
Old 31st December 2022, 17:07   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Finally got a call from dealership that my car has been invoiced from factory and in transit and expected to reach by next week around 5-6th Jan.

Checked online on Mahindra's portal and indeed, status is showing as Vehicle Invoiced and Shipment on its way.

Now, dealership is asking me to pay 2.5L and get this invoiced today itself as they have targets to meet and also because vehicle prices are expected to increase from 1st Jan. Insurance & Registration would be done in 2023 post vehicle's arrival.

As per VIN, vehicle production date is Dec 2022. Is there any harm in getting it invoiced today (31-12-2022)?
There is no issue as such getting it invoiced in December. Every vehicle is marked by the month of manufacture and hence even when reselling thats not an issue. If anyone wants a 2023 Manufactured vehicle then they will need to buy the vehicle by February end or March in most cases. Factories stop production by mid December and its not just cars, even makers of biscuits and other consumer goods stop production at their factories by December mid. You dont need to have any second thoughts regarding getting it invoiced I feel. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 18:51   #560
BHPian

Quote:

Kindly ensure with the dealer, that this partial pre-payment insulates you against M&M's impending price hike in Jan. If your state govt. / RTO hikes registration charges, you may still be impacted marginally. Desirable to complete the registration at the earliest.

I have described my allotment experience here (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries). I got my vehicle delivered today.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 19:25   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
There is no issue as such getting it invoiced in December. Every vehicle is marked by the month of manufacture and hence even when reselling thats not an issue. If anyone wants a 2023 Manufactured vehicle then they will need to buy the vehicle by February end or March in most cases. Factories stop production by mid December and its not just cars, even makers of biscuits and other consumer goods stop production at their factories by December mid. You dont need to have any second thoughts regarding getting it invoiced I feel. God Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Kindly ensure with the dealer, that this partial pre-payment insulates you against M&M's impending price hike in Jan. If your state govt. / RTO hikes registration charges, you may still be impacted marginally. Desirable to complete the registration at the earliest.

I have described my allotment experience here (Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries). I got my vehicle delivered today.
Thanks! Transferred the amount and just got a copy of the invoice with Engine & Chasis Nos.

Invoice value 21,18,899 + TCS for the AX7 Petrol AT.

I guess now there would be no impact even if a price hike happens.

Now waiting for it to arrive
Old 31st December 2022, 19:31   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Transferred the amount and just got a copy of the invoice with Engine & Chasis Nos.

Invoice value 21,18,899 + TCS for the AX7 Petrol AT.

I guess now there would be no impact even if a price hike happens.

I too transferred the full amount for an MG ZS EV yesterday as the vehicle had arrived at the dealership and PDI was done. There is a price hike of nearly a lakh for MG Vehicles from the 1st of Jan hence this was needed I felt. You wont be affected by the price hike since you made the payment. I am waiting for my receipt with the VIN, they told me they will be sending it soon. God Speed
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:42   #563

I have booked a AX7 Petrol (Manual) in Apr 2022 from Anant Cars Marathahalli and the delivery date on Mahindra portal still shows a delivery date of April 2023. From the hearsay stories , people have been getting the delivery in few months also in Bangalore. Is that correct since the dealer has been non responsive and quotes back the dates from Mahindra portal.
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:45   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
I went ahead and tweeted, if our waiters can retweet, let's see if there is traction.. so frustrated! https://twitter.com/guru_jagannatha/...BylOj2vww&s=19
@GPJ_23, I noticed in the other XUV700 thread that you got a car allocated. Congratulations !! Since the allocation was due to a cancellation, I assume there were no updates on the tracking website? Do write a post on the PDI and delivery experience.

Last week of December, my SA offered me a choice of AX7L D AT in Midnight Black or AX7L P AT in White. I declined both as I am firm on my choice of AX7L P AT Midnight Black. He is 100% sure that I will get the car allotted this month.
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:48   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
@GPJ_23, I noticed in the other XUV700 thread that you got a car allocated. Congratulations !! Since the allocation was due to a cancellation, I assume there were no updates on the tracking website? Do write a post on the PDI and delivery experience.

Last week of December, my SA offered me a choice of AX7L D AT in Midnight Black or AX7L P AT in White. I declined both as I am firm on my choice of AX7L P AT Midnight Black. He is 100% sure that I will get the car allotted this month.
Yes, will do over the weekend. All the best and hope you get it soon too!
Old 3rd January 2023, 17:53   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride_N_Drive View Post
I have booked a AX7 Petrol (Manual) in Apr 2022 from Anant Cars Marathahalli and the delivery date on Mahindra portal still shows a delivery date of April 2023. From the hearsay stories , people have been getting the delivery in few months also in Bangalore. Is that correct since the dealer has been non responsive and quotes back the dates from Mahindra portal.
It is true that you can get the lower trims much faster than the CPD; even within a few weeks of booking. But for higher trims, the wait is still between 9 to 12 months. You can get lucky if there are cancellations and also if you are ready to go for variant/colour which is not of your choice.
amahale is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 20:55   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Had booked AX5/M/D, from anantcars, marathalli.

The SA had quit and there was no update from the dealer. Early Nov 2022, I got an sms from MnM, about the expedited date of delivery. Original target was March ‘23 and the new dates were 15th Dec. I then started following up with the dealer.

They delivered the car by Nov end, probably canceled by another customer.

Last edited by gkrishn : 3rd January 2023 at 20:59.
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:25   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
They delivered the car by Nov end, probably canceled by another customer.
This helps a lot. Thank You. I will visit the showroom since there has been no response from SA.
Old 3rd January 2023, 22:02   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier, M&M used to be very conservative in the delivery dates and added quite some buffer. Once their production stabilized to around 6.5K units per month, they revised the delivery dates (around Aug-Sep 2022). From then on, it has been reasonably accurate (+/- 1 month). If you are lucky, few cancellations might help to accelerate.

The dealers get an update on the CPD (Customer Promised Delivery Date) every month between 8th-10th. I used to get this from Sireesh Auto on a monthly basis. You could press them to share this info with you. If the dealer isn't still helpful, you could reach out to the regional representative. If you write to customer care (Asha), they might link you to the one handling Anant Cars.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 22:09   #570

Quote:
congrats! may I know your booking date? am waiting for the same variant!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks