Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2023, 21:29   #571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Speaking to SA today got to know that Mahindra will start invoicing only from Jan 20th, is that true? And will the vehicles invoiced from 20th be of Jan '23 marking?

Because we generally see that companies / dealers start to invoice the new year manufactured vehicles somewhere end Feb/ beginning of March.
Old 16th January 2023, 22:13   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by har_war_09 View Post
Speaking to SA today got to know that Mahindra will start invoicing only from Jan 20th, is that true? And will the vehicles invoiced from 20th be of Jan '23 marking?
I spoke to the area sales manager from Mahindra in regard to get my car quickly, but he told exactly the same thing that invoicing will start somewhere from 20th of Jan and year of manufacture will be 2023. Not sure about other manufacturers. I will get to know only when i get my vehicle allotted.
Old 23rd January 2023, 15:11   #573
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I live close to a Mahindra Showroom and have seen a flurry of XUV700 deliveries this weekend. Is there an increment in production rate in last few months or this just my illusion?
Old 24th January 2023, 00:03   #574

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
Hi,
My booking of 25th April 2022 for AX7 L - D AT, shows expected delivery of January 2024.
The dealer is confident of delivery within a year.

But I am not convinced. How can there be such a huge gap between the system generated date and dealer promised date.
Hello, any updates in your booking yet till date? Has the estimated delivery preponed?
Old 24th January 2023, 08:57   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson678 View Post
Hello, any updates in your booking yet till date? Has the estimated delivery preponed?
Hi, I got the car in September last year. There was a cancellation for the same colour and model as mine.
I was repeatedly calling my SA since July and in Sept he told me about a car that probably two people had already refused. He asked me if I can get funds ready in 2 days time. I agreed and it was delivered to me. And when I checked, my online booking number was changed to some other number and it showed car delivered.
Another person in the family got it booked in June last year and got it in December the same way but at a different dealership.

I would strongly suggest you to continuously call your SA every ten days and if possible visit the dealership a few times.

The dealerships all over have a way to get cars allotted to people out of turn. Just have to follow up with them.

Last edited by dragstar : 24th January 2023 at 08:58.
dragstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 09:31   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurminder_81 View Post
the same thing that invoicing will start somewhere from 20th of Jan and year of manufacture will be 2023.
I too received an answer exactly like this and I live in Kerala. Therefore I think they're apparently quoting an official communication which MM may have sent to dealers nationwide.

My car was (AX7L AWD) was originally allocated for APR/MAY 2023, but was postponed to DEC 2022. Vehicle is "manufactured" but not "ready for shipment" yet.
Old 27th January 2023, 00:00   #577

Hello BHPians, my xuv 700 booking estimated delivery is april 2024 AX7L Diesel, will i get it sooner than the estimated delivery date or is there any possibility that i might get it sooner if i book in another dealer?
Kindly need your valuable inputs in this scenario, is it worth waiting or move to another car brand?
Old 27th January 2023, 11:57   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians, my xuv 700 booking estimated delivery is april 2024 AX7L Diesel, will i get it sooner than the estimated delivery date or is there any possibility that i might get it sooner if i book in another dealer?
Kindly need your valuable inputs in this scenario, is it worth waiting or move to another car brand?
The dealers have some control on the delivery timelines, so keep enquiring with your dealer on a regular basis and build a rapport and you might get it earlier.

You can make multiple bookings which will increase your chances of getting it earlier based on cancellations at that particular dealer.

Even with all these you might have to wait longer to get XUV700 than any other car/brand. So, if time is of essence then you can check out others.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2023, 12:05   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
My car was (AX7L AWD) was originally allocated for APR/MAY 2023, but was postponed to DEC 2022. Vehicle is "manufactured" but not "ready for shipment" yet.
Is it not pre-poned to Dec 2022 from April 2023 or vice versa?
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 09:33   #580
Senior - BHPian

I'm getting old. Time to use ChatGPT for posting in TBHP.

Thanks for pointing the mistake out.

Preponed. But now it looks like it will get postponed to date farther than the original date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Is it not pre-poned to Dec 2022 from April 2023 or vice versa?
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 14:36   #581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
I have booked mine , AX7 L MT EVEREST WHITE, on 08-10-2022 and they have promised me delivery within 9 months as they are a new dealer(PPS Mahindra,Kochi). Last week the sales advisor called me saying that there has been a cancellation of booking by a customer and I can have the car if I wished.
But I was not ready partly because of delay in loan disbursal and also had to find an owner for my 2010 Fortuner. Now will take a decision after the new launches by Toyota/ Kia.
D K
I changed my variant to AX7L AT in November 2022 from my original booking on 08-10-2022 and yesterday the SA from PPS motors called me saying that my vehicle is ready for dispatch. That was a fast one , Just a month and half for AX7L booking to delivery. I never expected this to happen so soon .The problem is that I couldnt find a buyer for my Fortuner . So in two minds whether to committ to the delivery .
Old 28th January 2023, 18:01   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In this price range there is nothing else like it and nothing else is likely to come any time soon, it's not just the features and performance but the underlying architecture of the vehicle itself is superior. Hope it's an AT, if not change the booking to AT.

Production will increase over the coming months and you can expect the vehicle to arrive sooner than that, possibly this year itself.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2023, 20:10   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
... Hope it's an AT, if not change the booking to AT....
Thanks for the valuable input, actually its MT AX7L - any disadvantages/niggles in MT?
Old 29th January 2023, 09:52   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the valuable input, actually its MT AX7L - any disadvantages/niggles in MT?
No problems as such but L stands for luxury - AT is a must, you'd be surprised how good it is. I am an MT fan, three pedals or die and all that but this AT box has made me a believer.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2023, 21:48   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
I changed my variant to AX7L AT in November 2022 from my original booking on 08-10-2022 and yesterday the SA from PPS motors called me saying that my vehicle is ready for dispatch. That was a fast one , Just a month and half for AX7L booking to delivery. I never expected this to happen so soon .The problem is that I couldnt find a buyer for my Fortuner . So in two minds whether to committ to the delivery .
I have also booked AX7 (L) P AT through PPS dealership in Dec. The information passed on by your SA is true as few of the vehicles have reached the dealership last week. I was recommended by a friend of mine (who has close contact in Mahindra) to approach this dealer as this dealership is new and they will be able to deliver early. The SA knew me as he was in Pothens where we used to get our XUV500 services done.
harish_K is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks